[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • May 12th 2010

Said by any band member.

My personal favorites include:

"There are all sorts of cute puppy dogs, but it doesn't stop people from going out and buying Dobermans."-Angus

“I'm sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same.”-Angus

And of course, "Fuck 'em all."
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • May 12th 2010

“I'm sick and tired of people saying that we put out 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we've put out 12 albums that sound exactly the same.”-Angus

^ I'm sick of journalists who use this every time they run a story on the band and just change the numbers to suit the situation.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • May 12th 2010

Yeah just leave the damn quote be. It was genius, don't milk the hell out of it.
    Interviewer - "Are You AC or DC?"

Bon - "Neither,I'm The Lightning Bolt In The Middle"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Always Loved That Answer From Bon,Such Class
    I can't think of anything specific right now, but angus is hilarious in interviews.
    Interviewer: "Bands such as Guns 'n' Roses are beginning to cover AC/DC songs....do you think that is good?"

Malcolm: "Well, I've never heard of you know, Guns 'n' Roses, basically I've never heard them play but it is good that bands like that can play our music.."

Keep in mind this was in 1988
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BFET
    • May 13th 2010 edited

Angus calling Van Halen a "pop band." Haha, gets me every time. Around 2 mins in.
    Yeah, nitro and BFET's ones are cool, I think. I also like Bon talking about chicks on LTBR - "Girls are special. You can hug them" or something like that....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 13th 2010

Not a quote from the band but from the NME who had a complete about face about AC/DC when SUL came out, havinghated them for years

"Castigating AC/DC for sexism is like telling off your dog for trying to shag your leg"
    I remember that quote! Were DC on the cover, black and white shot of Angus?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Powerage
    • May 13th 2010

Fuck em all wasnt actually a quote if you wanna get technival jonalba. I made that one up after Beano said fuck em.
    why are you now "powerade"?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 13th 2010 edited

as they are getting interviewed before they play theIr set on the VH1 SPECIAL
    being asked about the last time they played in such a small area (television studio)

"we haven't been this close to each other for a while,"
    "you can smell those armpits"
    ANGUS YOUNG

and BON claiming he is a "SPECIAL DRUNKARD"
    in the movie let there be rock
    ''I'm the lightning bolt in the middle'' Bon's words
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

Winner ulster. First to notice! When I was at the gig they were selling Powerade and i thought they should change it to Powerage for a day. I thought it was only a small difference and i was curious to see how long itd take for someone to pick that up.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Landslide
    • May 13th 2010

Excusez-moi?

I believe I noticed it sometime last week, and asked you about it on MSN. Now, where's my prize?
    now, now Landslide - accept defeat graciously......
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • May 13th 2010

Powerade-does it count if you noticed it ages ago but couldn't give a toss?
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

Also BFET. Im a massive Van Halen fan and i agree with Angus, Van Halen is a more pop band than AC/DC is.
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

Don't change the subject, Powerage. I want my freakin' prize. And to gloat in front of Ulster.
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

Bon Scott "I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number."
    And to gloat in front of Ulster.

Ah , mate no need for that. You can have the prize if it means that much to you. It's a copy of IM2 signed by Carlos Fandango
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

........ahem, well, then again, you were the first to officially announce it on the forum.
    no, no, no - you were the first. Go right ahead and pick up your prize. Don't be shy, you earned it
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

Please don't make me take it. For the love of God, please.
    heh heh!
    LOL

"does it count if you noticed it ages ago but couldn't give a toss?"

HA!HA!HA!

•  
    • May 13th 2010

Powerade- What's your favorite Van Halen album? Mine would have to be Fair Warning. Massive album!
    •  
    • May 13th 2010 edited

EDIT: Moved to a more "relevant" thread
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • May 13th 2010

how is it whenever a topic is started
    it turns into an old pals act between 3 people talking shite amongst themselves
    then someone like van halen is brought into it

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC

why not start a topic called WHO LIKES VAN HALEN
    instead fucking up this one
    ^agreed

here's a quote, "ACD/DC... it's like an earthquake" -- Angus
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

Calm down, dear. It's just an AC/DC forum. The world isn't going to unravel because some of us are having a laugh or bring up another band.

"I think after Bon I felt horribly grown up in a way, when you're young you always think you're immortal and that time really spun me around" - Angus

"We aren't the prettest things in the world. With AC/DC its not like we're out to steal your wife and your girlfriend and your daughter. We may borrow them" - Angus

"We're not black magic satanists. I don't drink blood. I may wear black underpants now and again, but that's it." - Angus
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

"FUCK 'EM"

Brian Johnson.....
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

It's just a short sidebar... Get off my case, jerkweed.

Heres a woman I'm sure you hate seeing.
    This forum would be a pretty boring place if we had to stick explicity and exclusively to the thread topics
    yea, stop dicking around "jerkweeds"!!!

BTW- what is a jerkweed?

I don't have a fave quote mainly cos over the last 25 years its been the same quotes recycled by Angus. And I can't be arsed racking my brains for something interesting they might have said...once.
    They never have much to say....they let the music speak for itself.
    Interviewer - "Are You AC or DC?"

Bon - "Neither,I'm The Lightning Bolt In The Middle"

I´ve never believed Bon actually said that. too convenient, too "legendary" and probably too cheesy.

Still very funny, tho.
    •  
    • May 13th 2010

"jerkweed"

Def.-a jerk, but worse

or

Offensive noun, thrown at German terrorist along with a pound of C4 down an elevator shaft in a popular 1980's action movie

" Let's see you take *this* under advisement, jerkweed!"