[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

My fave is a band called Buffalo, probably the closest you may get to 70's Australian heavy metal, but I may be wrong here.

Great shout with Electric Mary. Those guys are great
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Oct 27th 2020 edited

^Agree, but I wasn't even aware they're from Australia haha
    • AC/DC rock music: spb
    • Oct 28th 2020 edited

Divinyls. Got to see them a few times back in the day. Chrissy Amphlett was fucking unbelievable.

• AC/DC rock music: trueblue
    • Oct 29th 2020

Posted By: usernamehereplsMy fave is a band called Buffalo, probably the closest you may get to 70's Australian heavy metal, but I may be wrong here.

I got this album way back when at a thrift record store in downtown Wollongong NSW for $1 !!!!!! What a gas :)!!
    • Oct 29th 2020

Posted By: spbDivinyls. Got to see them a few times back in the day. Chrissy Amphlett was fucking unbelievable.

Bloody hell yyeeeeeeaaaah :)
    • Oct 29th 2020 edited

<>

I never forgot Electric mary.....cool choice mate :)
    • Oct 30th 2020 edited

I can't believe the Aussies like me here never mentioned GONG !!!!!!
    OK, Daevid Allen (R.I.P.) was NOT a pommie, he was a trueblue Aussie who first formed Soft Machine and later Gong in the U.K. !!

You can't get any weirder and psychedelic than Daevid Allen (except for Screamin' Lord Sutch or Arthur Brown:):))....

• Nov 1st 2020

Another beautie blast from the past....Sydney's pride n Joy from the 1960s !!
    • AC/DC rock music: St. Looy
    • Nov 1st 2020

Ray Hoff and the Offbeats.
    Their only album is an absolute Lo-Fi masterpiece.

No idea how to post a link, even if I could find one.
    • Nov 2nd 2020 edited

Posted By: St. LooyRay Hoff and the Offbeats.
    Their only album is an absolute Lo-Fi masterpiece.

No idea how to post a link, even if I could find one.

Hi mate :). Didn't know this band....ty for the nifty heads up mate :). As for posting links to videos, etc., just copy the link form the source and paste it in the reply box.......95% of the time it works that way, sometimes you don't get the actual video up here, but only the link. Good luck, mate :)
    Here ya go mate :)
    • Nov 2nd 2020

Thanks to you too Trueblue, I'll try it at a future opportunity, but for now, ENJOY.
    I love the brutality of these recordings. Apparently Ray was singing (yelling) into the mic with his hands clapped around it and facing into the corner of the room for full vocal attack.
    The whole recording session was soooo raw . Side two is just as live as side one, but the results could be used as studio recordings. The others had an audience dubbed on rather than dubbing in fixes (all one-take'ers).
    THAT'S rock'n'roll.
    I also love the horn section. No Detroit/Stax swing whatsoever. A bunch of white guys from the coal pit band having a good blast is the best description... pure force.
    • Nov 2nd 2020

Posted By: St. LooyThanks to you too Trueblue, I'll try it at a future opportunity, but for now, ENJOY.
    I love the brutality of these recordings. Apparently Ray was singing (yelling) into the mic with his hands clapped around it and facing into the corner of the room for full vocal attack.
    The whole recording session was soooo raw . Side two is just as live as side one, but the results could be used as studio recordings. The others had an audience dubbed on rather than dubbing in fixes (all one-take'ers).
    THAT'S rock'n'roll.
    I also love the horn section. No Detroit/Stax swing whatsoever. A bunch of white guys from the coal pit band having a good blast is the best description... pure force.

No worries, man. Great to be of help. Yeah, the raw power from those old 45s was something. That garagey sound gave those songs and performers the utmost quid to rock some roll :)!!!
    • Nov 2nd 2020

And not forgetting poverty. The Ultimate necessity to really rock - clocks ticking, get in, get it done, get out!
    These were all recorded and released (singles and LP) by Clarion, the label The Valentines were on.
    • Nov 3rd 2020

Posted By: St. LooyAnd not forgetting poverty. The Ultimate necessity to really rock - clocks ticking, get in, get it done, get out!
    These were all recorded and released (singles and LP) by Clarion, the label The Valentines were on.

Yes, Clarion....I remember that label...it pre-dated Mushroom Records in its heyday :)
    • Nov 3rd 2020 edited

Who here can rememeber this sheila ??!!! Helen Reddy was every teens' Aussie sweetheart back in the day. Of course, I was much more into the harder rock stuff bacK then, but I am Woman was a worldwide hit in '71. I loved that song because I have always respected and loved women for what they are....this song was long heralded as the anthem of women libbers all over the world...perhaps it was, but I consider it a legit message to us boys who think that the rock and pop industry belongs to chauvinist males .....lest we forget James Brown's message: "IT'S A MAN'S WORLD, BUT IT WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT A WOMAN OR A GIRL" :):):)

• Nov 3rd 2020 edited

Alright mates, I wasn't gonna mention this blast from the bast, but Johnny might very well be the first true Aussie rocker ....everyone was trying to copy Elvis, Little Richard and Chuck Berry (Angus :)) so the legacy lived on with JOK:)
    I remember scrambling thru my elder sis's 45s and pleasantly discovering JOK, Little Richard and Elvis and Chuck Berry.......the rest is rock history!!

• Nov 3rd 2020

• Nov 3rd 2020

Vicky O'Keefe....Johnny's lovely daughter....we DO have beautiful ladies in OZ, don't we ????? And the legacy goes on...and on :)!!!

• Nov 4th 2020

LYCANTHIA.......SYDNEYSIDER DOOM METAL BAND:):)

• Nov 5th 2020

HUSH :)

• AC/DC rock music: 44
    • Nov 6th 2020

I saw Amyl and the Sniffers live last year and they were fantastic. I was wearing an AC/DC cap and the guitarist nodded to me to acknowledge my great taste in Rock'n'Roll :) They have some AC/DC covers available online I think

The chats were already mentioned and i love 'em

• Nov 6th 2020

Rose Tattoo are a bit too obvious to mention, but I think this one of the best songs to ever come out of Australia right up there with all of the AC/DC classics

The Angels are another one of my favourites. The first album is a classic. "No way, Get Fucked, Fuck Off!" :D

• Nov 6th 2020

Dave Evans with Rabbit is actually really good, even though he is always ridiculed on this forum. I have an European pressing of this record which is apparently pretty rare. I'm not sure if the whole album is available online
    • Nov 9th 2020

Posted By: 44

I saw Amyl and the Sniffers live last year and they were fantastic. I was wearing an AC/DC cap and the guitarist nodded to me to acknowledge my great taste in Rock'n'Roll :) They have some AC/DC covers available online I think

The chats were already mentioned and i love 'em

Yep, the next best act in OZ femme singers :)
    • Apr 10th 2021

DOLLSQUAD ............