[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Realize
    Mist of time
    No Mans Land
    Surely they will play more than just three. I'm thinking four at the least. Shot In The Dark has to be played and so does Realize. After that who knows. Maybe Demon Fire and Systems Down.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Mar 24th 2021

Due to the albums success, they will play at least 4 to 5.
    Shot In The Dark and Realize are given. Probably Demon Fire and Mists of Time too as they are the most logical choices. And maybe another song that will be a surprise and get changed between tour legs, like Witch's Spell/Kick You When You're Down.
    I’m willing to stick my neck out and say the 3 will be

Realize
    Demon
    Shot

Almost guaranteed
    • AC/DC rock music: Glum9
    • Mar 24th 2021

I think there will be more than 3 in the set. I would go for Realize, Shot in the Dark, Witch’s Spell, Wild Reputation, Moneyshot
    Good backing vocals pending

Realize
    SITD
    WS
    • AC/DC rock music: Edo02
    • Mar 24th 2021 edited

Realize
    Shot in the dark
    Demon fire
    Through the mists of time
    Money shot
    and maybe Witch spell
    Posted By: BillyBollocksI’m willing to stick my neck out and say the 3 will be

Realize
    Demon
    Shot

Almost guaranteed

I hate to be predictable, but the 3 that Billy mentioned.
    Posted By: ZanDue to the albums success, they will play at least 4 to 5.
    Shot In The Dark and Realize are given. Probably Demon Fire and Mists of Time too as they are the most logical choices. And maybe another song that will be a surprise and get changed between tour legs, like Witch's Spell/Kick You When You're Down.

Posted By: Edo02Realize
    Shot in the dark
    Demon fire
    Money shot
    and maybe Witch spell

The band should let Zan and Edo02 choose the set list. I'm serious.
    •  
    • Mar 24th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: ZanDue to the albums success, they will play at least 4 to 5.

Posted By: Edo02Realize
    Shot in the dark
    Demon fire
    Money shot
    and maybe Witch spell

The band should let Zan and Edo02 choose the set list. I'm serious.

First order of business would be to throw out The Jack :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Cannon
    • Mar 24th 2021

Shot in the Dark, Realize, and Demon I think are givens. Brian mentioned Demon being rehearsed pre-pandemic.
    My album fav is Money Shot. The chorus backing vocals are a big reason for that. Can/would the backing vocals come through as strong live?
    Stevie belting out DAWWWWWWKTUH during the chorus will be legendary to see.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 24th 2021

No Man's Land. For a pissbreak.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Mar 24th 2021

SITD
    WS
    REALIZE
    I’m with Bollocks 3.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Mar 24th 2021

Power Up songs will be difficult to pull off live, so they might see how it goes in rehearsals. The songs are powerful but with a lot of production, I sense they might sound a bit rough and ready but who cares?!

I agree it's likely Realize, SITD, Demon's Fire. Those first two might sound odd with messy backing vocals.

I sense Angus would like to do Rejection as well. I don't see Mists of Time quite working though would be cool anyhow.

NML is a favourite of mine but I don't see that as a live one. Witch's Spell would be brilliant if they can do it well, a lot of this depends on how Brian takes to them live. He has so much control and sustain on the album versions, I think would be difficult to replicate live.
    Posted By: ThankassNo Man's Land. For a pissbreak
    Go for a piss and dont come back.
    Code Red....since it seemed to be the title track of the album at a certain point. It also encapsulates the theme of the artwork.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Mar 24th 2021

Realize , Rejection, Witch's Spell
    •  
    • Mar 24th 2021

Posted By: Toonarmysaluteyou
    Posted By: ThankassNo Man's Land. For a pissbreak
    Go for a piss and dont come back.
    Ok rude man, i'll give you a serious answer; Shot and Demon. Those are the only doable songs imo.
    Realize, Shot In The Dark, and Demon Fire are pretty much guaranteed. I’m hoping they’ll do Money Shot, Mists of Time, and Witch’s Spell at some point.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Mar 24th 2021

SITD as opener. Then probably Realize, Mists of time and Demon fire
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Mar 25th 2021

Posted By: WarMachine73I’m with Bollocks 3.

That's it.
    • AC/DC rock music: fdevil
    • Mar 25th 2021

REALIZE is impossible in a live situation...
    Why do peopled keep saying they won't be able to pull off Realize live? If they could pull off Thunderstruck which has similar backing vocals than I see no reason they can't pull off Realize.
    •  
    • Mar 25th 2021

Of course they can pull it off, it doesn't seem difficult at all. There are very few songs, if any, in the entire catalog that they couldn't play.
    Everything ever written was clearly made to be played live, whether they've played it or not.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Mar 25th 2021

Shot in the dark, realize and demon fire, maybe money shot
    •  
    • Mar 25th 2021

Posted By: Demon FireWhy do peopled keep saying they won't be able to pull off Realize live
    They probably could but it's not that good of a song to earn a live podium. Would fall flat with the audience imo.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Mar 25th 2021

Realize has long, sustained back-ups which are integral to the melodic aspect of the song which nicely offsets the power of it all. That might be difficult to get right live.
    Realize also has like 4 guitar parts going on at the same time at moments
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Mar 25th 2021

Posted By: matirockerRealize also has like 4 guitar parts going on at the same time at moments
    True. This is the main problem. Without the picking it doesn't sound the same
    Shot in the dark
    Demon Fire
    Witch´s spell
    Systems down
    • AC/DC rock music: Balder
    • Mar 25th 2021

Witch's spell
    Money shot
    Shot in the dark
    Mist of time
    • AC/DC rock music: Ber67nie
    • Mar 25th 2021

Posted By: BillyBollocksI’m willing to stick my neck out and say the 3 will be

Realize
    Demon
    Shot

Almost guaranteed

yup
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Moh
    • Mar 26th 2021

Posted By: BalderWitch's spell
    Money shot
    Shot in the dark
    Mist of time

Fine with me!
    •  
    • Mar 26th 2021

Posted By: rideon77
    Posted By: matirockerRealize also has like 4 guitar parts going on at the same time at moments
    True. This is the main problem. Without the picking it doesn't sound the same

To my ears, only the chord riffs and Angus' guitar line which mirrors the backing vocals sound essential. I'm sure they can play around the rest, and that the verse gives ample room for Angus to play fills.
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Mar 26th 2021

Are they going to tour?
    •  
    • Mar 26th 2021

Posted By: shockerAre they going to tour?

They were planning for it before Covid-19 broke out, maybe they got as far as writing a test set list!
    So there are absolutely tour plans in a drawer somewhere.
    Posted By: ZanSo there are absolutely tour plans in a drawer somewhere.

Yeah, probably in Angus' sock drawer. I wonder what else Angus keeps in that drawer? A couple of classic Hustler/Penthouse magazines?

It's not like they play the exact studio version of Thunderstruck.