• Jun 23rd 2018

Very sad.

Now he and Dime are back together.

RIP.
    • AC/DC rock music: FLACDC
    • Jun 23rd 2018

WTF...awful. Just visited the site of Dime’s murder last month. :(
    Damn. RIP Vinnie.
    I've since read he passed in his sleep. That's a damn young age to die that way. I don't think he lived a very healthy lifestyle based on media reports and photos, but perhaps I am wrong.

Stay healthy, people. Have fun, have some drinks if that's your thing, but take care of yourselves too. Many of us are at the age when our friends and heroes are beginning to go.
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoStay healthy, people. Have fun, have some drinks if that's your thing, but take care of yourselves too. Many of us are at the age when our friends and heroes are beginning to go.

No worries here. I'm 29, and I've never drank, smoked, taken any kind of drug (aside from some motion sickness tablets), and I mostly avoid artificial/heavily processed food. And I don't see myself changing these habits any time soon. :)
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Jun 24th 2018

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI've since read he passed in his sleep. That's a damn young age to die that way. I don't think he lived a very healthy lifestyle based on media reports and photos, but perhaps I am wrong.

Stay healthy, people. Have fun, have some drinks if that's your thing, but take care of yourselves too. Many of us are at the age when our friends and heroes are beginning to go.

Pantera used to carry around breathalysers at their aftershows to check you were drunk enough. Blow below the limit and you had to neck some whisky. They partied HARD.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jun 24th 2018 edited

Posted By: Ron
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI've since read he passed in his sleep. That's a damn young age to die that way. I don't think he lived a very healthy lifestyle based on media reports and photos, but perhaps I am wrong.

Pantera used to carry around breathalysers at their aftershows to check you were drunk enough. Blow below the limit and you had to neck some whisky. They partied HARD.

When Anthrax toured with Pantera, Pantera stipulated that Anthrax had to drink with them after every show. Scott Ian says he tossed so many shots of Black Tooth Grin over his shoulder when Dime wasn't looking, in order to save his liver.

Maybe they brought in the breathalyser test after they caught on to Ian's ruse.
    That kind of crazy drinking will exact a toll. And I bet Vinnie wasn't a health nut with food and exercise as well.

It's kinda amazing the outpouring of the greater music community that this is eliciting: Styx, Paul Stanley... guys that were far removed from Pantera's sound are commenting. His family would be proud, if they weren't grief stricken.
    Terrible news. RIP Vinnie
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Jun 28th 2018

Not a fan of Pantera but Vinnie was a nice guy and well loved by other metal/rock musicians. R.I.P. with your brother Dimebag.
    I love this track - one of the heaviest things I've ever heard: