[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

30 plus years on it still ROARS across the screen - and no-one, no-one cuts images to rock n roll with the instinctive brilliance of Martin Scorcese.
    A true masterpiece that just never loses its gut-punch power and energy and its killer soundtrack is a huge part of that. f you haven't seen it in a while, I urge to revisit. If you've NEVER SEEN IT... well, I kind of envy you - don't waste time reading this, go and rectify immediately!!

It's not a rock and roll movie at all, Martin Scorcese just uses music throughout in it like a DJ.
    Is is a feel good movie?
    Most watched and fav movie of all time
    Nothing comes close
    Posted By: Leroy_KincaidIt's not a rock and roll movie at all, Martin Scorcese just uses music throughout in it like a DJ.

I guess I mean rock n roll in spirit - its exhilarating swagger and fuck you attitude - rather than its literal content. Which is why all those killer songs fit so perfectly.
    I get it and I got it. On BluRay but the fucker freezes or skips at one part.

Fantastic film. I don't even have to love the Stones (which I don't) to get what you mean.

And before I'm crucified, I respect them just don't love them and I'll take The Who over them and the Beatles any day.

But, yes, fucking fantastic film full of swagger and fuck you attitude.

It's got the Problem Child and Shoot To Thrill spirit in spades.
    Now go get yer fuckin’ shinebox!
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Feb 1st 2021

One of the very greatest gangster films, I've seen it so many times and it's still so good.

99% of what I watch is independent film, especially French, but Scorsese's films are among my favourites of all time, Taxi Driver and Mean Streets for example.

I've been meaning to watch New York, New York again recently, I have the DVD but it's fucked so I'll be streaming it with a bottle of wine some time soon.
    The best music sequence I remember is when Sunshine Of Your Love is playing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Feb 1st 2021

Posted By: Alex Lebanon
    Posted By: Leroy_KincaidIt's not a rock and roll movie at all, Martin Scorcese just uses music throughout in it like a DJ.

I guess I mean rock n roll in spirit - its exhilarating swagger and fuck you attitude - rather than its literal content. Which is why all those killer songs fit so perfectly.

Remarkable film.

Pulp Fiction is another great RNR film in terms of spirit. It has that lovely sinister but funny, serious but tongue in cheek, cheezy but cool vibe all the way through.
    Whats rock n roll about it? Cant see that at all. It is one amazing movie yes. But i just feel the jazz move.
    Pulp fiction, Die Hard, Killer, Hard Boiled, A better tomorrow. True lies. That is Rock n roll to me!!
    Posted By: WholelottatobeTrue lies. That is Rock n roll to me!!

More like Bon Jovi Rock.
    ^ Yes, True Lies is definitely not very rock n roll. Pulp Fiction is a good shout though.
    Posted By: Alex Lebanon^ Yes, True Lies is definitely not very rock n roll. Pulp Fiction is a good shout though.

Pulp Fiction is an excellent shout. True Lies is about as rock n roll as Return of the Jedi.
    Yeah,Goodfellas is a great gangster film although it's not as good as The GodFather. And True Lies is a great fun film. Jamie Lee Curtis is sexy as fuck in that movie.
    Scorsese has immaculate taste in music and is a master of its effect.
    Even early on, in Mean Streets...that part when De Niro walks into the bar with a girl on each arm and Jumpin Jack Flash kicks in...the scene in Taxi Driver where Jackson Browne’s Late For The Sky plays over Travis brooding. Amazing.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 3rd 2021 edited

A soundtrack is indeed really important for the total vibe and presence of a movie. Therefor we musn't ignore the blockbuster "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America" as being a great R&R road movie.
    I totally understand why you think Goodfellas is rock n roll. The Irishman? Not so much.

A few years ago (can´t remember if here or in some other forum) I said The Simpsons were more RNR than most actual bands. Of course I got a lot of backlash! To me, RNR is also about attitude, a chair can be very RNR too!
    Indeed, we should not ignore how great Maximum Overdrive or Last Action Hero is either in that regard! Neither sucks donkeyballs at all! Nope, not one bit!
    Posted By: BallTouchera chair can be very RNR too!

Posted By: Badlands66
    Posted By: BallTouchera chair can be very RNR too!

Catchy! But way too repetitive. :)

Holy Fuck. Is this ever embarrassingly pretentious. The day that Beatnink Thrash was created:

Still more interesting than later day The Who. :)
    Hard to believe those guys recorded Master of Puppets previously.
    Posted By: Badlands66Hard to believe those guys recorded Master of Puppets previously.

They were relatively fresh faced pimpy kids when they did MOP. They hadn't been through decades of drug abuse yet.
    I'm not really familiar with Metallica's work but I did get their rationale - i.e. if Lou Reed one of the most legendary musicians of the twentieth century wants to work with you then a) you say yes and b) Lou is going to do what the fuck he wants and that's part of the ride. I mean c'mon, within 30 seconds of the Velvet Underground & Nico LR had changed music forever - any artist would kill for the chance to collaborate with him. And I like the fact that Metallica say they don't regret it for a second, especially in the light of Reed's death.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Feb 4th 2021 edited

^I feel like I'm still the only person on the planet who enjoyed that collaboration actually XD

Posted By: Alex Lebanonany artist would kill for the chance to collaborate with him.

Exactly.

And to answer to the thread title: Yes, it is. (Taxi Driver is pretty good too, though:)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Feb 4th 2021 edited

I don't think AC/DC would have collaborated with him if asked.
    Posted By: MeanstreakI don't think AC/DC would have collaborated with him if asked.

Who? Scorsese or Lou Reed? :)

A Lou Reed & AC/DC collaboration might have imploded the universe.
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: MeanstreakI don't think AC/DC would have collaborated with him if asked.

Who? Scorsese or Lou Reed? :)

A Lou Reed & AC/DC collaboration might have imploded the universe.

Two Velvet Undergrounds collide!
    Great movie! One of my all time favourites.

I don't know - I think Angus is art-ier than he lets on. When David Bowie died he described him, correctly, as 'a true genius' which did nevertheless surprise me.
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_permA Lou Reed & AC/DC collaboration might have imploded the universe.

Man, just the thought of it... wow
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2021

Posted By: Alex LebanonI don't know - I think Angus is art-ier than he lets on.

Fully agree.
    C'MON PEOPLE IMAGINE 78 ERA DC COVERING THIS - THERE ARE NO WORDS....

•  
    • Feb 4th 2021

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 4th 2021

Lou Reedseeker

They supported him on tour back in ‘74...that’s a collaboration of sorts.
    last action hero
    Posted By: Playball1976last action hero

A Rock N Roll movie for children.
    •  
    • Feb 5th 2021

If we're going down the soundtrack route, "That'll be the day" would be my shout.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Feb 5th 2021

This is spinal tap