[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Drew1999
    • Dec 12th 2020

i think it was actually Malcolm that said it was about sneaking into your girlfriends room at night, during one of those interviews around the time of the Night Stalker killings.

I think the boys might have taken inspiration from this spongebob episode, as well.
    lmao just read that interview and came here to talk about it. Love to see Riff Raff getting some love. But yeah, those comments about Night Prowler.... WHAT? hahaha
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Dec 13th 2020

So it should be Night Owler then.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Dec 13th 2020

Also the bits about Thunderstruck are a bit awks given he did royally fuck it up on some tours! I thought maybe he could switch to doing it without cross-picking, just use hammers/pulls, would sound fine. Fair play to him for persevering.
    • AC/DC rock music: goady666
    • Dec 15th 2020

Check out this review
    • AC/DC rock music: kelway
    • Dec 18th 2020

Posted By: ThankassSo it should be Night Owler then.

https://www.facebook...
    This should be mandatory reading for fans.net members:

https://www.louderso...

A few interesting nuggets:

"Every AC/DC album begins with a real banger, and Power Up does exactly that with Realize.

Angus: Yeah. I remember the first time Malcolm played me his idea of it, and I said at the time: “You got some lyric ideas?”, and he sung what he had to me. I wished I’d had a tape recording of that. But anyhow, it was so hooky it just stuck in my head, so it was easy to put it together. "

"Who wrote the lyrics?

Angus: A lot of the titles and also some of the lyric ideas were from Mal, the rest from myself. "
    I loved the interview! Great read! The part that made me laugh lots was:
    Brian: And you’ve got to remember, ‘rock’ is a very hard word to rhyme – without getting into trouble.
    The part that pretty much got me in tears was:
    And he was always the one saying: “Hey, I’m right behind you, I’m right here.” ( what Mal said)
    A true brother and like said, he was a very strong and practical character! Determined as hell too!

“You Plough On” -Malcolm Young
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Brads AC/DC
    • Dec 28th 2020 edited

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm"Who wrote the lyrics?

Angus: A lot of the titles and also some of the lyric ideas were from Mal, the rest from myself. "

Let's hope that quietens some of the speculation and conspiracy theory around here regarding the Power Up lyrics.
    Posted By: Brads AC/DCLet's hope that quietens some of the speculation and conspiracy theory around here regarding the Power Up lyrics.

Yeah, but Angus has also stated recently that Night Prowler was about some raccoons roaming around an alley just outside his bedroom window at night.
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm
    Posted By: Brads AC/DCLet's hope that quietens some of the speculation and conspiracy theory around here regarding the Power Up lyrics.

Yeah, but Angus has also stated recently that Night Prowler was about some raccoons roaming around an alley just outside his bedroom window at night.

Ha ha true lol :-)

I think that's what's called Angus diverting us away from the truth ;-)
    How did The Voice of America (WTF?) secure an interview with Angus and Brian?

Brian says in that video above if I understood him correctly that he signs from the throat and not the diaphragm. That sounds odd he can keep on doing that without damaging his throat and voice.
    Posted By: MeanstreakBrian says in that video above if I understood him correctly that he signs from the throat and not the diaphragm. That sounds odd he can keep on doing that without damaging his throat and voice.

Didn't watch it yet, but it's weird indeed, especially for a professional singer. Well it kinda explains why he wrecked his voice back in the 80s hahah, still he must have found a way to make it work later on. As we discussed at lenght several times, his voice certainly changed over the years. I would have loved to see him in the studio during the various eras to study how he does it and how did he change his approach when he got older. His voice has always been a bit of a mistery to me, it's such a different approach from most of the other hard rock singers, Bon included.
    • Feb 24th 2021

https://www.radio.co...

About half way through, there is a dog walking around behind Angus. That was fun to watch!
    • Feb 25th 2021

Another good interview. He talks about some of his favorite tv shows

This is a new interview, published February 22.

My personal review :

Found it in anotger large supermarket with larger non-food division.
    Three or four still left after more than ½ year later.
    €16,99 for a paperback hull CD. Not plastic.
    Allright by me, for ecological reasons.
    Has of course allready dents'n vaults newly.
    Clapped open nice animated picture row of the band members.
    Phil Rudd the only one smiling, after all those complains, here on the forum.
    Several-paged booklet with pics of band members.
    No lyrics.
    Am not a female interested on pics of males.
    No wall-poster, no stickers.
    Dissapointing.
    Printing on the CD pretty interesting "Cable Salad", thumbs up!
    But the booklet could for ecological reasons left away.

Not listened to it.
    Nerd to fire up personal-computer or buy some ghetto blaster.
    They have Blaupunkt for ~70€, will look up another place.

The booklet with missing lyrics make it a no-go:
    Leave it or Bust!
    Bought me today morning a
    `Grundig CMS 1050 BT DAB+'
    https://www.testberi...
    Pricetag regular 89,99€, reduced to level €60,-.
    Speakers on massive wood table with four legs.
    Great BASS! Appeared being an acoustic guitar body.

I DO LIKE THE CD!

Samey Okay, but I don't mind listen to the same song
    for 41:08 minutes; or was it 40:08 minutes ?
    Especially on long-time Autobahn strides.

Never had recognized Cliff bevore.
    Listened twice in a row.
    Them put in Black Ice.
    Also here Cliff GREAT!

Seems I need to bite into the sour apple,
    and re-organise me all other DCs again.
    Unlucky me!

It really depends on the hardware.
    The software is GREAT!