[ Sign In | Register ]

• AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Apr 26th 2019

Gonna see a live filipino hard rock cover band in Dubai tonight. Gig starts 10pm finishes 3am. Tomorrow will be hell on earth lol
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: nimetaGonna see a live filipino hard rock cover band in Dubai tonight. Gig starts 10pm finishes 3am. Tomorrow will be hell on earth lol

Wow, do you live in Dubai?

Do you have to be cautious to appear sober when out of the venue / in public afterwards?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: 900I feel fucking terrible.

Went out in Kings Cross with one of my best mates and he told me he's separating from his wife, they've been together 18 years, really sad..

Tanned two large glasses of Sauvignon Blanc in a boozer, then over a pizza we panelled a bottle of Malbec, then another large house red.... then into another boozer where I tanned three or four glasses of Port.

Incidentally, it's amazing how many bar staff in London haven't a fucking clue what Port is. Over and over again I have to point to it on the bar shelves just for them to find it. And twice I've had hipster types too embarrassed to ask for advice from colleagues, and moronically giving me a whole wine glass of it (which was great of course!)

Thank fuck I can work from home today and chill-out while recovering.
    Ruby or Tawny? I like to have a good Ruby with some old Gouda cheese.
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: ThankassI like to have a good Ruby with some old Gouda cheese.

Lovely!

It was a Ruby. Graham's 10 year old one, very nice.

I've just had to take two Codeine though - can't shake off my headache.

Also very ashamed of myself for only eating half my pizza. Problem was, I was feeling a bit sick from slight illness, booze, and the starter... We had these very nice breadcrumbed garlic mushrooms which were in a bath of melted garlic butter. We kept dipping bread in there, so by the time the pizzas came I wasn't too hungry. Also forgot to ask if I could take the leftovers home, which most places cater for these days here. I could be enjoying that right now.

Got home mashed, grabbed some vegan ice-cream out of the freezer. Came down this morning and found I didn't close the fucking freezer door properly, so now I've got food I've got to somehow eat this weekend or throw out.
    •  
    • Apr 26th 2019

That is a good excuse to go out and have diner outdoors!
    Btw: ibuprofen kills all headaches. Don't go easy on the dosis ;)
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: Thankassibuprofen kills all headaches.

Cheers for the thought, but never works for me, that's why I took Codeine!
    Posted By: 900I feel fucking terrible.

Went out in Kings Cross with one of my best mates and he told me he's separating from his wife, they've been together 18 years, really sad..

Tanned two large glasses of Sauvignon Blanc in a boozer, then over a pizza we panelled a bottle of Malbec, then another large house red.... then into another boozer where I tanned three or four glasses of Port.

Incidentally, it's amazing how many bar staff in London haven't a fucking clue what Port is. Over and over again I have to point to it on the bar shelves just for them to find it. And twice I've had hipster types too embarrassed to ask for advice from colleagues, and moronically giving me a whole wine glass of it (which was great of course!)

Thank fuck I can work from home today and chill-out while recovering.

I fucking love port, but it was probably the source of your hangover
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: carlos fandangoI fucking love port, but it was probably the source of your hangover

Likely didn't help! I grabbed a half-bottle of Beaujolais on the way home, thank fuck I didn't down that as well, I feel bad enough as it is...
    Drinking Port caused my one and only booze blackout in my entire 50.9 years on this planet. Woke up in the shower in my hotel room fully clothed covered in the vomit the next morning with 5 minutes to get downstairs and do the exam I'd been prepping for for the whole week. I had no clue about what had happened the previous night or how I'd ended up there in the morning
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: carlos fandangoDrinking Port caused my one and only booze blackout in my entire 50.9 years on this planet. Woke up in the shower in my hotel room fully clothed covered in the vomit the next morning with 5 minutes to get downstairs and do the exam I'd been prepping for for the whole week. I had no clue about what had happened the previous night or how I'd ended up there in the morning

Sounds like it was a fun night :-D
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: carlos fandangoDrinking Port caused my one and only booze blackout in my entire 50.9 years on this planet. Woke up in the shower in my hotel room fully clothed covered in the vomit the next morning with 5 minutes to get downstairs and do the exam I'd been prepping for for the whole week. I had no clue about what had happened the previous night or how I'd ended up there in the morning

As Lemmy would have said: The night I can't remember and will never forget!
    • Apr 26th 2019

Quote function not working, but 900 asked...

Wow, do you live in Dubai?

Do you have to be cautious to appear sober when out of the venue / in public afterwards?

Yes I live in Dubai. Nothing at all to do with ACDC, but we call this place "Sin City". Anyone passing through should contact me. For lovers of hard rock, hard drinking and beautiful girls...this place is paradise !

One has to be careful in public, but really its not a big deal. Would many of you shag in public anyway???
    • Apr 26th 2019

Posted By: nimetaFor lovers of hard rock, hard drinking and beautiful girls...this place is paradise !

That sounds most agreeable, nimeta!

I don't know much about Dubai, but I worked with UAE on a project and have a friend there in the company, I was asking him about it one time when he visited London.
    Nimeta, Dubai, sounds interesting, not least the live event!
    • Apr 26th 2019

Dubai baby...

Its rough, loud, low budget, cheap. No cannons, no bells. But great fun.

And a pool table in the corner.

And you can smoke there (I don't...but these days such places are getting rarer and rarer)

We should have a meet up here.
    • Apr 26th 2019

I still feel fucked, even at 9.10pm. No booze tonight, looking forward to crashing out tbh.
    I gave it up years ago, two reasons
    1) it really started to make me tired and feeling bad already during drinking low amounts
    2) I have people in my family that have totally fucked up great lives by being addicted to alcohol

But I dont preach or judge and have great time with friends that choose to get wasted as they were the Rudder at his worst
    •  
    • Apr 27th 2019

Posted By: CliffFINmark2I gave it up years ago, two reasons
    1) it really started to make me tired and feeling bad already during drinking low amounts
    2) I have people in my family that have totally fucked up great lives by being addicted to alcohol

But I dont preach or judge and have great time with friends that choose to get wasted as they were the Rudder at his worst
    I know they are big drinkers in Finland. My cousin lives overthere and the stories i heard about family/birthday parties were amazing. Uncles and aunties totally wasted. It seemed like a normal standard. So, a brave thing to do as a Fin to give up drinking!
    • Apr 27th 2019

Recovering from my Dubai blow out last night. Lots of ACDC songs played, some live, some on the video between sets (HTH, TNT, IYWB, Jailbreak, STT, FTATR). Also Sabbath, Maiden, Twisted Sister, SOAD, Rammstein, Floyd, Queen and Megadeth. Was great fun, but head hurting now.

Regarding the posts above, booze in Finland is hugely expensive, so a good incentive also to stop.

I drink too much and now that I am past 50, the alcohol tends to wake me at about 4am or 5am, so its really becoming less healthy. I try and have "zero alcohol" nights and I have developed strategies to help me on this...for example I never really now drink at home, but on my dry nights I will try and have a little chocolate to help me relax. I have more or less psychologically trained myself that once I eat a little chocolate my body seems to have zero desire for alcohol. Drinking is great fun, especially either at a nice restaurant or at a music venue, but it can devastate lives. And I know I like drinking more than is good for me, so I need to be more careful than most I guess.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rickshaw1
    • Apr 27th 2019 edited

Was in Vegas last weekend with my wife. Always lots of booze going down. Felt awful in day 3. Had a free Buffett. Good for the hotel, as I basically ate nothing. Took awhile to get going but I bounced back to go semi aggressively on the last night.

Side note. I work for the government liquor store, see the awful affects of alcohol every day. I like to have a drink almost every day but when I don’t I’m absolutely fine with it. I could stop it anytime. But I enjoy a pint or two and it doesn’t control me like many. But being 53 I figure I’ve earned a right to have a glass or two without it becoming an addiction. I feel for people who are hooked though. Sad, like any addiction.
    • Apr 27th 2019

So many levels of alcohol addiction. I don't drink every day, more like 2-4 times per week, but I love wine and don't stock my wine rack anymore as I'll just go through it way too fast.

I try to have weeks where I lay off it unless I'm going out socially (or having a bite to eat on my own, which I also very much enjoy), but unfortunately when there's work stress, a few drinks sometimes appeals more than anything else.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Apr 27th 2019 edited

I like good beers and wine as well as getting a bit of a buzz. Still having hangovers once in a while, but that is basically poor drinking habits if you're in your 40s and above. So, yes, sometimes poor drinking habits that I'd rather overcome once and for all. They are either rather stress related, or occur when going out with a rather heavy drinker.
    They key is a glass of water per drink and 2 Tylenol before bed. Or Advil. Whichever one doesn’t toast your liver. Drinking water doesn’t stop you from getting drunk.

That said. I’ve never been good at following that advice. Lmao.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Apr 28th 2019

Posted By: SpellboundThey key is a glass of water per drink and 2 Tylenol before bed. Or Advil. Whichever one doesn’t toast your liver. Drinking water doesn’t stop you from getting drunk.

That said. I’ve never been good at following that advice. Lmao.

I never seem to remember to have some water between drinks. It always comes to mind in the mornings when I feel like an absolute shit.

But quite recently I did manage to remember, I drank a lot of water and had almost no hangover the next day, despite having drank almost a litre of Tanqueray gin.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • May 4th 2019

The BEER MONKEY has visited me over night. He has RUFFLED MY HAIR, STOLE MY MONEY and SHIT IN MY MOUTH.
    • May 5th 2019 edited

Ordered a curry with my lass last night, then today chilled-out in the Oval Tavern in Croydon, fantastic food, ludicrous levels of red wine (Malbec) and a brilliant jazz quartet.. Absolutely love live jazz when I'm mashed..

Edit: fuck, I'm hungover today.

Tanned another red in my local 'hood on the way home, now back home and might order a searingly hot curry..

FUCK 'EM!
    •  
    • Jun 20th 2019

I am writing this as i'm quite drunk.
    I miss the rock songs in the night when drinking with my Friends.

Just listenswd to RNRANP with my pal
    •  
    • Jun 20th 2019

Listening to the Ramones, pretty good fuck me
    •  
    • Jun 20th 2019

Shit, excuse me gents.

Haven't gotten this fucked up for a while.
    Hangovers? I am way past that. Can´t remember when i had my last one. Good sign?
    •  
    • Jun 21st 2019

Well then.

I apologise for my druken posts. Also I don't have a hangover for some miraculous reason.
    • Jun 21st 2019

I feel quite rough today. Yesterday I had a c**t of a headache which ruined my day, so in the evening I tanned a bottle of wine and some really great food from a pan-Asian place down the road.
    •  
    • Jul 17th 2021

Drank one beer too much and 0 water last night. Was a great woodstock-themed party though.
    I was so hungover (still am) I contemplated driving into the fields just to lie down.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jul 17th 2021

the bit where you are wretching and nothing comes out, then that little bit of Acid Bile starts rearing its ugly head, let the tast of battery acid begin, then a little later as you wretch, you fart and you also shit your kex.....
    Interesting night. I blacked out, got into a fight with roommate over music, and according to him, I shouted “Just let me listen to The Beatles! I don’t even like The Beatles!”
    •  
    • Jul 17th 2021

I have a hangover scheduled for tomorrow morning...
    •  
    • Jul 17th 2021 edited

^ Reminds me of a craft beer I had recently. An Estonian craft beer brewery Pihtla makes a triple IPA called "Viking's scream", it's 71 IBU and 10,5% vol. Good thing it's only a 33cl can, but it was a very good beer.

Have a look if interested: https://shop.pihtlap...
    •  
    • Jul 17th 2021

^How's it taste? I really like the can design, tempted to get some just for that!
    Dont really drink - maybe 11 months from the last drink. Seven month baby helps this hah, but never been a drinker really - have a difficult relationship with It as I have seen really closeones ruin their lives with It; horrible stuff.

But still of course good times if you dont have that kinda of an issue.

But I am really afraid that the next time if I choose to drink more than a few portions, I will have the hangover of a lifetime, ugh really De-motivates of trying
    • Jul 17th 2021

Good behaviour, lads!

I've been out to dinner, panelled lots of wine, let's see how I feel tomorrow....