Oct. 21 - DCU Center, Worcester, MA
    Oct. 22 - The Oncenter, Syracuse, NY
    Oct. 24 - GIANT Center, Hershey, PA
    Oct. 25 - Cure Insurance Arena, Trenton, NJ
    Oct. 26 - Cool Insuring Arena, Glens Falls, NY
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jun 13th 2019

Gonna have to see this band live at some point. Rats is a real crackin tune.
    •  
    • Jul 8th 2019 edited

Ghost have announced the UK and European leg of The Ultimate Tour Named Death which will take place later this year.

Ghost will kick off the tour in the UK and Ireland over six nights from November 16 before travelling to mainland Europe for a further 12 shows, which will wrap up in Toulouse on December 19.

The band will be joined by special guests All Them Witches and Tribulation, with tickets going on sale this coming Friday (July 12).

Ghost: The Ultimate Tour Named Death UK and European dates
    Nov 16: Nottingham Motorpoint Arena, UK
    Nov 17: Cardiff Motorpoint Arena, UK
    Nov 18: Glasgow SSE Hydro, UK
    Nov 20: Dublin 3Arena, Ireland
    Nov 22: London SSE Arena Wembley, UK
    Nov 23: Leeds First Direct Arena, UK
    Nov 30: Katowice Spodek, Poland
    Dec 01: Prague Universum, Czech Republic
    Dec 03: Budapest BSA, Hungary
    Dec 05: Mantova Palabam, Italy
    Dec 06: Zurich Halle 622, Switzerland
    Dec 08: Barcelona Palau Sant Jordi, Spain
    Dec 10: Lisbon Altice Arena, Portugal
    Dec 11: Madrid Palacio Vistalegre, Spain
    Dec 13: Eckbolsheim Zenith Of Strasbourg, France
    Dec 17: Esch-Sur-Alzette Rockhal, Luxembourg
    Dec 18: Saint-Herblain Zenith Nantes Metropole, France
    Dec 19: Touslouse Zenith Toulouse Metropole, France
    •  
    • Sep 18th 2019

Going to Ghost tomorrow!

Just noticed they released a new EP "Seven Inches of Satanic Panic"

•  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Sep 18th 2019

•  
    • Feb 12th 2020

I'm 51 years old, and even my children are too old for toys these days, but a friend of mine gave me an "Eddie" action figure when we went to the the Iron Maiden show last summer, and now I'm kind of thinking that Eddie needs a friend.

https://www.blabberm...
    I'm diggin this band more and more. They have such a cool/unique sound. Wish I got to see them before the rona hit us.
    •  
    • Sep 11th 2021

This is great. They totally turned it into a Ghost song.

•  
    • Sep 20th 2021 edited

"Ghost and Volbeat announce 2022 U.S. co-headline tour

Ghost, Volbeat and Twin Temple are hitting the States together next year for a mammoth 26-city tour"

https://www.kerrang....
    Anyone know if Ghost are using the same live band for the 2022 tour?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Starsky
    • Sep 21st 2021

Posted By: carolinareaperAnyone know if Ghost are using the same live band for the 2022 tour?

I sure hope so. I get the privacy aspect, but as a fan, I don't like keeping the backing band a secret as well as switching them quite often. I know Tobias Forge is the mastermind behind all the albums, but it doesn't feel like a solo act at all, so I wish they dropped the secrecy and kept a steady lineup to get familiar with.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Zan
    • Sep 21st 2021

Posted By: Starsky
    Posted By: carolinareaperAnyone know if Ghost are using the same live band for the 2022 tour?

I sure hope so. I get the privacy aspect, but as a fan, I don't like keeping the backing band a secret as well as switching them quite often. I know Tobias Forge is the mastermind behind all the albums, but it doesn't feel like a solo act at all, so I wish they dropped the secrecy and kept a steady lineup to get familiar with.

I know several people who've either been associated with Ghost, or are friends with ex-members. Ghost used to be a pride of the Swedish rock scene, but now Tobias is so well-known here for how he treated his longtime friends and other people who have helped him that he has gotten a very bad reputation as a person.
    There is no privacy aspect involved, it is just Tobias who wants to keep the band members replaceable. So the "secrecy" is mostly a business model, one that he used to trick the other founding members with from getting recognition.

Granted, there might be a level of jealousy involved in a lot of this. But other succesful Swedish rock acts like Opeth do not have a bad rep at all, so there is probably some substance to it.
    •  
    • Sep 21st 2021

Posted By: Zan
    Posted By: Starsky

I know several people who've either been associated with Ghost, or are friends with ex-members. Ghost used to be a pride of the Swedish rock scene, but now Tobias is so well-known here for how he treated his longtime friends and other people who have helped him that he has gotten a very bad reputation as a person.
    There is no privacy aspect involved, it is just Tobias who wants to keep the band members replaceable. So the "secrecy" is mostly a business model, one that he used to trick the other founding members with from getting recognition.

Granted, there might be a level of jealousy involved in a lot of this. But other succesful Swedish rock acts like Opeth do not have a bad rep at all, so there is probably some substance to it.

I does seem plausible that Forge kept the identities a secret for his benefit, as much as I know about him. He just did it so well, making it seem as the imago of the band. Such a shame if true, the band and their live shows are brilliant.
    I don't know the full details but didn't he fire the original band members and take control of the Ghost trademark?
    •  
    • Sep 21st 2021

Posted By: carolinareaperI don't know the full details but didn't he fire the original band members and take control of the Ghost trademark?

Basically, when the band started taking off the rest of the band members trusted him to handle the business side, as they did not have a manager. Tobias set up a company which handled the tour business, and the rest of the band members would invoice Tobias for their salaries through their own sole proprietorship firms. A lot of these guys are not what you would call business minded, as the band "Ghost" was only a verbal partnership and not a written contract between them.

Some of them were starting to get worried around 2015 when they lived on as little as 1000 euros a month but Ghost were now a very successful touring act. They naturally wondered where all the money went. Tobias promised them new contracts, but ended up firing them instead which promted a big lawsuit here in Sweden. One of the plaintiffs produced, recorded and performed the first Ghost record in his own home studio together with Tobias. One could understand that the guy is a little pissed off.
    Is Tobias Forge the only songwriter?
    Posted By: MeanstreakIs Tobias Forge the only songwriter?

No, but he is the principal one. He also plays almost the entirety of the instruments on the studio recordings (not the drums though).
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Sep 21st 2021

Imo their bubblegum pop/metal got stale rather quick. All their cover songs, including this one (Enter Sandman) are by far worse than the original songs. He should go metal flat out instead of doing these silly pop songs wrapped up in a metal context. Opus is the only Ghost album worth mentioning.
    •  
    • Sep 21st 2021

Got good seats for Jan 27th. Can't wait!

Also lined up are Judas Priest in October, Rival Sons in November and Rage Against the Machine in April.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Sep 21st 2021

(seen them supporting MetallicA)....they should enter Eurovision !
    •  
    • Sep 22nd 2021 edited

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

No, but he is the principal one. He also plays almost the entirety of the instruments on the studio recordings (not the drums though).

Not totally true. The latest two records feature large contributions from outside writers. Meliora is co-written by Klas Åhlund (Teddybears). Prequelle and the newer singles are written by Vincent Pontare and Salem Al Fakir as the principal writers (Eurovision song contest songwriters).

The records features many musicians, although the first one was recorded only by Tobias, Simon and a drummer.

Not totally true. The latest two records feature large contributions from outside writers. Meliora is co-written by Klas Åhlund (Teddybears). Prequelle and the newer singles are written by Vincent Pontare and Salem Al Fakir as the principal writers (Eurovision song contest songwriters).

The records features many musicians, although the first one was recorded only by Tobias, Simon and a drummer.

That's not a really a real rock band, then, bringing in those types of professional songwriters. At least I don't see it that way. That is more of a calculated effort to produce hits rather than anything else. What other serious rock bands use Eurovision contest songwriters? I mean there is Lordi, but come on...
    •  
    • Sep 22nd 2021

^ A bit off-topic, but these guys almost got to represent Estonia in 2013, narrowly lost to some typical pop singer.
    Oh my God.
    •  
    • Sep 22nd 2021

Posted By: Meanstreak

That's not a really a real rock band, then, bringing in those types of professional songwriters. At least I don't see it that way. That is more of a calculated effort to produce hits rather than anything else. What other serious rock bands use Eurovision contest songwriters? I mean there is Lordi, but come on...

It makes sense in that Tobias Forge's favorite band is ABBA. The artwork with its own mascot and everything is ripped off from Iron Maiden, but the music is pure pop.
    I know Scorpions used external songwriters like Mikael Nord Andersson, and we know of Desmond Child, Mark Hudson and Aerosmith, for instance, but that is not as far as the song writing approach used by Tobias Forge.
    •  
    • Sep 24th 2021

Posted By: MeanstreakI know Scorpions used external songwriters like Mikael Nord Andersson, and we know of Desmond Child, Mark Hudson and Aerosmith, for instance, but that is not as far as the song writing approach used by Tobias Forge.

Tobias Forge turned the band into a brand, that is really his main accomplishment. They actually came out of the unsigned band scene in Sweden and was considered sort of a joke band at first. They were friends with and opened for Watain (infamous Swedish black metal band) and everyone was talking about their stage show and how the band members were masked, but that it was sort of a spoof on occult rock (which was very trendy in Sweden at the time).
    What happened was that James Hetfield in Metallica wore a Ghost t-shirt on Swedish television in 2011, while doing an interview for the Big 4 show in Gothenburg. That was it for them, they became the coolest band in Sweden over night and that's what their popularity was built on.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Sep 24th 2021 edited

Tobias Forge turned the band into a brand, that is really his main accomplishment.
    What happened was that James Hetfield in Metallica wore a Ghost t-shirt on Swedish television in 2011, while doing an interview for the Big 4 show in Gothenburg. That was it for them, they became the coolest band in Sweden over night and that's what their popularity was built on.

From a business/brand/marketing perspective I guess it’s only fair to say that Forges Ghost is a success. I also think he has a talent and ear for melodies. Unfortunately Ghost nowadays seem like a very calculated concept with their kindergarten satan pop songs, rather than being a genuine rock/metal act.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Sep 24th 2021 edited

Posted By: Infernofor a mammoth 26-city tour"

•  
    • Sep 30th 2021

Hey look! AC/DC isn't the only one with a new video out today. Looks like this song is for the Halloween Kills soundtrack:

Love the production. Wish the intro with the acoustic guitars was longer though.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Sep 30th 2021

Posted By: InfernoHey look! AC/DC isn't the only one with a new video out today. Looks like this song is for the Halloween Kills soundtrack:

Sounds like "Schlager"-Rock.
    I assume that is not a compliment, Rocco.
    •  
    • Sep 30th 2021 edited

Posted By: MeanstreakI assume that is not a compliment, Rocco.

LOL, it depends if you like "Schlager". For all those who don't know what that is: It's a musical genre that is highly popular in German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria and Switzerland). In a way it's probably not dissimilar to that modern, soppy, commercial country music. Schlager's most famous star right now is Helene Fischer:

•  
    • Oct 1st 2021

Now that's just unfair.

Ghost rules!
    •  
    • Oct 1st 2021

Posted By: InfernoNow that's just unfair.

Ghost rules!

I don't think it's unfair. It's just the very first connection I had when I heard that song Hunter's Moon. The way it's produced and arranged is so middle of the road and so commercial. This is pure pop music that has a few distorted guitars to make it sound a bit "rock". I might add that I probably heard only a couple of Ghost tunes before. They never did much for me. And after hearing this song I can say they even do less now. But if you like 'em go ahead. It's just not my cup of tea and calling a song like this rock music is, to put it mildly, a bit of a stretch for me.
    • AC/DC rock music: mdm90
    • Oct 1st 2021

Ghost does alot of things, including pop and rock, also metal. I didn't like hunters moon the first time I heard it, listened to it a few times and now I enjoy it quite a bit.
    •  
    • Oct 1st 2021

I think they've been going backwards ever since Meliora, this song did not appeal to me.
    •  
    • Nov 23rd 2021

"Imperatour" 2022 European dates:

Apr. 09 - Manchester, Arena, UK
    Apr. 11 - London, O2 Arena, UK
    Apr. 13 - Glasgow, Hydro, UK
    Apr. 15 - Birmingham, RWA Arena, UK
    Apr. 17 - Rotterdam, RTM Stage Ahoy, Netherlands
    Apr. 18 - Paris, Accor Arena, France
    Apr. 19 - Cologne, Lanxess Arena, Germany
    Apr. 21 - Leipzig Quarterback Immobillen Arena, Germany