[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Feb 5th 2021

For those unaware, Ivan Gac, who has been doing a few songs for us lately in the House Band, has recently appeared on a Chilean talent show. He's used our backing tracks on a couple of occasions, and seems to be doing rather well!

First appearance - Shot In The Dark (House Band backing track):

Second appearance - Rock 'n' Roll Train (He shows off the shirt that Brian gave him from the BI tour):

Third appearance - That's The Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll (House Band backing track):

Fourth appearance - Back In Black (@35:55 - He goes up against an Axl and Slash impersonation and wins)

They seem to really love the left audio channel on that show lol
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 5th 2021

Posted By: benji
    Haha, yes i was wondering why the sound was relatively thin, especially on the last 2 songs. I thought: i can only hear Benji! So that is also your few minutes of fame on Chilean TV!
    I've asked Ivan about it and he says that when he performs, the full track is there, no issues. It's only when they upload the videos like this that it happens... he's been asking about it trying to fix it!
    • AC/DC rock music: Rammy
    • Feb 5th 2021

The lady in the middle didn’t know what to think of our Ivan at first ha ha. Speaking no Spanish I’d love this know what was said
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Daniel78
    • Feb 5th 2021

It's excellent how he does it, how he sings. And his clothes of each era!

That shirt with the dedicated signature is everything
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Feb 5th 2021

Brilliant work Ivan! I hope you win big and get the House Band flown in to play live in the final!

Great choices of songs too- this must be the first time a singer on one of these shows hasn’t just done HTH.

Good work fella
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Feb 5th 2021

Good for Ivan!
    • AC/DC rock music: Truth
    • Feb 6th 2021

Interesting stuff to watch. With the Houseband Ivan sounds even more Brian like. Live on tv there is some other element in his voice, I can't quite nail it.

Question for Mati, you and Ivan live relatively close by another, you in Argentina, Ivan in Chile. Did you ever meet in person, did you ever jam together? Or is your acquaintance with Ivan purely on the internet?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Feb 6th 2021

Thanks for posting these, Benji! That was a joy to watch. I wish I'd understand a little bit of what is said though XD
    Posted By: TruthInteresting stuff to watch. With the Houseband Ivan sounds even more Brian like. Live on tv there is some other element in his voice, I can't quite nail it.

Question for Mati, you and Ivan live relatively close by another, you in Argentina, Ivan in Chile. Did you ever meet in person, did you ever jam together? Or is your acquaintance with Ivan purely on the internet?

It is one of the countries next door but our cities are still over a thousand km away from each other! But nope, we never met. We've known about him for a few years, originally our Back In Black video was gonna have in on vocals, but we couldn't make it work at the moment. We only started doing videos with him in early 2020, so there wasn't any chance of doing something in person, haha.
    I think it's awesome there is a show like this. The song choices ect. are refreshing considering most anything you ever see of AC/DC in america is a piss poor backing track with Highway To Hell or something off Back In Black.

Very cool to see them allow Ivan to chose whatever he wants to do and let him keep doing it.

You'd never see a song choice like this on any of our shows.
    Damn that Back In Black was great! Very much like Donington.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Feb 7th 2021

I think he sounds a bit like Udo in these clips
    Awesome and well deserved! Ride the Ivan Gac wav boys!

I am riding the sunset now. Moose out!
    • Feb 7th 2021

I have watched Ivan a couple of times now on TV. He is right out amazing.

The Houseband should collect ac dc Style songs from outside songwriters
    and record the best of them with Ivan. The result could be the best ac dc album in the last 35 years. I would pay money to hear this.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Feb 7th 2021

I think an album of originals by the House Band would be better than anything the band themselves can come up with at this point!
    • Feb 7th 2021

I could contribute 2 of my songs that would sound awesome done by the House Band.
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2021

Posted By: moosefball77Moose out!

That's a shame, Vinny. But up to you at the end of the day.
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2021

Posted By: Thankass
    Haha, yes i was wondering why the sound was relatively thin, especially on the last 2 songs. I thought: i can only hear Benji! So that is also your few minutes of fame on Chilean TV!

Haha, I'm only on SITD, but still great to have my 2 minutes of fame! :D
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2021

Posted By: DrBelfordI wish I'd understand a little bit of what is said though XD

Haha same, I'm hoping Mati or another Spanish speaker will give us a full translation of each video at some point :D
    • Feb 7th 2021

What does this mean? Did Moose just leave the House Band?
    • Feb 7th 2021

Posted By: Truth

I think so.... But believe me the guy has something really great For us soon, at least For me. I just listened a preview of something that left me speechless
    Posted By: Truth

Yeah. I let some of the boys know yesterday. I though it was best to ride the Gac wave! Was a fun 6 years though! Happy for everyone!
    • Feb 7th 2021

Are you pissed about Ivans growing popularity?

Sorry to ask so blatantly but hey ...
    Posted By: DrBelfordI wish I'd understand a little bit of what is said though XD

Haha same, I'm hoping Mati or another Spanish speaker will give us a full translation of each video at some point :D

Im too lazy for that, but basically, the guy on the left is a big AC/DC fan and loves everything, the woman is a bit dull and offers shallow advice and the old guy doesn't have a clue.
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2021

Posted By: matirocker

Im too lazy for that, but basically, the guy on the left is a big AC/DC fan and loves everything, the woman is a bit dull and offers shallow advice and the old guy doesn't have a clue.

Lolololol, appreciate the effort ;)
    Posted By: TruthAre you pissed about Ivans growing popularity?

Def not. Seems like a good down to earth guy and we share the same idol and he's the closest thing to Brian. Do I wish it was me? Of course. But who wouldn't lol. Brian hooked me up when I wrote him a personal letter a few years back. Happy for the HB and I wanna see the momentum continue!
    • Feb 7th 2021

popularity imitating a famous singer in everything? He does it great but he's living in Brian's popularity and I think he knows it pretty well. I'm not Moose. But I just think he felt betrayed by his friends. Just a speculation....
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2021 edited

Posted By: rideon77

I'm not Moose. But I just think he felt betrayed by his friends. Just a speculation....

Can we keep this thread on topic please? If you want to start another thread on things you know nothing about, then please feel free to do so.
    • Feb 7th 2021

popularity imitating a famous singer in everything? He does it great but he's living in Brian's popularity and I think he knows it pretty well. I'm not Moose. But I just think he felt betrayed by his friends. Just a speculation....

Can we keep this thread on topic please? If you want to start another thread on things you know nothing about, then please feel free to do so.
    I was just speculation, if it's bullshit I'm sorry
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2021

I was just speculation, if it's bullshit I'm sorry

It is bullshit. Apology accepted.
    • Feb 8th 2021 edited

Yes it kind of sucks for Moose. He was with the House Band for years and did a decent job. Then this Chilean guy came around and everybody was - and still is - raving about him. Of course things must have changed for Moose after that.

But the House Band always was about doing an extremely accurate and exact copy of AC DC music. Every member of the House Band sounds exactly like the original, Mati is Angus, his solos are immaculate. So in having Ivan Gac as their lead singer the House Band is just staying true to their concept. The truth is Moose is good but Ivan plays in another league.
    Ivan's impersonation of Brian is amazing, sure. Probably the best ever. I mean, he even looks like him!

That's all good. But if I want to listen to Brian, I listen to Brian.

Moose brought his own spin and imo, made the cover songs more enjoyable.
    • Feb 8th 2021 edited

Posted By: Balltoucher
    But if I want to listen to Brian, I listen to Brian.

Following your train of thought you could say if you want to listen to ACDC you listen to AC DC not to the House Band.
    Posted By: TruthFollowing your train of thought you could say if you want to listen to ACDC you listen to AC DC not to the House Band.

Fair enough. I enjoy the house band videos because I can see how some of the parts are played, and because benji never smiles. Gotta love benji.
    • Feb 8th 2021

I am also fascinated by Sabbath fucking sucks. He is kind of a mystery man, never see his face, darkened room, all very ominous.
    The first rule about the house band is: you do not talk about Sabbath fucking sucks.
    Posted By: BallToucherThe first rule about the house band is: you do not talk about Sabbath fucking sucks.

You rang?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Feb 8th 2021

^ One of the greatest joys in watching the HB videos is Benji‘s expression and Sabbath‘s performance! XD

BTW Sorry to hear about Moose‘s departure :( Really enjoyed all of his Great Performances!