[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: DrBelfordThat sounds about right:) I think the real time span is generously estimated between 2-4 years ever since TRE. Whether this says something about the quality is another matter;)

We could suppose that Angus got some divine inspiration and managed to cram his creativity into a shorter period of time, and the result being that they come out with this later-era belter that has Malcolm smiling down from on high. That'd be the movie ending of AC/DC, and we can hope that's how it would go, but life doesn't always work out like a movie. The album could just be average, and divide fans here just as pretty much everything they've done has since 1983.

Ultimately, even if there is no new album, RoB wasn't a bad note to go out on. And not to forget that Angus said he played the record for Malcolm and Malcolm approved, so that's good enough for me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Jun 25th 2019

Posted By: BrianyUltimately, even if there is no new album, RoB wasn't a bad note to go out on. And not to forget that Angus said he played the record for Malcolm and Malcolm approved, so that's good enough for me.

Agreed:)

Posted By: BrianyThe album could ... divide fans here just as pretty much everything they've done has since 1983.

It will:) (If it's ever released)

Posted By: BrianyWe could suppose that Angus got some divine inspiration and managed to cram his creativity into a shorter period of time

How much actual time was ever invested in any album is pure speculation. Sure, making a great album takes its time, it's not done in a few months...but 2 years is not that unrealistic at all.
    Is it outlandish to claim that they may have actually worked on material while they were on the road during the RoB tour?

Also, I feel like things were more complicated during the years leading up to the RoB recordings given the whole Mal situation and uncertainty surrounding that, which perhaps may have prompted a longer break.
    I remember why Fly was touted as “the first new acdc album in two years”!
    • AC/DC rock music: Kman34
    • Jun 25th 2019

I think Malcom’s death may have sped up the process.... A final tribute to him...
    Posted By: Kman34I think Malcom’s death may have sped up the process.... A final tribute to him...

Good point. I feel like that may have originally sped up the process but then stuff happened and they had to abandon their planned release date.
    Just talked with Susan Masino, AC/DCs Let There Be Rock Biography Book writer, she texted me:
    Hello Pedro, I don't have any details but I think they will be announcing a new album soon. We know it is recorded, it's just up to them to decide. So I will wait for them to announce it first, as I always do. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you loved my book. Hugs from Savannah, Susan.
    She's really close to Angus and i was hoping for something more " accurate" lol
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Gentox66
    • Jun 26th 2019

Posted By: Pedro HodeckerJust talked with Susan Masino, AC/DCs Let There Be Rock Biography Book writer, she texted me:
    Hello Pedro, I don't have any details but I think they will be announcing a new album soon. We know it is recorded, it's just up to them to decide. So I will wait for them to announce it first, as I always do. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so happy to hear that you loved my book. Hugs from Savannah, Susan.

Brace for impact guys...
    Posted By: Gentox66
    Posted By: Pedro HodeckerJust talked with Susan Masino, AC/DCs Let There Be Rock Biography Book writer, she texted me:

Brace for impact guys...

I guess this is good news. But it really lacks anything substantial. For what it’s worth, it’s basically just a confirmation of what we already know. She’s guessing they will announce soon but we’ve been hearing the word “soon” since December of last year...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jun 26th 2019

The album was never the problem. It is the tour. And they won't release a new album before they have their tour plans sorted out.
    You guys are still fully missing the change of tone in Jems body language.

- Earlier: there is an issue that needs to be solved, dont know if it will get sorted
    - Now: there is no issue why the album could not be released. This year possible.

That is huge. I mean Dolly Partons rack kinda huge!

Brace for Impact....indeed. that would be a great title, better than Lube the Tube
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: edu
    • Jun 26th 2019 edited

Here we go

The announcement is IMMINENT
    •  
    • Jun 26th 2019

Lol, this thread is a bit bi-polar. Not knocking anyone for getting excited, but there doesn't seem to be much middle ground between saying the album will never come, to practically booking hotels before a tour is even announced.
    Getting more confident that we will hear music this year!
    Posted By: BrianyLol, this thread is a bit bi-polar. Not knocking anyone for getting excited, but there doesn't seem to be much middle ground between saying the album will never come, to practically booking hotels before a tour is even announced.

But I want to start booking!!!
    Sounds like she knows as much as I do at this point.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Jun 26th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2You guys are still fully missing the change of tone in Jems body language.

- Earlier: there is an issue that needs to be solved, dont know if it will get sorted
    - Now: there is no issue why the album could not be released. This year possible.

Totally get Jem's almost subliminal way of saying it.
    Sounds promising. Maybe something will happen soon. In my opinion, Black Ice was a really good album. It does have a few fillers, but some pretty solid songs as well. ROB isn’t bad either. What hurt it to me was the situation with Phil soon after the release, and then all the chaos about who was going to be the drummer, followed by (IMO) the letdown that it was going to be Slade again. Not to mention the shit with Brian later on.
    • AC/DC rock music: rideon77
    • Jun 26th 2019

She sounds Like She knows as much as we know. Don't hold your breath
    • AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Jun 26th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2You guys are still fully missing the change of tone in Jems body language.

That is huge. I mean Dolly Partons rack kinda huge!

Brace for Impact....indeed. that would be a great title, better than Lube the Tube

Do you brace for impact before you buy the plane ticket?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Belford74
    • Jun 26th 2019

I see that Slash just tweeted a photo of Angus.... things are about to kick off.... (crosses fingers and toes) :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jun 26th 2019

*opens can of scrumpy*
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jun 26th 2019

Posted By: DustDevil*opens can of scrumpy*

*orders large glass of Malbec in the boozer*

(portion of chips on its way as well)
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Jun 26th 2019

Even the pigeons are getting excited !

In the meantime with no news from our favorite band, there are some laughs to be had in this video:
    Posted By: Belford74I see that Slash just tweeted a photo of Angus.... things are about to kick off.... (crosses fingers and toes) :)
    All the other photos of Angus he posted weren't indicators?
    Just linking this for a laugh

"AC/DC New Studio Photos Revealed, Is Axl Rose In?"

https://www.alternati...
    •  
    • Jun 27th 2019 edited

Posted By: carolinareaperJust linking this for a laugh

The scary thing is that this Brett Buchanan guy might actually have a paying job in typing out this kind of quality journalism.
    •  
    • Jun 27th 2019

^True XD

There are tabloids in Germany still writing about the alleged wedding gig, obviously without any fact checking. So this "kind of quality journalism" is not constrained to the internet;)
    Brett Buchanan what a fucking idiot
    •  
    • Jun 27th 2019

Posted By: ianbigmacBrett Buchanan what a fucking idiot

Brett Buchanan sounds like a cowboy. In both senses of the word.
    Sinceramente , O album deve estar pronto e eles devem estar resolvendo datas da turne. o Ultimo album foi em 2014 , intervalo medio de 6-8 anos de cada album , então no meu ver eles Irão lançar esse album no fim desse ano e sair em turne ano que vem , ou lançar ano que vem (2020) e sair em turne no final do mesmo.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jun 27th 2019

Posted By: Bruno PasettoSinceramente , O album deve estar pronto e eles devem estar resolvendo datas da turne. o Ultimo album foi em 2014 , intervalo medio de 6-8 anos de cada album , então no meu ver eles Irão lançar esse album no fim desse ano e sair em turne ano que vem , ou lançar ano que vem (2020) e sair em turne no final do mesmo.

Eles não estão ficando mais jovens.
    • AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Jun 28th 2019 edited

Posted By: carolinareaperJust linking this for a laugh

This is why I always copy and paste the article in here along with the link. I’d hate to give those assholes anymore clicks than necessary. I would have failed 7th grade journalism had I written shit like this.
    • AC/DC rock music: fdevil
    • Jun 28th 2019

http://www.byzegut.f...

Francis ZEGUT is a reliable source...
    •  
    • Jun 28th 2019 edited

More rumours/speculation?

https://hey-alex.fr/...
    I will now only comment in the style of Brick Top
    •