[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Apr 3rd 2019

I aint an expert and have no particular insight into things, but given that as I understand it most of the money these days is made from touring and merch sales related to the tours, its completely logical if Angus is happy to wait 1, 2, 3 whatever years to link the album to some sort of tour, whether with Brian, Cliff, Axl, Chris, Phil ...whoever.

Whatever scenario the Album sales will be the somewhat higher if linked to a tour, but just late. Without the tour, slightly lower, but revenue now. No big deal to him if the smaller component of the overall revenue is delayed a little in order to get a more optimal total revenue figure.

An album in 2019 followed by a tour in, say, 2021, just is completely illogical. Depending on the issues that have arisen (and I have no inside info on this) we may be looking at these kinda timescales.

Which is why Jem's advice so many months remains the very best advice. SFC :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Apr 3rd 2019

42, how's your French? That site has a Brian Johnson thread that's 74 pages long! : )

http://www.highwayto...
    Posted By: nimetaI aint an expert and have no particular insight into things, but given that as I understand it most of the money these days is made from touring and merch sales related to the tours, its completely logical if Angus is happy to wait 1, 2, 3 whatever years to link the album to some sort of tour, whether with Brian, Cliff, Axl, Chris, Phil ...whoever.

Whatever scenario the Album sales will be the somewhat higher if linked to a tour, but just late. Without the tour, slightly lower, but revenue now. No big deal to him if the smaller component of the overall revenue is delayed a little in order to get a more optimal total revenue figure.

An album in 2019 followed by a tour in, say, 2021, just is completely illogical. Depending on the issues that have arisen (and I have no inside info on this) we may be looking at these kinda timescales.

Which is why Jem's advice so many months remains the very best advice. SFC :)
    More optimal revenue figure for who ? It's not like Angus is on the bones of his arse is he ?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Apr 3rd 2019

Guess there are more people than Angus around Ac/Dc that are depending on wether or not Ac/Dc makes money. Hopefully it won't beat the time record(?) of Chinese Democracy.
    Sony’s holding the album release until 2073 for their 100th anniversary to make big bucks
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Apr 3rd 2019

Posted By: Inferno42, how's your French? That site has a Brian Johnson thread that's 74 pages long! : )

Someone translate 74 pages for me please! Rofl
    •  
    • Apr 3rd 2019

Posted By: 42_39_56
    Posted By: Inferno42, how's your French? That site has a Brian Johnson thread that's 74 pages long! : )

https://translate.go...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • Apr 3rd 2019

Posted By: Inferno

Brilliant. Will report back in 11 hours!
    •  
    • Apr 3rd 2019 edited

Posted By: Inferno

Brilliant. Will report back in 11 hours!

This got me thinking, there must be something that translates a web page (since even my phone camera can translate all of words it is pointing at). Sure as shit there is! Amazing!

http://itools.com/to...
    • AC/DC rock music: Drew1999
    • Apr 3rd 2019

I use Chrome, and if you right click on the page to translate, it brings up a menu and one of the options is translate this page. Quick and really easy. Don't know if it works in other browsers.
    I think the stones' misfortune will not change the ac / dc schedule. (Fortunately, by the way .. !!) After that it does not come out at the moment, it is that it is surely planned like that by Angus. Anyway they can release an album without turning and filming without a new album ...
    • AC/DC rock music: Morty84
    • Apr 3rd 2019

^Come again? I’ve had a bourbon or two
    Lol, it’s google translate, not my finest work.
    Speaking of the Stones, Ozzy just got injured... for the third fucking time this year (remember the hand infection?). He just pushed back I believe all of his tour dates to 2020.
    If Ozzy can get insured......
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Apr 4th 2019

I really hope they reappear. I was just watching some of that 2015 multicam video, great stuff... Even on the very last song, Angus is running about playing the solo well, and Brian doesn't even seem tired, he looks like he's enjoying himself, hitting notes... Great effort... A few more gigs...with Rudd...PLEASE!

Don’t The Stones and AC/DC share certain elements of the touring set-up? I’m sure I was told this was a reason for going out together in 2003.
    And the stones are on the road now, right? (Well, they are meant to be, right?)
    Fantastic Let There Be Rock on that video 900 posted above. Brian has gained a lot of "character" to his voice, for sure. Chris Slade also fantastic, yes, sue me.
    Here is a video to calm your nerves and not think about current AC/DC situation that much.

This cat is better

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Apr 5th 2019

Posted By: BallToucherFantastic Let There Be Rock on that video 900 posted above. Brian has gained a lot of "character" to his voice, for sure. Chris Slade also fantastic, yes, sue me.

Live, that was the worst LTBR I have ever heard. The rhythm was shuffling all over the place and absolutely ruined the song. Rosie was unfuckingbelievable mind you.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Apr 5th 2019

Posted By: JemLive, that was the worst LTBR I have ever heard. The rhythm was shuffling all over the place and absolutely ruined the song. Rosie was unfuckingbelievable mind you.

But Rosie was shuffling about all over the place too? I actually laughed while listening at work earlier, it's like a totally new version of the song!
    R.I.P
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DrBelford
    • Apr 5th 2019

Posted By: WholelottatobeR.I.P

???

Your Right. Gotta end on a high. Some of that is not good
    • Apr 5th 2019

A little better
    The best live version of LTBR is definitely the master recording....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Apr 5th 2019

that version of LTBR from No Bull has some fuckn legs and kicks like a beast.....not sure about the extended lead where angus does not much, but the main body sounds awesome!!!
    Ah, the infamous shuffling! I don´t mind it, but I can understand some people being so distracted by it as to ruin the songs for them. Life is tough, very tough.

I was mostly referring to Brian Johnson and his great delivery, anyway.
    Always liked Munich LTBR
    • AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Apr 7th 2019 edited

If they tour I just hope Angus doesn’t wear those floppy granny shorts.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Apr 8th 2019

I don't give a fuck what shorts he wears, as long as it happens.
    Posted By: BrennaBIf they tour I just hope Angus doesn’t wear those floppy granny shorts.

Agree 100%. They looked fucking ridiculous
    I see that you guys have set your priorities in order!
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Apr 8th 2019

That Berlin video makes me sad. It’s no wonder Cliff said fuck it, I’m going fishing. If the boys do indeed come back they had better go out on a much higher note than the ROB tour in general.
    Posted By: MeanstreakI see that you guys have set your priorities in order!

Angus Young is the thing legends are made of. I dont want him looking ridiculous. A parody of his former self. BI album photo if your not sure what I'm talking about. That's all I am referring to. He is a fucking legend and should go out looking like one
    Posted By: FLACDCThat Berlin video makes me sad. It’s no wonder Cliff said fuck it, I’m going fishing. If the boys do indeed come back they had better go out on a much higher note than the ROB tour in general.

I know what you mean. I thought the ROB shows with Brian were fine at the time, as in being there and in the moment. But non of them sound so good looking back. The whole rhythm section had lost it's groove.
    • Apr 8th 2019

The issue has to be related to some members not wanting to tour. Ozzy, The Stones, ZZ Top all run massive tours where insurance isn’t even a thought. Each of those bands have had plenty of health issues. But it’s hard to believe that a tour wasn’t discussed before or during the recording of this project.

Never really liked that song.

ACDC will come again. Have no fear.
    Maybe it's not insurance but rather the band members are not agreeing on the length and size of a tour. Brian & Cliff may want a smaller mini world tour where Angus and Phil may want to go the whole hog and do a full world tour so the band may be stuck on that disagreement. Of course I'm just speculating and I have no idea but just putting it out there as a possible reason for the delay...