[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: ZanSo there are absolutely tour plans in a drawer somewhere.

Yeah, probably in Angus' sock drawer. I wonder what else Angus keeps in that drawer? A couple of classic Hustler/Penthouse magazines?

The same magazines that were in high circulation during the Ballbreaker sessions, I assume, then.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Mar 26th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_permIt's not like they play the exact studio version of Thunderstruck.

Yes, but the more it's been compromised over the years the less effective it's become as a live track.

I do think Power Up stuff will be difficult live. They sound big and fat, have more going on in the mix, backing vocals with extra people involved. Demon's Fire could work as it's a bit more straightforward. I hope people don't expect miracles from Brian live at his age, though knowing him, he'll totally surprise me and smash it.

Even so, I look forward to anything off the album if and when they perform.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Mar 26th 2021

Posted By: Meanstreak
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: ZanSo there are absolutely tour plans in a drawer somewhere.

Yeah, probably in Angus' sock drawer. I wonder what else Angus keeps in that drawer? A couple of classic Hustler/Penthouse magazines?

The same magazines that were in high circulation during the Ballbreaker sessions, I assume, then.

I heard he doesn't own a computer, so nudie mags must be a given.
    I'm fairly confident that if they were to play a live show any time soon that the songs from Power Up would be,

Shot In The Dark
    Realize
    Demon Fire

And if they were to play a fourth song from the album my guess is it would be either Witch's Spell or Money Shot
    I think any song from PWR/UP not named Wild Reputation or Code Red would probably sound great live.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permI think any song from PWR/UP not named Wild Reputation or Code Red would probably sound great live.

I really like Wild Reputation. Fantastic bluesy Rock song.
    • AC/DC rock music: Glum9
    • Mar 26th 2021

Wild Reputation is amazing. It’s one of the best on the record.
    Just pump in the backing vocals and be done with it haha.

I imagine any new tour will be rather short compared to previous ones, which will reduce the strain on Brian's voice, so maybe they might add 1 or 2 more to the setlist to accommodate a few more off the new album.
    They should do a laid back jam tour with a setlist like this:

Can't Stand Still
    Gone Shootin
    Wild Reputation
    Ride On
    WNTTM
    Hold Me Back
    Boogie Man
    RNRANP
    Spellbound
    RNR Dream
    Two are given;
    Shat in the Doug
    Realize

Third one, maybe Mist as the front runner.
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2Shat in the Doug

You mean Shootin' the dawg?

Posted By: CliffFINmark2Third one, maybe Mist as the front runner.

DEMON FIRE.
    I’m curious to what the tracks might sound like tuned down if anything

Yeh the back vocals are usually a bit rougher live but these guys are the best. You can’t compare shitty YouTube footage to being there live and hearing it.

100% lock for
    SITD
    Realize
    DF

I have a feeling something like a rejection would get a go live.
    Fingers crossed we get some shows I’m down for anything
    Posted By: Glum9Wild Reputation is amazing. It’s one of the best on the record.

Agreed. Glad I'm not alone there... :-)
    Posted By: Brads AC/DC
    Posted By: Glum9Wild Reputation is amazing. It’s one of the best on the record.

Agreed. Glad I'm not alone there... :-)

Hey, I endjoy Wild Reputation too.

I just don't think it should be one of the PU songs that gets a live airing. I'm afraid that live, WR might become the new Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder.
    Playing Wild Reputation would be like playing Everything Blows ( Anything Goes), the worst song of the new album
    I have put my faith in that House Of Jazz will be played next gig.
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2the worst song of the new album

Is that how you spell Code Red in Finnish?
    Posted By: MeanstreakI have put my faith in that House Of Jazz will be played next gig.

You're a man of great faith then.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permey, I endjoy Wild Reputation too.

I just don't think it should be one of the PU songs that gets a live airing.

Yeah that's a fair enough assessment. I really like Wild Reputation but I do agree with you that there are better options from the PU album to play live than WR.
    What I want in the setlist likely diverges from what will actually be in the setlist. My top three choices from the PU album: Realize, Rejection, and Shot in the Dark. If I had a fourth: Wild Reputation.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Apr 5th 2021

We will get shot in the dark for sure - that's a no brainer
    •  
    • Apr 6th 2021

I consider Shot In The Dark one of the two only real modern classics since TRE, the other being Stiff Upper Lip.
    I’d like:
    Shot in the Dark
    Systems down
    Money Shot

What we will probably get is:
    Shot in the Dark
    Demon Fire
    No Mans Land
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Apr 10th 2021 edited

Posted By: ZanI consider Shot In The Dark one of the two only real modern classics since TRE, the other being Stiff Upper Lip.

Pretty much this. SITD is also the most characteristic classic AC/DC song on PU, so would be surprised if it wasn’t a future show opener.
    Rock n Roll Train is a genuine certified classic
    • AC/DC rock music: Sellen
    • Apr 11th 2021

Sitd
    DF
    TTMOT

3 songs with a different vibe
    •  
    • Apr 11th 2021

Posted By: carlos fandangoRock n Roll Train is a genuine certified classic

It doesn’t quite reach it for me. It’s a bit too calculated. The main riff carries the chorus vocal well, but isn’t very remarkable on its own.

SUL and SITD relies on groove and the combination of instruments, which makes them very addictive for me.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Apr 11th 2021

Posted By: magpies1990_77I’m curious to what the tracks might sound like tuned down if anything

Yeh the back vocals are usually a bit rougher live but these guys are the best. You can’t compare shitty YouTube footage to being there live and hearing it.

100% lock for
    SITD
    Realize
    DF

I have a feeling something like a rejection would get a go live.
    Fingers crossed we get some shows I’m down for anything
    Rejection would work very good live and I love the track. I don't understand the haters