[ Sign In | Register ]

I had a few last night, and this morning became a living hell. I don't think anyone with no experience of alcohol can even imagine this feeling...

By the way, have the boys ever written anything about hangover (straight or implying) on any song?

EDIT: Feel free to post whatever you feel like anytime!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 24th 2018

Posted By: AccaDaccaFan99

By the way, have the boys ever written anything about hangover (straight or implying) on any song?

I don't think about the hangover itself, but enough about the parties prior to it . Think : Carry Me home
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • May 24th 2018

Great post!

As a lifelong boozer, I relate to this. In fact I'm in the pub right now, working, on my second large glass of red. I'd likely get fired if they knew.

But I also keep fit and eat incredibly well, so I somehow survive....so far.

Fucking hate hangovers. In many ways it's more mental than physical....you can still go for a run, but you can't wipe out feelings of massive gloom and irritation.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 24th 2018 edited

•  
    • May 24th 2018 edited

I almost never have real hangovers, even if I drink large quantities of alcohol. My secret is to get enough sleep (atleast 7 or 8 hours) and to avoid certain types of booze (like too much Jägermeister and similar stuff). I usually drink beer and sometimes long drinks like Gin Tonic or Rum & Coke. When I'm on tour with my band it can happen that I'm drunk for three or four days in a row but even then I'm pretty fine the next morning.
    •  
    • May 24th 2018

Posted By: 900Great post!

As a lifelong boozer, I relate to this. In fact I'm in the pub right now, working, on my second large glass of red. I'd likely get fired if they knew.

LOL, I love you!
    • May 24th 2018

Posted By: RoccoI almost never have real hangovers

LOL, I hate you!
    I love this. A very worthwhile sequel to “Who’s Fucking Drunk?!l

I’m currently 3 margaritas, a dab and 2 shots of captain deep. Liqour doesn’t usually make me hungover, but lord knows Old English/various malt liquors do.
    Posted By: AccaDaccaFan99By the way, have the boys ever written anything about hangover (straight or implying) on any song?

Here you go ;)
    • May 25th 2018

I had a night off the booze last night and a longgg sleep this morning (day off work). Feeling WAY better! Going for a run soon, then going to try to have a reasonably controlled weekend.
    Posted By: RoccoI almost never have real hangovers, even if I drink large quantities of alcohol. My secret is to get enough sleep (atleast 7 or 8 hours) and to avoid certain types of booze (like too much Jägermeister and similar stuff). I usually drink beer and sometimes long drinks like Gin Tonic or Rum & Coke. When I'm on tour with my band it can happen that I'm drunk for three or four days in a row but even then I'm pretty fine the next morning.

For me personally, my worst hangovers are with vodka, or when I’m ghetto drunk with Old English, Colt 45 or Mickeys.

But I can down down most other liquors like no tomorrow and be good the next morning.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • May 25th 2018

Did someone say hangover? ;)

Bleurghhh...you’re reminding me why I don’t drink. I prefer a more “herbal” lifestyle if you catch my drift.
    Woke up from a night of a giant fish bowl, a double of grey goose and a double of crown + 2 herbal bowls.

My head feels like a beer with too much head in it.
    •  
    • May 27th 2018 edited

Went out with a bunch of friends yesterday night to celebrate the birthday of a friend. Had a fantastic Thai dinner, drank about 8 or 9 pints, three or four shots and smoked a couple of joints. Went back home at 2 AM, where my two dogs took me for a short walk, then tried to watch the re-run of the Champions League final, ate a sandwich and drank a coke, smoked another joint and fell asleep on the couch where my girlfriend woke me up around 10 o'clock this morning for breakfast. Then changed clothes and went to work. Feel like nothing happened yesterday.
    •  
    • May 27th 2018

Posted By: Spellbound
    Posted By: RoccoI almost never have real hangovers, even if I drink large quantities of alcohol. My secret is to get enough sleep (atleast 7 or 8 hours) and to avoid certain types of booze (like too much Jägermeister and similar stuff). I usually drink beer and sometimes long drinks like Gin Tonic or Rum & Coke. When I'm on tour with my band it can happen that I'm drunk for three or four days in a row but even then I'm pretty fine the next morning.

For me personally, my worst hangovers are with vodka, or when I’m ghetto drunk with Old English, Colt 45 or Mickeys.

But I can down down most other liquors like no tomorrow and be good the next morning.

ROTFL, ghetto drunk! Got to remember this one. I had to look up all the drinks you mentioned. I can see why one gets a hangover from these.
    Fuck, here we go again.

I hate this feeling so much... just threw up a bit. And the headache - yikes.

Why do I get a fucking hangover so fucking easily?
    •  
    • Jun 17th 2018

Drunk now. Will update in morn g.
    Posted By: 42_39_56morn g.

I can tell lol
    I just had 190 proof Everclear for the first time.

I was drunk after 2 full solo cups of hunch punch and a Guinness. It was incredible.

Not too bad of a hangover either.
    Had a fucking horrible hangover this morning. I was shaking like hell and thought I wouldn't be able to eat anything in a good while.

However, now I'm feeling completely normal again and didn't even throw up once. It truly was a miraculous recovery considering the starting point...
    Sounds like very mild alcohol poisoning. Were you cold as hell too or just shaking?

It’s no bueno man. Take it a little easier next time.
    •  
    • Jun 30th 2018

Posted By: AccaDaccaFan99Had a fucking horrible hangover this morning. I was shaking like hell and thought I wouldn't be able to eat anything in a good while.

However, now I'm feeling completely normal again and didn't even throw up once. It truly was a miraculous recovery considering the starting point...

I’m impressed you didn’t throw up at all. Any really bad hangover = all day hanging over the toilet for me.

I chug a couple bottles of coconut water (although I hate it lol) and by mid afternoon I’m feeling near normal.
    • Jun 30th 2018

Posted By: 42_39_56I chug a couple bottles of coconut water

Lovely stuff!

Other things to help a hangover: tomato juice - bucketloads of it. And ginger tea with turmeric in it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jun 30th 2018

Dioralyte.

Full English with chips and Fat Coke.
    Hair of the dog that bit me was usually what cured my hangovers.

I became an alcoholic when only 14. I didn't get my first hangover until I was 15. I felt that youth protected me, but once I started getting them, I got hungover a lot, but that's because I drank heavily. There were times that I'd go to bed, not remembering going to bed, and wake up drunk until early afternoon. Those instances were generally after drinking kegged beer. My favorite was kegged Budweiser. I remember that my love of alcohol was so great that I actually forced myself to drink kegged Old Milwaukee at one party. After I got fucked up, I couldn't taste it and I remember barfing my guts out the next day. I actually quit drinking so often when I was 17 and had to get a real job. I used to work for farmers before that. I couldn't keep a town job drinking so much. I'd still party of weekends, but then that got too expensive and then I just didn't drink as much. I'd still go out and have a good time, almost always paying for it the next day, so it's probably a good thing that I got hung over. It kept me from going overboard. Now, if I drink, I get flush and feel like shit, almost like people describe antabuse. I rarely touch booze anymore.
    Posted By: SpellboundSounds like very mild alcohol poisoning. Were you cold as hell too or just shaking?

It’s no bueno man. Take it a little easier next time.

Just shaking. And it definitely wasn't an alcohol poisoning, as it was (mercifully) just a few moments' feeling.

However, last night I had LOTS of beer and a couple of whiskey shots at a karaoke bar, sang stupid duets with my buddy, got home, threw up in bed, was about to pass out in the bathroom and woke up in the morning both hungover (still feeling like shit, btw) + with a terrible remorse. After about 3AM I don't remember anything, not even how I got home.

I guess I'll take a little break from drinking now.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Jul 1st 2018

It's the breaks that cause the hangovers.
    People say I have sleeping disorder, but it's not true, I have problems with being awake. Since about 9th grade I only sleep 4-5 hours a night and it's much worse than a hangover. My head is okay, I'm not sharp but I don't really have reduced cognitive ability. My stomach on the other hand is a disaster, I puke a lot and I feel I wanna die. But I have a weak stomach anyway, I feel sick on winding roads or on that spinning shit in playgrounds.

I can drink a lot of (good-Czech/German, ~4.5%) beer, it only makes me feel relaxed, the peak is at 5-6 pints, then I become sleepy. But next morning is nothing unusual, I'm a bit dull and hungry. Sometimes I start the day with the first-aid-beer and have a good laugh at the dying friends.
    But when I have more than 2 shots of stronger stuff like pálinka or jäger I lose it. There is always a good half an hour when the whole world is spinning and when I'm not careful and slow down I throw up and then sober up quite fast. It used to work as a hard reset but I feel I'm getting old (I'm 22 haha) and after that I can't drink any more. If I survive that period I'm all good.
    I have a super fast metabolism by the way.
    F-U-C-K.

This is so unfair - last Saturday I had eight and was completely well in the morning, whereas last night I had three (!!!) and am now feeling like I want to bang my head on the wall. Just took a painkiller, but it doesn't seem to help.

Wish me luck on keeping lunch inside...
    • AC/DC rock music: Moparman
    • Aug 27th 2018

Been an alcoholic since I was 15,I'm now 45,if I had a dollar for every bad hangover,anxiety attack and panic episode I,d dead set be rich,because I don't wanna spend half my life in as meetings I just tend to keep drinking
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Aug 27th 2018

ME HUNGOVER
    • Aug 27th 2018

I managed to keep it to one bottle of wine last night. No work today in the UK, so had extra sleep and plan a quick run..

I'm trying to cut down on booze. I've been getting a lot worse this year with work stress and things, relying on it more and more, then feeling rough next day. I've always been a drinker but definitely becoming a problem as I get older and generally more pessimistic.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gavin82
    • Aug 27th 2018

God i hate booze i got so drunk in 2008 ive not been pist since #TRUESTORY
    • AC/DC rock music: Bushido
    • Aug 27th 2018

If you eat salty snacks while you are drinking, it is said to help avoid the hang over... seems to work for me.

Bars used to provide salted pretzels, salted peanuts etc as free snacks. now a days, the drive for profit seems to have obliterated this practice...
    Posted By: MoparmanBeen an alcoholic since I was 15,I'm now 45,if I had a dollar for every bad hangover,anxiety attack and panic episode I,d dead set be rich,because I don't wanna spend half my life in as meetings I just tend to keep drinking

I've been off the hootch for about a month, started at 12, and have been drunk almost every day for the last 4 years.

It's certainly been a sobering experience.
    I had a girl over a few nights ago and drank probably 8 beers or so.

The nail in the coffin for me was eating 3 cans of chef boyardee ravioli straight from the can, right before going to bed. Never again.
    When I was young I use to be a big binge drinker. The hang overs just got too much for me, especially considering I'm a busy person. It would just wipe out my next day and I don't get allot of free days. I then tried "other things" for a little while, mainly Ecstasy & Coke. That was great at first but after a while that got tired as well and the come-downs were as bad if not worse than the hangovers. I now touch nothing, I don't drink alcohol or do drugs of any kind. Instead I do Martial Arts, listen to allot of AC/DC and spend more time with my family and friends. Best thing I ever did! Give it a go, I highly recommend it... ;-)
    Posted By: RuddOrBustI had a girl over a few nights ago and drank probably 8 beers or so.

The nail in the coffin for me was eating 3 cans of chef boyardee ravioli straight from the can, right before going to bed. Never again.

Poor guy...

PS. Never again? I bet it's more like "next week again"... lol :D

A familiar feeling to me as well, when I decided to stay off the juice for the whole of July and then was drunk off my ass again within less than two weeks. Then again, I've never had a problem with my drinking, and never will - my willpower is too strong to let me slip into even a mild state of alcoholism. I just like the odd beer, or two, or ten from time to time. Fucking hate hangovers and always try my best to avoid them (usually by eating some light salty/spicy food during the evening either before or after the bar trip).

PS Vol.2. Btw, there's hardly a better drinking album than Powerage. IYWB is another good one.
    • Apr 26th 2019

I feel fucking terrible.

Went out in Kings Cross with one of my best mates and he told me he's separating from his wife, they've been together 18 years, really sad..

Tanned two large glasses of Sauvignon Blanc in a boozer, then over a pizza we panelled a bottle of Malbec, then another large house red.... then into another boozer where I tanned three or four glasses of Port.

Incidentally, it's amazing how many bar staff in London haven't a fucking clue what Port is. Over and over again I have to point to it on the bar shelves just for them to find it. And twice I've had hipster types too embarrassed to ask for advice from colleagues, and moronically giving me a whole wine glass of it (which was great of course!)

Thank fuck I can work from home today and chill-out while recovering.