[ Sign In | Register ]

Ordered :-)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Apr 12th 2021

It’s too bad that the AC/DC Facebook page don’t promote it.

Rob Halford’s autobiography was all over JP’s Facebook when it was announced, so I should think they could be more supportive of Brian’s book.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 12th 2021 edited

Just ordered the sh** out of this!

Brian is the man.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: DrBelfordJust ordered the sh** out of this!

so youve ordered one copy then !
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: angus1878so youve ordered one copy then !

Haha, yes, exactly.
    Anyone know what the £100 ones all about?not really a great deal of extra info on the page
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: DrBelfordBrian is the man.

This is true, but does anybody else think that Brian is such a nice guy that this book can't possibly be that interesting? : )
    Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: DrBelfordBrian is the man.

This is true, but does anybody else think that Brian is such a nice guy that this book can't possibly be that interesting? : )
    Suppose you could check out Paul Di'anno's book instead. I've heard it's absolutely fucking nutty.
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Apr 12th 2021

Thanks for the link. I bought a signed copy. I was going to buy the book anyway so might as well have one that's been sweated over by the man himself.

"Aah Fook. Me wrist is killin' me and nah me pens ran oot an all"
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gaolbreak
    • Apr 12th 2021

Thanks for the promo code mkberg, takes a bit of sting off the international postage.
    Wow, I'm totally getting the audiobook read by Brian.
    Posted By: ShootToThrillWow, I'm totally getting the audiobook read by Brian.

Same here! This is great cheers for the links to the signed copy.

Only 46.00 bucks roughly to get to me here in the US.Didn't see the promo code before hand. Oh well. Lol

Still worth it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Apr 13th 2021

Ordered the signed edition, 20£ + 9£ shipping to germany, a no-brainer....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Apr 13th 2021 edited

was telling a mate about this and we were saying he must get a shit load delivered to his house and then he sits all day signing them, then he mentioned one will be signed by him and the rest done in "auto pen",...thoughts !

(hoping there isnt a foreword by Dave Grohl)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngjohn
    • Apr 13th 2021

This better be a thing:-) The man is a great story-teller.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: 7sevenOrdered the signed edition, 20£ + 9£ shipping to germany, a no-brainer....

Same here. Nice!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Apr 13th 2021

Looking forward to this!
    • AC/DC rock music: acdc1988
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: Moh
    Posted By: 7sevenOrdered the signed edition, 20£ + 9£ shipping to germany, a no-brainer....

Same here. Nice!

Me too...can't imagine though, that he actually will sign hundreds or thousands of books. I'm a bit afraid
    it will be an auto pen thing, but i'm sure it will be a good read anyway.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Apr 13th 2021 edited

Posted By: angus1878was telling a mate about this and we were saying he must get a shit load delivered to his house and then he sits all day signing them, then he mentioned one will be signed by him and the rest done in "auto pen",...thoughts !

That would suck if there is autopen. That's not a real signature. I know that Jimmy Page signed his book with a stamp, even in person at a bookstore which seems ridiculous.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Apr 13th 2021

From what I've been reading today - Waterstones signed books are genuine.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Apr 13th 2021

Been wanting an autobiography from one of the boys for years - can’t wait for this!!!
    AC/DC biographies usually run flat around the 1982 mark. Everything after is a quick summary. Hopefully this fills in some of the blanks.
    Mark's biography was pretty good. But he had the advantage of no longer being in the band.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: Meanstreak
    Posted By: angus1878was telling a mate about this and we were saying he must get a shit load delivered to his house and then he sits all day signing them, then he mentioned one will be signed by him and the rest done in "auto pen",...thoughts !

That would suck if there is autopen. That's not a real signature. I know that Jimmy Page signed his book with a stamp, even in person at a bookstore which seems ridiculous.

Haha, really? That's ridiculous, but I've heard that Jimmy Page is a really nice guy to fans though. Maybe he just got lazy about it.

Posted By: ToastFrom what I've been reading today - Waterstones signed books are genuine.

Great news!!
    Chapter 6 Jesse Fink

TWAT

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: acdc1988
    Posted By: Moh

Same here. Nice!

Me too...can't imagine though, that he actually will sign hundreds or thousands of books. I'm a bit afraid
    it will be an auto pen thing, but i'm sure it will be a good read anyway.

Yes and even without the original signature it's not too overpriced. Fair deal in every way.
    Just ordered myself a copy. I hope he covers both the good and the bad. Don't want just a fluff piece.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Apr 13th 2021

Great stuff. Gonna be the first AC/DC book I will read.
    • AC/DC rock music: Balder
    • Apr 13th 2021

Ordered it now. Cant wait!
    This is fantastic news. Can’t wait to read this one.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 13th 2021

From the previous page:

"Posted By: Thankass
    This seems like my proper birthday/Christmas gift for 2021.

Hope to read some new insights. Especially from the 1980-1986 period.

Posted by Carlos:
    don't hold your breath on that. I will be massively surprised if we get much from 1984 to 2008. I genuinely hope I'm surprised. I'll still be getting it. In fact I've already done the Waterstones pre order thing"

I think it is indeed wishfull thinking to have all the 1980-1986 blanks filled. Beano won't spill the beans about Phil's departure, Mal's iron fist, Mutt wanting songwriting credtits etc. I think also Angus wants to give his blessing first and that could mean it will only contain safe talk about Zee AC and Zee DC

But maybe some more funny stories from the road and some insights in making albums.
    That Rough Trade exclusive version for £100 is taking the piss a bit :)
    Posted By: youngjohn

This better be a thing:-) The man is a great story-teller.

Yep, it's a thing. It says on the advertisement that Brian reads the audiobook.
    Really no ghost writer involved?? That's rare for a rock singer!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: soulstripper666Really no ghost writer involved?? That's rare for a rock singer!

Well it isn't usually noticed until you open the book - i.e Roger Daltrey book was him speaking to a writer about his life as the guy typed
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Apr 13th 2021

Great news! Ordering signed copy.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Apr 14th 2021

Thanks I've ordered the signed copy.
    I bet you 3/4's of the book will be his upbringing and of his early days before ac/dc. 1/8 will be about how he became AC/DC'S lead singer and the recording of BIB. The last 1/8 of the book will be from 1981 to the present.
    • AC/DC rock music: Nachos73
    • Apr 14th 2021

Damn I'm a day late and a dollar short...no signed copy for me...unless I drive down to his house and knock on the door! Lol
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Apr 14th 2021 edited

Prologue - Supernatural experience, meeting the ghost of Bon
    1 School days
    2 Geordie
    3 How I met the boys and got the job
    3 Back in black
    4 Tour anecdotes
    5 Cars and other interests
    6 The hearing issue
    7 Back with the boys
    Epilogue - It’s been a great life so far

Something like this perhaps. Would be interesting to get to know more about how the machinery around Ac/Dc works. How is it to work with the Youngs, has there been times when he thought of doing something else. Doubt that there will be much criticism against anything concerning the band, but anyway interesting.