[ Sign In | Register ]

Posted By: matirockerIt's so bizarre. Who is she? Why was she chosen for this?

Who knows exactly. But based on the research that was done by some of us here, it seems that she’s connected to the record label (i.e. Sony). But why exactly her and not someone else is still a mystery and remains to be seen.
    I'll have to try and remember where I last put my buns so I can hold onto them.
    • AC/DC rock music: Big Rab
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Buns at the ready!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Hot cross buns

Maybe Ang and/or Brian have bought one of these buns
    I wonder if this actually even belongs in the “BIB 40 celebration” thread or if discussion should be moved into the “Speculation” thread instead... I’m kinda getting mixed signals here!
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2

Maybe Ang and/or Brian have bought one of these buns

No offence if anyone on here, ladies excluded, has a man bun oh dear. They are an abomination. Samurai Warriors yes. Joe fucking Wicks and wannabe reality pricks naw.
    Perhaps it’s also worth noting that the main background logo on iTunes just changed from red “AC/DC” lettering on a black background to solid black “AC/DC” lettering on a white background: https://music.apple....

What’s interesting to me is that this logo is NOT what they’ve been using to celebrate BIB 40 in every other place. It seems different/new altogether. Maybe there’s more to this?
    Well folks if anything new is gonna happen it's gonna be this weekend surely
    Completely white sleeve on new album for Mal?
    • AC/DC rock music: 44
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Hopefully something exciting will happen!

I like the stripped down logo in Itunes
    Well, this could either be the most eventful day since the Vancouver leaks, or just another complete disappointment. Still, I’m going half chub for the next 12 hours.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinWell, this could either be the most eventful day since the Vancouver leaks, or just another complete disappointment. Still, I’m going half chub for the next 12 hours.

You're placing way too much faith in this kid
    Posted By: TryioToast
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinWell, this could either be the most eventful day since the Vancouver leaks, or just another complete disappointment. Still, I’m going half chub for the next 12 hours.

You're placing way too much faith in this kid
    It really wouldn't take much for a day to considered eventful around here. A mere video of Angus saying "hello" would be considered as such. You're probably right though - perhaps it's a different, unused take for the YSMANL music video that they're editing together, or just a remaster of the original. There's not much to go off of in order to create reasonable expectations.
    My reasonible hope:

YSMANL Re-recorded 2018 Version
    Amsterdam Video Shoot with the boys as the setting

My Expectation:
    NOTHING FRUITFUL
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Moose, you gave up hope a long time ago. Don't go trying to find it now.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Jul 23rd 2020

I’m not sure what to think. Who is she? She only has 3400 twitter followers so why? Another mystery in a bizarre 4 years. :)
    • AC/DC rock music: NYC
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Posted By: FLACDCI’m not sure what to think. Who is she? She only has 3400 twitter followers so why? Another mystery in a bizarre 4 years. :)
    It’s some kind of partnership with Twitch and she’s connected to them.
    Here are my best uneducated guesses:

1. A remastered version of the original YSMANL 1980 video in HD (not the David Mallet directed one in 1986)
    2. An ultra lame version of fans miming the lyrics to YSMANL
    3. A new video of YSMANL with some cool never before seen vintage footage

PS - If it ends up being #2, I'm going to be massively depressed.
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Posted By: NYC
    Posted By: FLACDCI’m not sure what to think. Who is she? She only has 3400 twitter followers so why? Another mystery in a bizarre 4 years. :)
    It’s some kind of partnership with Twitch and she’s connected to them.

Guess a sign of getting old is never having heard of Twitch.
    Just stock video of random clips... now that would be...lame
    My expectations could not be lower.
    Posted By: Geordie_boot_boyMy expectations could not be lower.

None of their official social media channels have endorsed her Twitch stream or even mentioned anything about this. I think it’s safe to say we’re in for another grade A disappointment.
    I hadn’t even considered the possibility of it being a fan-miming video, or anything other than the band itself. 5 hours and 41 minutes.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Toast
    • Jul 23rd 2020

It's gonna be A) a remaster of a video, so basically nothing new
    B) something utterly pathetic like what was suggested
    • Jul 23rd 2020

I have to believe the “video shoot” photo leak is involved. That said it’s really risky to actually redo the song as there’s a better than average chance it won’t sound as good as the original. I think it’s simply a new, mimed video. If that’s the case it’ll be damn nice to see Brian and Phil back with the boys regardless.
    I'm just glad we don't have to wait much longer to see if it's shit or not
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Nah, sitting for a month in a studio in Vancouver2 years ago, to work on a new version of YSMANL which is to be released 2 years later and for which a clip was made in Amsterdam. NFW!

Like many have said; album was in the can. Touring had some obstacles. Muscles were pumped and ready to go. COVID fucked up.

If something comes out from this tweet it will be 1 of the 3 things Mutt suggested.
    •  
    • Jul 23rd 2020

What would be the point of shooting a video for a song that already has 2 videos? It's not like that it's gonna be any better than the one from 86.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Posted By: RoccoWhat would be the point of shooting a video for a song that already has 2 videos? It's not like that it's gonna be any better than the one from 86.

Maybe they rerecorded the song
    The one from 86 is too sexy (sexist) for this day and age so they had
    make a new version maybe?
    Posted By: ThankassNah, sitting for a month in a studio in Vancouver2 years ago, to work on a new version of YSMANL which is to be released 2 years later and for which a clip was made in Amsterdam. NFW!

Why would it be only that?

The original BIB videos were also filmed in Netherlands. Hmm....
    •  
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Posted By: benji
    Posted By: RoccoWhat would be the point of shooting a video for a song that already has 2 videos? It's not like that it's gonna be any better than the one from 86.

Maybe they rerecorded the song

That would be even more pointless.
    •  
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Posted By: CliffFINmark2The one from 86 is too sexy (sexist) for this day and age so they had

Sure.
    •  
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Posted By: matirocker
    Posted By: ThankassNah, sitting for a month in a studio in Vancouver2 years ago, to work on a new version of YSMANL which is to be released 2 years later and for which a clip was made in Amsterdam. NFW!

What would at all be the point in re-recording or refilming BIB stuff?

Knowing Angus, they probably even don't know it is an anniversary year and they probably don't give a fuck either.

Vancouver was done to make a new album not material for a BIB anniversary.
    •  
    • Jul 23rd 2020

Posted By: Rocco
    Posted By: CliffFINmark2The one from 86 is too sexy (sexist) for this day and age so they had

Sure.
    I would say, change the black mini skirt into a face mask.
    • AC/DC rock music: NYC
    • Jul 23rd 2020

They just posted the live in Tokyo version on their social media yesterday. Odd.
    Posted By: Thankass
    Posted By: matirocker

What would at all be the point in re-recording or refilming BIB stuff?

Knowing Angus, they probably even don't know it is an anniversary year and they probably don't give a fuck either.

Vancouver was done to make a new album not material for a BIB anniversary.

You underestimate Angus I think.

And again, who's saying that's all they did in Vancouver? They could have done many things
    • AC/DC rock music: BillyBob
    • Jul 23rd 2020

It could literally be what she says it is. A new, *HD* version of the video (1980 or 1986?). The originals obviously weren't. So, maybe they cleaned one up and are letting her debut it.

Why her? I'd like to know who her parent's, aunts, uncles etc are. Somebody at Sony probably.