[ Sign In | Register ]

Since the forum is quite dead, I thought we might as well have a X-Mas laugh:

https://www.blabberm...
    • AC/DC rock music: SnakeEye
    • Dec 22nd 2019

What a joker.

Have you seen that recent version of Whole Lotta Rosie he did live on some show, oh yeah here is the link:

Absolute trash of the highest order, haha.

The playing is AWFUL as well as the tones.

CRIPES AS FUCK.
    I want to laugh but... he's such and insufferable douche:

1) Any musician (or wannabe) who is not making millions with his or her own band would jump through rings of fire over a pool of tiger sharks to play with one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all fucking time.
    2) No one of ANY importance — or within six degrees of anyone of importance — has ever mildly hinted, insinuated, speculated or even contemplated him rejoining a legendary band 40 years after he recorded a couple forgettable songs with said band.

Still, he is, as the song says, on a Mexican radio (listen to the Celtic Frost version of that song, btw).

Such a douche... But it's fucking Christmas so I'll wish him and his 10-inch headband well.
    And for the love of sweet fucking baby Jesus please STOP playing songs that were written, recorded, and performed years after you were summarily fired from that band.

I know he's hoping people under the age of 40 might infer that he was in the band when these songs were recorded. Unless he introduces these classics he has zero claim to with a disclaimer that sounds a lot like my first sentence in this post. Perhaps he does...
    So, he has no interest in returning due to Mal’s death?

Loss for words.

Maybe he saw that Rudd and Chris Slade returned and thought “maybe”

Has his name even been mentioned by anyone in the band, its management, or even the media since 1974? I’d be less surprised if a new version of the band included Paul Matters and Colin Burgess, and, yes, I had to go to wikipedia to actually remember their fucking names.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: acadacauk
    • Dec 23rd 2019

Im not a great guitar player. but oh my god, if i was the drummer, rhythm or bass player i would have been so embaressed to be on the same stage as him and dave as well. Dave usually does ok with what he does but that was hidious, apart from that what a great performance. lmfao
    What a fucking prick
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Dec 23rd 2019 edited

Dave Evans has stated on Twatter that he does not want to return to AC/DC, responding to what he claims are rumors about a possible comeback (or whatever you would call it).

How did this Twatter comment come about in the first place?

Evans has not been asked to sing for AC/DC nor do such rumors exist, maybe with the exception among a few very delusional minds, meaning that the comment is superfluous and has no connection whatsoever with what is going on in the real world.

...and Blabbermouth (could not have a name that is more suitable), cares to make a news article about it, desperately scraping advertising money.

What has the world come to?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Dec 23rd 2019

There's a brilliant documentary just begging to be made about the man. Some Kind of Monster meets Anvil via Spinal Tap.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Dec 23rd 2019 edited

• AC/DC rock music: AC77DC
    • Dec 23rd 2019

Total arsehole of a man .thank fuck they got rid of him.
    He has “no desire” yeah the feeling is mutual don’t worry
    Posted By: TreehornThere's a brilliant documentary just begging to be made about the man. Some Kind of Monster meets Anvil via Spinal Tap.

Hasslehoff be ideal to play him
    •  
    • Dec 23rd 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakDave Evans has stated on Twatter that he does not want to return to AC/DC, responding to what he claims are rumors about a possible comeback (or whatever you would call it).

How did this Twatter comment come about in the first place?

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinSo, he has no interest in returning due to Mal’s death?

Loss for words.

Has his name even been mentioned by anyone in the band, its management, or even the media since 1974? I’d be less surprised if a new version of the band included Paul Matters and Colin Burgess, and, yes, I had to go to wikipedia to actually remember their fucking names.

Dave has been mentioned by the band. From an interview in Classic Rock Magazine from 2003:

At your gig last night I was handed a flyer for a Berlin show by Dave Evans; no relation to Mark Evans], AC/DC’s original singer, and his backing group, the German tribute band Overdose. Are you still in contact with Dave?

Angus [sounding slightly irritated]: How many bands has he fuckin’ got?

Malcolm: Every time we go back to Australia there’s something in the local paper about, ‘I made the band AC/DC into what they are’ [cackles dryly]. The day we fuckin’ got rid of him, that’s the day the band started. How we got rid of him is quite a good story. We were playing at this pub in Melbourne.

Dave was almost like Gary Glitter in the gear he’d insist on wearing. It was ridiculous. All these hard-nosed, beer-drinking Aussies were after him, so we told him to go for a walk for ten minutes and we’d play a boogie number. But it went on for half an hour and the place was rockin’. After that we realised that we didn’t need a singer.

Angus: No, we realised we didn’t need that singer! Actually, to call him a singer is being a bit polite.

It’s interesting to hear you tell the story that way, because according to some versions Dave left the band due to being stage-struck, and Bon Scott, at that time the band’s chauffeur, was quick to fill the gap.

Malcolm: Nah, that’s bullshit. Bon was driving us around at the time, and he was forever telling us to get rid of our singer because he was crap. He kept saying that he would love a crack at it himself – this was when he was oiled. One day we mentioned it to him but he wasn’t keen any more. So he went back to painting ships. We get to Melbourne, and the phone rings and it’s [in slurred, belligerent tones]: “Mal, I’m on me fuckin’ way. I’m sick of painting ships.”

Evans had been screwing this chick that the drummer at the time fancied, so he woke him up at five in the morning and smashed Dave in the face. Gave him a fucking good beating, he did. The next day Dave came to us to complain and we told him: “You haven’t got a job any more.” But it was Bon that called the shots on that one. He said: “I want in.”

Source:

https://www.louderso...
    Jesus Christ don't know what to cringe harder over, that "solo" in Rosie or those..."vocals".

Keep dreaming Dave.
    Someone stop this clown...please!
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Dec 23rd 2019

An absolute ass-clown of the highest order.
    • AC/DC rock music: Kamikaze
    • Dec 23rd 2019

Everey fucking Cover-Band i saw does it better!
    What an asshole.........
    I find it interesting that Malcolm says the drummer kicked his shit in, yet Dave said Malcolm was the jealous one.

If Malcolm is covering up him beating Dave’s ass, that is fucking hilarious.
    Posted By: outofbounds
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinSo, he has no interest in returning due to Mal’s death?

Loss for words.

Dave has been mentioned by the band. From an interview in Classic Rock Magazine from 2003:

At your gig last night I was handed a flyer for a Berlin show by Dave Evans; no relation to Mark Evans], AC/DC’s original singer, and his backing group, the German tribute band Overdose. Are you still in contact with Dave?

Angus [sounding slightly irritated]: How many bands has he fuckin’ got?

Malcolm: Every time we go back to Australia there’s something in the local paper about, ‘I made the band AC/DC into what they are’ [cackles dryly]. The day we fuckin’ got rid of him, that’s the day the band started. How we got rid of him is quite a good story. We were playing at this pub in Melbourne.

Dave was almost like Gary Glitter in the gear he’d insist on wearing. It was ridiculous. All these hard-nosed, beer-drinking Aussies were after him, so we told him to go for a walk for ten minutes and we’d play a boogie number. But it went on for half an hour and the place was rockin’. After that we realised that we didn’t need a singer.

Angus: No, we realised we didn’t need that singer! Actually, to call him a singer is being a bit polite.

It’s interesting to hear you tell the story that way, because according to some versions Dave left the band due to being stage-struck, and Bon Scott, at that time the band’s chauffeur, was quick to fill the gap.

Malcolm: Nah, that’s bullshit. Bon was driving us around at the time, and he was forever telling us to get rid of our singer because he was crap. He kept saying that he would love a crack at it himself – this was when he was oiled. One day we mentioned it to him but he wasn’t keen any more. So he went back to painting ships. We get to Melbourne, and the phone rings and it’s [in slurred, belligerent tones]: “Mal, I’m on me fuckin’ way. I’m sick of painting ships.”

Evans had been screwing this chick that the drummer at the time fancied, so he woke him up at five in the morning and smashed Dave in the face. Gave him a fucking good beating, he did. The next day Dave came to us to complain and we told him: “You haven’t got a job any more.” But it was Bon that called the shots on that one. He said: “I want in.”

Source:

Yet my point remains - Kaitlyn Jenner will revert back to a male before Dave is asked back. The US government will admit the moon landing was faked before Dave is asked back. The band will start selling popsicles shaped (and flavored!) like Bon Scott’s dick before Dave is asked back.
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI want to laugh but... he's such and insufferable douche:

1) Any musician (or wannabe) who is not making millions with his or her own band would jump through rings of fire over a pool of tiger sharks to play with one of the greatest rock n roll bands of all fucking time.
    2) No one of ANY importance — or within six degrees of anyone of importance — has ever mildly hinted, insinuated, speculated or even contemplated him rejoining a legendary band 40 years after he recorded a couple forgettable songs with said band.

Still, he is, as the song says, on a Mexican radio (listen to the Celtic Frost version of that song, btw).

^ This!!
    And nice nod to Celtic Frost btw ;-)

Posted By: SnakeEyeWhat a joker.

Have you seen that recent version of Whole Lotta Rosie he did live on some show, oh yeah here is the link:

It's cringe-worthy! The backing band sound like a bunch of bad amateurs, like a high-school band or something. Also, I don't get how he can constantly talk such bullshit about Bon and the guys and go out and sing songs that were written after he was kicked out. It defies any logic and it's an embarassment to himself.
    The clip of him and that band is obviously a joke
    There's no way they didn't purposely play that solo that bad
    Had me going for a minute
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Dec 23rd 2019

Posted By: outofbounds

Some interesting comments on Mark Evans there as well. A nice read this interview.
    • AC/DC rock music: Pancake81
    • Dec 23rd 2019 edited

Fuck me! I would give them an failing grade for a cover band. He should be embarrassed to say he ever held a seat in the band. As for the playing, another wank solo on a fender.

Really bud, your Going to hold a candle to Angus with your wank solo on a fender while standing still beside Dave Evans...? I would decline the offer to even pull a lick off for the dude given a) his personality b) his capability c) all of the above
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Dec 24th 2019

As if Dave Evans would even be considered to rejoin AC/DC...
    Nah, he can play for the 20 or 30 fans that turn up to his gigs.
    Mostly, people would go out of curiosity, simply because of what he was once briefly attached to.
    That makes me want Axl back
    Fuck me I thought that was Tommy Cooper for a min

For those of you who are old enough to remember that is lol
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Dec 24th 2019

Posted By: MADAXEMANFuck me I thought that was Tommy Cooper for a min

For those of you who are old enough to remember that is lol

Did Tommy Cooper spring to mind “just like that”?
    Leave him alone. Yeah, he’s maybe deluded or a bit bitter but so what.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Dec 25th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandLeave him alone. Yeah, he’s maybe deluded or a bit bitter but so what.

This
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Dec 25th 2019

Posted By: tomscotlandLeave him alone.

Fuck up mate. Whether you like it or not, he was in AC/DC. I hope your day gets better.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BallToucher
    • Dec 27th 2019 edited

Oh, what the f***, here I go:

If ANY of you had been in the billionarie band AC/DC for one year and then kicked out, you'd be resentful over it. Right? Search your feelings, you know it's true.

Dave Evans is barely making a living playing his "bad ass" character role and his ex-AC/DC condition. So he gets a bit delusional, so what? He's not doing any harm. He knows coming back is beyond ridiculous, but he needs to make headlines on cheesy websites once in a while and sell a couple hundred tickets for his shows. He's gotta eat. He can´t get an office job, FFS. Maybe he would if he could.

He exaggerates his contribution to the band, sure. But he's always respectful to Bon and the Youngs. Grow up and Cut him some slack.
    I went to one of his gigs back in 2012 or thereabouts, he did a full set of ‘DC covers with a tribute backing band and did a great job. He talked a bit about his tenure in the band in between songs and always came across as respectful and appreciative of the Youngs and his time spent with them.

He played a tiny stage with hardly more than a hundred punters present but still did his best, can’t fault him for that. I enjoyed his gig far more than Phil’s solo appearance to put it in perspective.
    •  
    • Dec 27th 2019 edited

Posted By: BallToucherOh, what the f***, here I go:

If ANY of you had been in the billionarie band AC/DC for one year and then kicked out, you'd be resentful over it. Right? Search your feelings, you know it's true.

Dave Evans is barely making a living playing his "bad ass" character role and his ex-AC/DC condition. So he gets a bit delusional, so what? He's not doing any harm. He knows coming back is beyond ridiculous, but he needs to make headlines on cheesy websites once in a while and sell a couple hundred tickets for his shows. He's gotta eat. He can´t get an office job, FFS. Maybe he would if he could.

He exaggerates his contribution to the band, sure. But he's always respectful to Bon and the Youngs. Grow up and Cut him some slack.
    If you really want to be respectful, put your own role in the right perspective. He could take Simon and Mark as an example; Much more humble guys in a sincere way, although they had a much bigger role in ac/dc's history than Dave.
    Yes, as I see it, he would be more respected if he was a humble person, showing some humility and concentrating on the music in the first place.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Dec 27th 2019

Posted By: MeanstreakYes, as I see it, he would be more respected if he was a humble person, showing some humility and concentrating on the music in the first place.

I have to say that when I read Mark Evans' auto-bio, it put a bit of a dent in my perception of him as being humble about his time in the band because he seemed to think that a factor in the Youngs' growing dislike of him, and therefore his eventual sacking, was that he got more girls than they did. Not that this puts him on Dave Evans' level of braggery, but just something that came to mind.

With Dave, I feel like if he were humble about his time with AC/DC he wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about in interviews. What else does Dave have to talk about that readers of rock publications or websites want to know? Basically nothing. Also, to my mind, the words 'Rock singer' and 'Humble'/'Humility' aren't heard together too often. These types of people tend to have big egos, leading to an overstatement of their accomplishments. But beyond that, and most probably more important, Dave obviously knows that putting a few words in about AC/DC now and then keeps his visibility a little higher. Does this translate into better box office receipts. Doubt anyone has run the numbers on that, but I doubt it hurts him any either.
    Posted By: Briany
    Posted By: MeanstreakYes, as I see it, he would be more respected if he was a humble person, showing some humility and concentrating on the music in the first place.

I have to say that when I read Mark Evans' auto-bio, it put a bit of a dent in my perception of him as being humble about his time in the band because he seemed to think that a factor in the Youngs' growing dislike of him, and therefore his eventual sacking, was that he got more girls than they did. Not that this puts him on Dave Evans' level of braggery, but just something that came to mind
    I’m not really too impressed with any from back in the old days, Mal & Angus seemed a bit cowardly in they way they cooked up a reason to give ‘ol Mark the arse. Angus didn’t even have the balls to be present when Mark was given the word. Mal was also the driving force behind the purge in the early eighties when the band hit a rough spot, rather than takin’ resposibility for the decline, he’d seek to blame others.
    Sorry, but the argument "what else is he gonna do? Get an office job?" doesn't fly with me.

What else is the mass of men and women who were never musicians going to do as they live their lives and age. Ok, so maybe he put rock ahead of school (many successful musicians still have educations or trades training) but that's no excuse to never be trained or educated after the rock n roll well went dry (which, by the sounds of it here, was a long, long time ago).

I don't begrudge him for talking about AC/DC and his brief stint in the band but I don't like how he does it. Others are free to support him; he's free to do it; and I'm free to not like it and voice that opinion.
    Posted By: Briany

I have to say that when I read Mark Evans' auto-bio, it put a bit of a dent in my perception of him as being humble about his time in the band because he seemed to think that a factor in the Youngs' growing dislike of him, and therefore his eventual sacking, was that he got more girls than they did. Not that this puts him on Dave Evans' level of braggery, but just something that came to mind.

With Dave, I feel like if he were humble about his time with AC/DC he wouldn't have a whole lot to talk about in interviews. What else does Dave have to talk about that readers of rock publications or websites want to know? Basically nothing. Also, to my mind, the words 'Rock singer' and 'Humble'/'Humility' aren't heard together too often. These types of people tend to have big egos, leading to an overstatement of their accomplishments. But beyond that, and most probably more important, Dave obviously knows that putting a few words in about AC/DC now and then keeps his visibility a little higher. Does this translate into better box office receipts. Doubt anyone has run the numbers on that, but I doubt it hurts him any either.

Yeah, ok, I see your point, as well.

Dave Evans is free to do whatever he wants and he's gotta' live, but I fail to see that his approach works to his advantage. He obviously irritates many AC/DC fans. I have no vested interest in this. I usually don't comment him and I don't really care. My comments in this thread is just a reaction to statements I find lacking in sincerity. To be a singer of a band you don't have to make comments in that vein and it seems to me that many good singers are quite humble despite having the egos of being singers.
    Posted By: BallToucherOh, what the f***, here I go:

PRECISELY.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BallToucher
    • Dec 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoSorry, but the argument "what else is he gonna do? Get an office job?" doesn't fly with me.

If you mean what I said, I wrote:

"He's gotta eat. He can´t get an office job, FFS. Maybe he would if he could."

Quite different, ain't it.

Posted By: ThankassIf you really want to be respectful, put your own role in the right perspective. He could take Simon and Mark as an example

Yes, Simon and Mark are cooler. But Dave isn´t Simon and Mark, people tend to be different from each other. Dave Evans can´t be judged for not being the way you'd like him to be. Not fair.

As said before, to make a living out of music, Evans needs to keep talking about AC/DC if he wants to keep being whatever little relevant he is nowadays. Even if he'd never mention the band again, he would get asked anyway. It's actually very sad. You guys should feel bad for the poor guy.
    •  
    • Dec 28th 2019 edited

I just don't like people exaggerating their role and being cocky about it in a way that my balls are starting to itch.
    That is in any context by the way but if it is in the context of ac/dc it annoys me even more. Literally every sentence has an underlying message of trying to convince people that he wasn't just a footnote. I'm a bit allergic for such behaviour. My bad.

I'm judging Dave only on that aspect btw. He could be a nice guy in his private life and good for his mom, all fine.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Dec 28th 2019

Forum of saints...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Dec 31st 2019

Listening to that Dave Evans cover makes you appreciate just how good of a live band AC/DC are.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: FreoBoy
    • Dec 31st 2019 edited

Dave Evans is a parasite of the highest order.... An absolute Wanker.
    Posted By: FreoBoyDave Evans is a parasite of the highest order.... An absolute Wanker.

That’s way, way too harsh dude. Fuck sake.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: FreoBoy
    • Jan 2nd 2020

Posted By: tomscotland
    Posted By: FreoBoyDave Evans is a parasite of the highest order.... An absolute Wanker.

Damn, that was me holding back...
    Posted By: FreoBoy
    Posted By: tomscotland

Damn, that was me holding back...

I think it’s fair to say a lot of people probably share your dislike of Dave. I’m not a fan of his voice or image, and certainly not his badass persona, but he’s received no recognition from AC/DC whatsoever, and that obviously annoys him. Wether or not that is justified is a moot point.
    He may be deluded over his importance in history but nevertheless it’s there, on record. Pete Best didn’t even make it onto the Beatles first single, but he’s not completely airbrushed out of history like Dave Evans.