[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Apr 12th 2021 edited

Official Press Release - Announcing Brian Johnson's new autobiography, The Lives Of Brian - Out October 26, 2021

Pre-order today: http://smarturl.it/T...

=======

Brian Johnson, AC/DC’s legendary frontman, will publish his long-awaited autobiography, The Lives of Brian, on October 26th 2021.

The book will be published in the UK by Penguin Michael Joseph, a division of Penguin Random House, by Publishing Director, Rowland White. It will be published simultaneously in the US by Harper Collins.

Johnson joined AC/DC in 1980 after the death of original lead singer Bon Scott.

His first album with the band, Back in Black, went on to become the biggest-selling rock album of all time.

After a quarter century of platinum albums and record-breaking tours, he was forced to quit the band in 2016 after being diagnosed with hearing loss, but made a triumphant return in 2020 with the release of Power Up, which went to No.1 in twenty-one countries. A successful competitive vintage racing car driver, Johnson has more recently enjoyed acclaim as the charismatic presenter of television shows Cars That Rock with Brian Johnson and Brian Johnson: A Life of the Road.

Brian says: ‘It wasn’t me. I didn’t do it. And I’ll never do it again.’

Rowland White says: ‘From growing up in the north-east, the son of a former British Army Sergeant-Major and an Italian mother, to fronting world’s biggest rock band, The Lives of Brian tells one of the best stories in music in Brian’s own inimitable voice. His life has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows during which success as a musician too often felt out of reach. But even when it seemed defeat had been snatched from the jaws of victory he never gave up. And throughout his feet have remained firmly planted on the ground. Warm, vivid, evocative, life-affirming and often laugh-out-loud funny, The Lives of Brian is a gold standard rock ‘n’ roll memoir from one of our most well-loved performers. Brian’s one of a kind and I couldn’t be more proud to be publishing his book.’

The Lives of Brian by Brian Johnson will be published in hardback (£20) by Penguin Michael Joseph on October 26th, 2021.

===

Oh my god, finally a proper Autobiography from a band member! So hyped for this
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Apr 12th 2021

Thanks for putting this up Bonlives :-)

Waterstones in the UK are selling signed copies for £20 via the pre-order but limited to one per person.

I can't wait until this comes out and we can all get into discussing it.

Cheers

Goulash
    I was expecting the signed ones to be much more but for £20 cannot complain at all!
    Intresting....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Johnnysg
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: GoulashThanks for putting this up Bonlives :-)

Waterstones in the UK are selling signed copies for £20 via the pre-order but limited to one per person.

Cheers

Goulash

Got a link Goulash? Just googled and it didn’t come up?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Apr 12th 2021

Wow only 20 pounds for a signed copy! I ordered one right away, shipping was only 9 pounds to Sweden.
    • AC/DC rock music: Brody/DC
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: Johnnysg

Cheers

Goulash

Seconded, I'd love to get a signed copy!
    Rowland is a brilliant editor and a genuine fan of AC/DC - this should be great.
    looking forward to it, should finally clear up mystery of how he joined ACDC
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: Brody/DC

Cheers

Goulash

Me too, but I'd want to hand it to him and have him sign it for me in person. Means 100x more.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Apr 12th 2021

Cheers

Goulash

http://smarturl.it/T...
    Here is a link to order the book. Thanks a lot Goulash for the heads-up in regard to the signed copy at Waterstones UK. I can´t wait to read this.

http://smarturl.it/T...
    • AC/DC rock music: Brody/DC
    • Apr 12th 2021

https://www.watersto...

Here is a link to the signed edition!
    •  
    • Apr 12th 2021 edited

•  
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: Brody/DChttps://www.watersto...

Here is a link to the signed edition!

Thanks guys for posting the links
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 12th 2021

This seems like my proper birthday/Christmas gift for 2021.

Hope to read some new insights. Especially from the 1980-1986 period.
    •  
    • Apr 12th 2021

If the book isn't promoted on AC/DC's official Facebook page, I'll be disappointed. It's not mentioned yet.
    Posted By: ThankassThis seems like my proper birthday/Christmas gift for 2021.

Hope to read some new insights. Especially from the 1980-1986 period.

don't hold your breath on that. I will be massively surprised if we get much from 1984 to 2008. I genuinely hope I'm surprised. I'll still be getting it. In fact I've already done the Waterstones pre order thing
    Do any of you all think there would be a problem if I ordered the signed copy from Waterstones and shipped to the US?
    •  
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: WhoMadeWhoDo any of you all think there would be a problem if I ordered the signed copy from Waterstones and shipped to the US?

You'll have to pay a tariff, maybe 10-20 dollars because that's what I paid when I ordered from the US to EU.
    • AC/DC rock music: JCDC
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: WhoMadeWhoDo any of you all think there would be a problem if I ordered the signed copy from Waterstones and shipped to the US?

I'm in the US and in process of buying it. Doesnt seem to be a problem and shipping cost isnt terrible.

Got for it!

cheers, JCDC
    I just placed an order for a signed copy.
    Posted By: JCDC

I'm in the US and in process of buying it. Doesnt seem to be a problem and shipping cost isnt terrible.

Got for it!

cheers, JCDC

shipping costs aren't the issue. Its the import tax you need to be aware of
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: MeanstreakI just placed an order for a signed copy.

Posted By: azel

Cheers

Goulash

Me too, but I'd want to hand it to him and have him sign it for me in person. Means 100x more.

I'm so full of shit....just ordered a signed copy.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Apr 12th 2021

This will be a fantastic read. Now The Rudd needs to get to writing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Apr 12th 2021

Pre-ordered the signed copy - get in quick as there's no counter for how many there are.
    Posted By: MeanstreakI just placed an order for a signed copy.

Cheers

Goulash

I'm so full of shit....just ordered a signed copy.

Good lad!
    • AC/DC rock music: JCDC
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: carlos fandango

Got for it!

cheers, JCDC

Well i've just finalized my order so will wait and see. TBH I've never had an issue with import tax *ever* on other items i've had sent from other countries into the US, so I'm not worried about it.
    Posted By: FLACDCNow The Rudd needs to get to writing.

Coming to all X rated adult books stores soon
    Can't believe no one's mentioned the monty python reference for the title. Can't just be a coincidence, right?

This is gonna be great!
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Apr 12th 2021

Use promo code TASTE10 to get 10% off at Waterstones.
    YES! :-)
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: carlos fandango

Got for it!

cheers, JCDC

At least in EU and EEA, there is no VAT/import tax on books.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Apr 12th 2021 edited

boss little surprise that !

(dying to hear his side of his exit from the band with hearing issues, but why do i feel im gonna be dissapointed by it)...but hey ho !
    •  
    • Apr 12th 2021

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinCan't believe no one's mentioned the monty python reference for the title. Can't just be a coincidence, right?

This is gonna be great!

The guy who offered Brian the Hoover advert is the producer of all those classic Monty Python tunes.
    • Apr 12th 2021

Official Press Release saysHis life has been a rollercoaster of highs and lows during which success as a musician too often felt out of reach.

Hopefully he'll share his experience of the FOTS-BUYV era. Very excited to hear Brian's take on that.
    It must have impacted him going from no where (Geordie) to absolute rock stars (commercially speaking) then to "just another" rock band in the late 80's.
    Signed copy ordered!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Apr 12th 2021

Cannot wait.
    check!
    • AC/DC rock music: mdm90
    • Apr 12th 2021

Great news!