[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: Kamikaze
    • Dec 28th 2019

Hi, need some help.

What is a fair price for the following Vinyls:

AC/DC vs. Foreigner Japan Promo
    Blow up ypur Video from Venezuela
    2 originals of (Dirty Deeds... and High Voltage) from South Africa

And how can i be sure they are originals?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Dec 28th 2019

It’s been a while since this question came up. I’d say:

~$300 for the AC/DC / Foreigner LP - the LP needs to have a clear rim to be legit, not black
    BUYV Venezuela - about the same, not seen any fakes of this so you’re fairly safe. Anyone else have a view on this?
    2 originals of ... there are 2 versions (distinguishable by the sticker), which one are you looking at?
    • Dec 28th 2019 edited

Its the one with the Yelow/Black print "2 originals of..."
    As far as i know this is not the 1st press.....

Oh, and what do you mean with Clear rim?
    Hi,

Not trying to hijack your topic, but how do you know all this.
    Just out of curiousity. Is there a site, or listing somewhere where you can find these details?

Posted By: bonlivesIt’s been a while since this question came up. I’d say:

~$300 for the AC/DC / Foreigner LP - the LP needs to have a clear rim to be legit, not black
    BUYV Venezuela - about the same, not seen any fakes of this so you’re fairly safe. Anyone else have a view on this?
    2 originals of ... there are 2 versions (distinguishable by the sticker), which one are you looking at?
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Dec 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: ac/dennisHi,

Not trying to hijack your topic, but how do you know all this.
    Just out of curiousity. Is there a site, or listing somewhere where you can find these details?

Posted By: bonlivesIt’s been a while since this question came up. I’d say:

I’d say the knowledge comes from years of collecting.
    One question though Bonlives, are you confusing the “AC/DC Vs Foreigner” with the “Japan Tour 81” promo when you mention the clear rim? Isn’t the “AC/DC Vs Foreigner” promo only available on black vinyl?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Dec 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: KamikazeHi, need some help.

What is a fair price for the following Vinyls:

AC/DC vs. Foreigner Japan Promo
    Blow up ypur Video from Venezuela
    2 originals of (Dirty Deeds... and High Voltage) from South Africa

And how can i be sure they are originals?

I sold my clear rim copy of AC/DC vs Foreigner for $175 US on eBay. A little disappointing as it was mint and I thought it would go higher. This was 2017 I think, maybe 2018. Man, time goes fast.
    https://www.discogs....

2 Originals Of went for $176. It had some wear.

Be aware that there is a "Double Dynamite" version of 2 Originals. It is worth more. That one I sold for $709 US
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2019

Posted By: ac/dennisJust out of curiousity. Is there a site, or listing somewhere where you can find these details?

Discogs is not the be all end all, but it's got a lot of good detailed info. I've helped update some of the AC/DC listings. There used to be some good websites and even a collector CD-Rom that was great, but they are all gone.

• Dec 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: Inferno

I sold my clear rim copy of AC/DC vs Foreigner for $175 US on eBay. A little disappointing as it was mint and I thought it would go higher. This was 2017 I think, maybe 2018. Man, time goes fast.

This is not the AC/DC vs. Foreigner i think.....
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: Kamikaze

This is not the AC/DC vs. Foreigner i think.....

Oh crap, you are right. I was mixed up by him saying clear rim. Sorry.

The clear rim is the Japan Tour disc ($175). The AC/DC vs. Foreigner (which is just black vinyl) went for $86. It's fairly common.
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2019 edited

Good old days:

• Dec 28th 2019

Hey Inferno,

how old is this CD-Rom?
    Posted By: ac/dennisJust out of curiousity. Is there a site, or listing somewhere where you can find these details?

Discogs is not the be all end all, but it's got a lot of good detailed info. I've helped update some of the AC/DC listings. There used to be some good websites and even a collector CD-Rom that was great, but they are all gone.

Thanks Inferno
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2019

Posted By: KamikazeHey Inferno,

how old is this CD-Rom?

No date on it and I can't remember exactly, but it has to be between 1995 and 1998 since they mention the Windows 95 operating system.
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: GoulashOne question though Bonlives, are you confusing the “AC/DC Vs Foreigner” with the “Japan Tour 81” promo when you mention the clear rim? Isn’t the “AC/DC Vs Foreigner” promo only available on black vinyl?
    Ah yes, you are indeed correct - I’ve mixed the two recordings :) (and got Inferno in the process) - sorry!

The AC/DC / Foreigner LP is more common as Inferno says and that has definitely been bootlegged. I’d say a strong indicator of a copy being a bootleg (without being able to hold it in your hands) is condition of the sleeve - the originals are from 1982 so they’d likely be in vintage condition, whereas newer bootlegs would be crisper looking. From memory there’s a slight colour variation on the sleeves two, but hard to pick on computer screens.
    That CD Rom isn’t worth bothering with.

It’s poor.
    •  
    • Dec 29th 2019

Posted By: Overdose69That CD Rom isn’t worth bothering with.

It’s poor.

I used it for reference quite a bit back when it first came out. It certainly needed updating at some point, but a solid first effort if you ask me.
    I have a boot copy of the Japanese promo Foreigner/AC/DC on yellow vinyl. Still looking for an original but it’s not high on my list tbh.
    • Jan 10th 2020 edited

Thanks so far to all.

I have another Question:

How much is an Australien Vol. 2 Box-Set worth?
    Its complete with Poster and Sticker and in a good shape.
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2020

Are you referring to this boxset?
    • Jan 14th 2020

Yes, this is the Set
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2020

From memory I picked mine up for about $70AUD about 15 years ago, and inside was the Aussie Alberts single of Love At First Feel / Problem Child, which alone, back then was worth around $150.

I’d say the boxset would sell for around $200AUD these days - don’t see them too often. What I’ve noticed is that a lot of those boxsets, especially AC/DC Vol 1, have been broken up and the LPs sold individually, judging by a spate of sales for just the empty boxes.
    • Jan 14th 2020

Thanks a lot.

How big is your AC/DC Vinyl Collection?
    And what you collect, only official Releases or Bootlegs too?
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2020 edited

Count wise, it’s fairly modest compared to some of the numbers I reckon some others here can lay claim to. At a guess I’d say around 200 "things", the majority being LPs and singles, the balance being all manner of stuff - rare CDs, boxsets in different formats, vintage tour tees, signed programmes, a few rare bootlegs

There was a time I collected without a real focus, but never shit stuff - shit to me being bar stools, flip flops, ash trays etc. I’ve never, thank fuck, felt compelled to buy stuff simply because it has an AC/DC logo. Several years ago I narrowed my focus to official Australian LPs and singles - there are enough label and pressing variations within that area to keep me entertained. Occasionally I’ll buy a rare piece outside that narrow focus.
    • Jan 14th 2020

I collect only official releases, focus on LPs. Have some 12" and 7" too. And of course some CD`s or things like the Backtracks Amp.
    Other things i like are AC/DC Figures and Miniature Guitars.

Australian LPs i have a few, unfortunaly most of them are reissues

Are you on Discogs?
    • AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Jan 15th 2020

Well I am on Discogs - happy to link to anyone on here - my username there is also nimeta.

We should maybe think about a Discogs sticky with hinges and ideas on how to use it best I have struggled with it at times, but its still my "go to" place for valuations and buying
    • Jan 15th 2020

My Name on Discogs is Kamikaze_666

Have not all my Vinyl listed, just started it........
    Discogs profile for TryioToast
    Shared from the Discogs App

All my vinyls so far. Only started collecting in august there so don't hate please :)