[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: JCDC
    • Apr 7th 2021

I'll start by saying that I don't have many regrets in life, but this is one, and I thought I'd share it with the group...

A few years ago, I was living in Singapore and me and the family took a March break down to the Margaret River area of Western Australia - its only a 4ish hour flight from Singapore. the wife wanted to go to Margaret River for the vineyards, scenery etc. I, on the other hand, only had 1 thing in mind....Fremantle and a chance to visit Bon's grave, statue etc. I had two chances to go - one on the drive from Perth airport to Marg River, and one on the way back. Unfortunately we were booked on a whale watching trip just after we arrived, so i didn't have time then to take the short detour to Fremantle. Never mind, I thought, I'll do it on the way back.

So, we're heading back to the airport, we have time to spare, and I mention to the missis that I'd like to take a detour to Fremantle cemetery to visit Bon's grave. We'd still have time to catch the flight, so no worries.

Oh, she says, but I wanted to stop by the mall in Perth to buy some new suitcases, our current ones are a bit worn.

We can't do both, we don't have the time. Its the mall or Fremantle.

Conversation ensues.

And, yep, we bought the suitcases.
    Sucks.
    • AC/DC rock music: Strat54
    • Apr 7th 2021

Ok then.....
    You can buy suitcases anywhere you like - even Fremantle
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Apr 8th 2021

Do you still have the suitcases?
    Do you still have the same wife?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Apr 8th 2021

Suitcases?! The fuck were you thinking, man?

Where are you normally based?

If you ever find yourself in Western Australia again, drop me a line - happy to show you around the various sites of Perth with Bon / AC/DC connections.
    • Apr 8th 2021 edited

Posted By: TreehornDo you still have the suitcases?
    Do you still have the same wife?

Yes and yes!
    • Apr 8th 2021

Posted By: bonlivesSuitcases?! The fuck were you thinking, man?

Where are you normally based?

If you ever find yourself in Western Australia again, drop me a line - happy to show you around the various sites of Perth with Bon / AC/DC connections.

I know! Happy wife, happy life.

I'm now in Denver, Colorado but if i ever to get to WA again, I'll be sure to let you know, would be great to visit the sites and have a guide!

cheers
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: JCDCI'll start by saying that I don't have many regrets in life, but this is one, and I thought I'd share it with the group...

A few years ago, I was living in Singapore and me and the family took a March break down to the Margaret River area of Western Australia - its only a 4ish hour flight from Singapore. the wife wanted to go to Margaret River for the vineyards, scenery etc. I, on the other hand, only had 1 thing in mind....Fremantle and a chance to visit Bon's grave, statue etc. I had two chances to go - one on the drive from Perth airport to Marg River, and one on the way back. Unfortunately we were booked on a whale watching trip just after we arrived, so i didn't have time then to take the short detour to Fremantle. Never mind, I thought, I'll do it on the way back.

So, we're heading back to the airport, we have time to spare, and I mention to the missis that I'd like to take a detour to Fremantle cemetery to visit Bon's grave. We'd still have time to catch the flight, so no worries.

Oh, she says, but I wanted to stop by the mall in Perth to buy some new suitcases, our current ones are a bit worn.

Conversation ensues.

I can fully understand that her desire to visit a grave of someone who she probably has no emotional connection to is not on her bucket list. What I don’t understand is why she couldn’t go and buy the suitcases on her own while you visited Bon’s grave?
    Posted By: Roccowhy she couldn’t go and buy the suitcases on her own while you visited Bon’s grave?

Yes. I've been lucky enough to visit Bon's grave. It's only a 2 minute drive from Fremantle (I walked there - in fucking 35+ degree heat - so it took a bit longer). You pass a golf course on your right before you hit the cemetery, and the gateway to Bon's memorial is right there on the opposite side of the road after the golf course finishes (I think). Can't miss the 'lightning bolt' gate. Walk in a few metres and there it is. Hop back in your car, pick up the wife and suitcases in Fremantle, and then off to the airport!
    You can buy suitcases at the airport my man
    Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: JCDCI'll start by saying that I don't have many regrets in life, but this is one, and I thought I'd share it with the group...

Conversation ensues.

I can fully understand that her desire to visit a grave of someone who she probably has no emotional connection to is not on her bucket list. What I don’t understand is why she couldn’t go and buy the suitcases on her own while you visited Bon’s grave?

His credit card ....didn't want her coming back with Louis Vuitton cases
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: carlos fandango

Conversation ensues.

His credit card ....didn't want her coming back with Louis Vuitton cases

That's why I only ever had girlfriends that a had a job and their own credit card :-D
    • Apr 13th 2021

Conversation ensues.

That would have been the best solution but we didn't have time to do both - had a flight to catch! anyway, it gives me an excuse to go back!

And, she owed me one, which I cashed in when we did a road trip last year, did a slight detour to Macon, Georgia to visit Duane and Greg Allman's graves, and later on the same trip another detour to *the* crossroads in Clarksdale. So, I got my rock nostalgia and she got the suitcases!

cheers, JCDC
    Mate! WTF were you thinking?!? My wife and I flew from Brisbane to Perth which is over 5 hrs away by plane just to visit Bon's grave and then his statue in Fremantle and then our final stops were getting pissed rotten drunk at the Margaret River wineries. Ha ha that's a true story by the way LoL :-)

Oh and my wife had a great time and still loves me and is still with me ;-)
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: Brads AC/DCMate! WTF were you thinking?!? My wife and I flew from Brisbane to Perth which is over 5 hrs away by plane just to visit Bon's grave and then his statue in Fremantle and then our final stops were getting pissed rotten drunk at the Margaret River wineries. Ha ha that's a true story by the way LoL :-)

Ha, nice, well done sir - sounds like the perfect trip! I did manage to do the Margaret River bit!!
    Posted By: JCDC
    Posted By: Brads AC/DCMate! WTF were you thinking?!? My wife and I flew from Brisbane to Perth which is over 5 hrs away by plane just to visit Bon's grave and then his statue in Fremantle and then our final stops were getting pissed rotten drunk at the Margaret River wineries. Ha ha that's a true story by the way LoL :-)

Ha, nice, well done sir - sounds like the perfect trip! I did manage to do the Margaret River bit!!

A beautiful part of the world. Margaret River is great.
    • AC/DC rock music: Truth
    • Apr 13th 2021

With all due respect Mr JCDC,

I am lost for words.

The missus must know what ACDC means to you but still she did what she did ...

... and you let her.

I would divorce any woman who is so out of sync with my needs. Unbelievable story, JCDC. IMO you married the wrong girl.
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: TruthWith all due respect Mr JCDC,

I am lost for words.

The missus must know what ACDC means to you but still she did what she did ...

... and you let her.

I would divorce any woman who is so out of sync with my needs. Unbelievable story, JCDC. IMO you married the wrong girl.

Thanks for your honesty lol! I guess you live by your username! cheers!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 13th 2021

Posted By: JCDCshe says, but I wanted to stop by the mall in Perth to buy some new suitcases, our current ones are a bit worn.
    Why didn't you both go to Fremantle? I'll bet you can also by suitcases overthere.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: dt
    • Apr 13th 2021

Conversation ensues.

Well, life's just not fair. I'd be grateful if my man would take me to Bon's grave in Fremantle!
    Anyway, having some amusing stories on topic... one example... I wanted to go to Dresden in 2010 to se the AC/DC show. My boyfriend told me I'm utterly crazy (OK, he was maybeeeee partly right, because I've already been to 7 Black Ice tour shows before) and he told me, he's definitely not going with me. And he didn't believe I can get there alone... But I traveled to Dresden alone, RTFO in third row, had a ball, got drunk a bit, met new AC/DC friends... and I still remember it as one of the greatest shows I've been. Sure, boyfriend got mad at me. Few similar escapades followed. He's "accidentally" my ex now. Don't regret anything.