[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: PowerRaged
    • Oct 16th 2020 edited

As a Boston resident of the last few years, I've seen my fair share of shows at the legendary Paradise Theater (now called Paradise Rock Club). It's sacred ground for rock and roll, truly. So many great acts that went on to become legends have played here.

One of AC/DC's most famous bootlegs is from their 1978 show on August 21st with Bon Scott at the Paradise Theater.

I've always wanted to see any photos or even one photo from this concert. Anyone have any, at all? Are they any that exist?

Thanks!

Woah, really? I didn't expect anyone to be able to link anything. Thank you!
    There he is, Bon Tyler himself.
    The cover photos from IYWB and the japanese Rosie single were shot the same night After this gig, on a movie soundstage.
    Man I saw Marky Ramone and Andrew WK there. Definitely not as iconic LOL
    Was confused at first by the lighting rig. Almost looked like part of the one they used in the mid 80s
    • AC/DC rock music: tnpee
    • Oct 17th 2020

Posted By: tomscotlandThere he is, Bon Tyler himself.
    The cover photos from IYWB and the japanese Rosie single were shot the same night After this gig, on a movie soundstage.

Great gig! And thats funny part when radio host introduces us Bon Tyler before last song.

I've had this bootleg boston babies play live cd maybe 25 years and really enjoy this particular gig. Maybe the best live version of Gone shootin' (Dont shoot me. Track listing have some other problems as well).
    • AC/DC rock music: markmj
    • Oct 17th 2020

Best Gone Shottin' EVER!!!
    • AC/DC rock music: Raff
    • Oct 17th 2020 edited

Posted By: MYoung4ever

These fotos are from Seattle 1978
    I

Posted By: Raff
    Posted By: MYoung4ever

These fotos are from Seattle 1978

According to the photographer’s page, they are from Boston. (The photos from 1978 are towards the bottom of this link, https://rockrollphot...

Given that his other AC/DC concert photos are also from Boston I’m inclined to believe him.

However, according to the wonderful tour archives on ac-dc.net, the lads never played the Orphem in 1978—only the paradise. Perhaps these photos are simply mislabeled?
    Posted By: MYoung4everPerhaps these photos are simply mislabeled?

I work as a sun-contracted pro Photographer to the same company (Getty Images) as this photographer that took these photos so with my understanding of how the archiving, labelling and captioning of images works I can say that it is possible. Not likely but certainly not impossible either.
    It's confusing because knowing the venue, it almost looks too high a ceiling to be the Paradise.
    Yeah it doesn’t look much like the ‘Dise, as I recall
    Almost 100% positive that's nugents stage in 78
    That back line wouldn't be in the paradise it's not that big of place
    One of my acdc books has that pic I believe with the caption
    " louder than you will ever be " or something like that
    One of the 2 dates in August 78 opening for Ted
    Posted By: sfadden30Almost 100% positive that's nugents stage in 78
    That back line wouldn't be in the paradise it's not that big of place
    One of my acdc books has that pic I believe with the caption
    " louder than you will ever be " or something like that
    One of the 2 dates in August 78 opening for Ted

Maximum Rock n Roll has another pic from that show and says its from supporting Nugent at Seattle Coliseum in 78.
    • AC/DC rock music: markmj
    • Jan 23rd 2021

These pics are from BUFFALO, NY - SEPTEMBER 1978: AC/DC performing at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium, September 27, 1978. Malcolm Young, Phil Rudd, Angus Young, Cliff Williams, Bon Scott. (Ron Pownall)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Apr 5th 2021

Was listening to this today, been going through my boots again. So damn good.
    Should've mentioned this beauty of a recording in the best live album thread! I'm glad the Paradise is still running after all these years.
    Posted By: soulstripper666I'm glad the Paradise is still running after all these years.

Let's hope it stays open, yeah. Saw Gary Numan there, last. Legendary place.