[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Apr 6th 2021 edited

Pleeeaaassseeeeee....no Axl hate here....just discussion on the gigs.

Just bought tickets for the Saturday London gig. July 2022. Something to look forward to. Not my favorite band, but they do put on a hell of a show these days
    Never seen them live. Not convinced it's worth it. Axl is a good fella.
    • Apr 6th 2021

Posted By: Meanstreak Not convinced it's worth it.

Could be a hell of a lot of gigs in 2022...already there are loads pushed from 2020 anyway. If this aint your think best save the pennies for something else....there will be loads of choice.

I still haven't given up on seeing the boys next summer either.
    I spent 500 quid on tickets to the 2020 show at Tottenham football ground - hoping they will still be valid.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Apr 6th 2021 edited

puzzled me how a band i seen in 87/88 were awesome live band, then by 1992 they were utter shite, how ?
    Got lazy. FAST
    Seen nu GnR

And this partial comeback lineup, love em both. Great shows!
    Posted By: angus1878puzzled me how a band i seen in 87/88 were awesome live band, then by 1992 they were utter shite, how ?

LOL, okay. Guns were a mess before they kicked smack in 1990. The Ritz is a testament to that; every band member has said that show was a disaster.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Apr 7th 2021

Posted By: Alex LebanonI spent 500 quid on tickets to the 2020 show at Tottenham football ground - hoping they will still be valid.

Yikes, how many tickets do you get for five hundred quid?
    I've got my ticket for Australia in November 2021. Really hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

I saw them live in 2017 and they were incredible.
    Posted By: ToiletWallPoet
    Posted By: angus1878puzzled me how a band i seen in 87/88 were awesome live band, then by 1992 they were utter shite, how ?

LOL, okay. Guns were a mess before they kicked smack in 1990. The Ritz is a testament to that; every band member has said that show was a disaster.

Just like every band always thinks their new album is the best they’ve ever done.

Ha!

Anyone who saw GNR in 87/88 will see the huge difference between that vital sounding band and the big bloated corpse going out on the Illusion tour

Was like two totally different bands.

But you’re allowed to prefer the latter obviously, but don’t come with the ‘the band said they were shit’ thing though, because all bands talk shit about their own music obviously. They don’t see/hear it the same way the fans do.

I bet Gilmour and his cohorts thought that Floyd sounded great in the Pulse abomination for example.
    • Apr 7th 2021

Posted By: BillyBollocks

Anyone who saw GNR in 87/88 will see the huge difference between that vital sounding band and the big bloated corpse going out on the Illusion tour

Probably similar in some ways to watching the LTBR tour and comparing it to Rock or Bust. Although I admit that 87/88 GnR were probably way wilder than AC/DC ever were (not that it's a competition)
    Posted By: BillyBollocksAnyone who saw GNR in 87/88 will see the huge difference between that vital sounding band and the big bloated corpse going out on the Illusion tour

Seen them in 88, they were hungry.
    Seen them in 92, they'd overeaten.
    Imagine if AC/DC had followed the LTBR tour with the FTATR tour, but with Simon Wright on drums.

That's essentially what happened with GNR.
    Agreed.

No band in history is ever going to hold their hands up and say “we just can’t be that exciting and fresh anymore”, it’s much easier to pretend you think you’re better now.

The fact GNR could only ever claim to be exciting for a couple of years tops is a sad indictment on them all though. Especially Axl who I still hold to blame for the snooze fest they quickly became.

Elton Rose.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permImagine if AC/DC had followed the LTBR tour with the FTATR tour, but with Simon Wright on drums.

Pretty much a perfect summation :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 7th 2021

Posted By: BillyBollocksAgreed.

No band in history is ever going to hold their hands up and say “we just can’t be that exciting and fresh anymore”, it’s much easier to pretend you think you’re better now.

The fact GNR could only ever claim to be exciting for a couple of years tops is a sad indictment on them all though. Especially Axl who I still hold to blame for the snooze fest they quickly became.

Elton Rose.
    The loss of Steven and Izzy took the roll out of GnR. Axl's wish for a diva rock extravaganza became dominant.
    Yep.
    Posted By: Thankass

Elton Rose.
    The loss of Steven and Izzy took the roll out of GnR. Axl's wish for a diva rock extravaganza became dominant.

Hey Thankass, have you checked out the house band's cover of No Pants Land yet?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 7th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: Thankass

Elton Rose.

Hey Thankass, have you checked out the house band's cover of No Pants Land yet?
    No. Of course not. No offence to the house band. But i've developed an allergic reaction when listening to that song. Bit like hayfever. Maybe when i have drunk too much I'll give it a try.
    Just like every band always thinks their new album is the best they’ve ever done.

Ha!

But you’re allowed to prefer the latter obviously, but don’t come with the ‘the band said they were shit’ thing though, because all bands talk shit about their own music obviously. They don’t see/hear it the same way the fans do.

I bet Gilmour and his cohorts thought that Floyd sounded great in the Pulse abomination for example.

Ha! All bands talk shit about their own music? What are you smoking? I've never heard Angus talk shit about IYWB or Live.

You're also jumping back and forth between praising something new and admitting something was bad after the fact as if they're the same. They were saying the Ritz show was a disaster immediately after it happened, before they even wrote most of UYI, much less had it out to promote. You're just making up excuses and it's very obvious.

I saw them on both tours and just like at the Ritz, they were a sloppy disaster in the '80s. By 1992, they were a well-oiled machine. I actually prefer Adler's swing and groove, but Sorum was a monster in his own right. With Adler, you would not have had the intro to You Could Be Mine. Estranged would have been impossible. Civil War WAS impossible, as we know. Its a shame he couldn't hang in there but that's no reason to shit on Sorum. Just like Slade deserves credit for being a monster on Live.

Posted By: mutt_langes_permImagine if AC/DC had followed the LTBR tour with the FTATR tour, but with Simon Wright on drums.

Except that Sorum would be Chris Slade, not Simon. Their styles are actually incredibly similar.

Elton Rose.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "exciting and fresh". You're too much. A bunch of junkies missing every other note on their out of tune guitar is not "exciting and fresh". This is such typical rock fan hipsterism. "I'm the truest rock fan because I like whatever sounds the most out of tune with the most mistakes, because the more shitty something is, the more rock and roll it is!"

BTW, November Rain was written BEFORE Appetite for Destruction. So your entire argument about them losing their "freshness" over time kinda crumbles down upon itself...
    “With Adler, you would not have had the intro to You Could Be Mine. Estranged would have been impossible. Civil War WAS impossible, as we know. Its a shame he couldn't hang in there but that's no reason to shit on Sorum. Just like Slade deserves credit for being a monster on Live.”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cheers :)
    Man, you sure do get easily triggered. If you don't have a response, just don't respond. No need to fake laugh to save face.

Anyway, I challenge anyone who says they lost their fire to watch this 1993 show and actually be honest.

Posted By: nimeta

Probably similar in some ways to watching the LTBR tour and comparing it to Rock or Bust. Although I admit that 87/88 GnR were probably way wilder than AC/DC ever were (not that it's a competition)

Well AC/DC members were younger lads around the LTBR tour and old grand parents by the time of Rock or bust tour. It was 4-5 years between those GNR tours, not exactly a lifetime. They obviously got lazy and very overpaid.