[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Posted By: PowerRagedI really don't get this forum's group-think hatred of "Code Red". It's a little weird because everywhere else I see the album discussed, it's the exact opposite.

Posted By: PowerRagedAlso, what's with people fawning over "Wild Reputation" on here? It's the only track I don't care for.

I feel pretty much the same if that's of any consolation ;-)
    Though I slightly prefer WR over WS, but they're the two songs that don't really make it for me, even if I don't hate 'em.

I must add that Rejection is wildly underrated on here.
    Posted By: Venom Injector
    Posted By: PowerRagedI really don't get this forum's group-think hatred of "Code Red". It's a little weird because everywhere else I see the album discussed, it's the exact opposite.

Posted By: PowerRagedAlso, what's with people fawning over "Wild Reputation" on here? It's the only track I don't care for.

I feel pretty much the same if that's of any consolation ;-)
    Though I slightly prefer WR over WS, but they're the two songs that don't really make it for me, even if I don't hate 'em.

I must add that Rejection is wildly underrated on here.

"Rejection" is badass. Was one I didn't care for at first but I kept getting drawn to it.
    • AC/DC rock music: Strat54
    • Nov 28th 2020

Rejection is a great song. I can see it growing on the haters sometime down the track.
    Rejection definitely grew on me. I thought it was a bit of a plodder on the first few listens but I'm really enjoying it now. Love the backing vocals.

Still not sure that it deserves to be second on the album though.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Nov 28th 2020 edited

Code Red blows. Rejection is okay. Rest of album is good to great.
    Nah. 'Code Red' is killer and 'Rejection' is a mean tune that I underrated.
    There is no song on the album that I dislike but Rejection is near the bottom when I rank the songs on the album.
    Posted By: Brads AC/DCThere is no song on the album that I dislike but Rejection is near the bottom when I rank the songs on the album.

Same here, but I really enjoy it. Rejection is the black sheep of PWR/UP. At times, it reminds me of a harder Rolling Stones. Great groove. Very underrated track.
    If you reject me I take what I want.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Nov 30th 2020

The thing about Rejection, is at least we're talking about the lyrics. It has a theme, a sense of menace, like we've had on Bedlam or Shakedown.

It sounds mean, Brian sounds mean. It will give the song more depth and staying power than something like SoF (which I do like a lot).

I've convinced myself Rejection is about an ugly divorce, a couple bickering over the settlement. That makes a lot of sense, and I always take Angus' explanations with a pinch of salt!
    • AC/DC rock music: mdm90
    • Nov 30th 2020

Rejection has switched to killer, wild reputation has grown on me as well. Like a poster said above wild reputation has a real groove, code red i liked from the beginning. Surprisingly enough as of right now Demon fire is my least favorite, I loved at first but now I just like it. I still like every song on the album, but the order of my favorites and least favorite always changes.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Dec 9th 2020

There are atleast four or five songs on PU that aspire on the first place imo. Code Red has transformed for me from the bottom of the pack to nr 1. Money shot and Wild Reputation are also killers. TTMOT is another favorite, so emotional. SITD, not surprising why they picked it as the first single.KYWYD, also a good song. Rejection, a bit below my top five, but good. NML, Systems down I like, but closer to fillers than killers. Demons fire, a bit meh but then it kicks in and gets better. Witch's Spell, a song where the verses are better than the chorus. Realize, I will probably never realise. Sounds like an embryo of TS, only weaker.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Dec 16th 2020

Posted By: Rajd07Code Red has transformed for me from the bottom of the pack to nr 1.

That's simply impossible in the current universe. Maybe in some alternate dimension...
    Check out my new Christmas lights gang. @shmooptothrill on Twitter. My power up display.
    • Jan 19th 2021

I've got Code Red as a 7/10 song, it's good. Everything else is an 8, 9 or 10.

That is quite incredible.
    Posted By: 900I've got Code Red as a 7/10 song, it's good. Everything else is an 8, 9 or 10.

That is quite incredible.

Code Red has made it all the way up to 7.5 on my rate-o-metter.

Everything else is an 8, 8.5 or 9.

PWR/UP is nothing short of a minor miracle.
    • Jan 19th 2021

Posted By: mutt_langes_permCode Red has made it all the way up to 7.5 on my rate-o-metter.

Everything else is an 8, 8.5 or 9.

PWR/UP is nothing short of a minor miracle.

I was thinking of a 7.5 myself for CR, still not bad at 7 though.

It is a bit of a miracle. If you think, nearly all AC/DC songs have similar formula, chords, patterns etc. and sometimes it falls slightly short and other times it just sets ablaze. I suppose there are a number of factors and the alchemy occurs when they're all in alignment.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_permPWR/UP is nothing short of a minor miracle.

Agree 100%
    • Jan 29th 2021

Posted By: Brads AC/DC

Agree 100%

Me too. I'm still somewhat in awe of how they pulled this one out of the hat. Absolute gem of an album!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Mar 12th 2021

Posted By: 900
    Posted By: Brads AC/DC

Agree 100%

Me too. I'm still somewhat in awe of how they pulled this one out of the hat. Absolute gem of an album!

Was beyond anyone's expectations - remember when we all thought we were getting a compilation with maybe a couple new thrown-together b sides?