[ Sign In | Register ]

My band is starting to plan a uk tour and I’m taking the initiative in getting the ball rolling. What are some good cities/clubs to look into? We want to try a run that goes from the south around Brighton and end up in either edenburogh or Glasgow. Someone told me our music is a combo between DC the Ramones and Motorhead and I would not argue with that. Any help is very much appreciated!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Mar 23rd 2018

There is a famous ‘toilet’ circuit that runs throughout the UK. It depends what size venue really. Will you have support?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Mar 23rd 2018

1. How many gigs do you want to do?

2. How much money have you got?
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Mar 23rd 2018

Two venues in Guildford I know of that support up and coming bands, The Boiler Room and the Star Inn. Chris Slade's Timeline has played the latter.
    • AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Mar 23rd 2018

London. Liverpool. Leeds.
    I believe we want to shoot for around 10-12 dates. Definitely want to hit major cities, but Leeds and Manchester I heard are booming. We would be coming over from the US by ourselves. Jem, what venues are in that circiut you're talking about?
    • Mar 23rd 2018

If the Joiners Arms in Southampton is still going that could be on your radar. That ones pretty much a rite of passage for any band that's made it big.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Mar 24th 2018

Posted By: SuperGibson36I believe we want to shoot for around 10-12 dates. Definitely want to hit major cities, but Leeds and Manchester I heard are booming. We would be coming over from the US by ourselves. Jem, what venues are in that circiut you're talking about?

https://en.m.wikiped...

The link above will give you a good idea. I grew up in Bedford Esquires watching bands every week. It’s a great place. Amazing really really for a small town the number of bands that have played there.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Mar 24th 2018

Glasgow venues- Ivory Blacks is a 300 capacity venue, run 'by music lovers for music lovers' and often has rock/metal bands on. The Cathouse is a similar size and is a rock club with regular club nights as well as being a gig venue.

King Tut's is a small, iconic venue that has all kinds of acts on. Lastly Nice n Sleazy is a smaller (150) venue, more of a student vibe but have seen a variety of gigs there. There are loads of other great venues in Glasgow but I'd say those are the pick for your kind of music.

Edinburgh has a lot less going on (Glasgow isn't a UNESCO city of music for nothing) but Bannerman's rock bar has a great venue out back with a 175 capacity and has a good following for that kind of gig.

My absolute favourite venue in the UK is Bootlegger's in Kendal- it's not a big city but a small town in the Lake District. 250 capacity and a lot of character, nice vibe and good following. Might not be top priority for you but an easy stop off if you were breaking the journey between Manchester and Glasgow.

Good luck!
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for all your help!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Mar 24th 2018

Posted By: SuperGibson36You guys are awesome! Thanks for all your help!

Got a link where one could listen to something of you guys?
    Here are some tunes from our latest EP

• Mar 26th 2018

Good stuff.

A point of contact would be these guys if you're looking to play anything round Surrey.

https://www.jasta11g...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: gunforhire
    • Mar 26th 2018 edited

North:
    Aberdeen
    Glasgow*
    Edinburgh
    Newcastle*
    Hull
    Leeds*
    Manchester*
    Liverpool
    Sheffield*

Midlands:
    Birmingham*
    Wolverhampton
    Nottingham*
    Norwich
    Cambridge
    Oxford
    Cardiff*
    Bristol*

South:
    London*
    Reading
    Southampton
    Bournemouth
    Portsmouth
    Brighton

*Major cities often included on UK tours (usually with an arena). The others tend toward the "toilet circuit" of smaller club venues: https://en.wikipedia...

Because it's such a small country, a lot are nearby and rarely played together:
    Manchester/Liverpool
    Leeds/Hull
    Birmingham/Nottingham/Sheffield/Wolverhampton
    Norwich/Cambridge
    Cardiff/Bristol
    Oxford/London/Reading
    Southampton/Bournemouth/Portsmouth/Brighton

Here's a rundown of well-known small club venues:
    Glasgow - King Tut's Wah Wah Hut, Classic Grand, Cathouse
    Newcastle - Think Tank, Riverside
    Leeds - Hi-Fi, Brudenell
    Manchester - Sound Control, Gorilla
    Sheffield - Corporation, Plug
    Birmingham - Academy 3, Mama Roux's
    Wolverhampton - Slade Rooms
    Nottingham - Bodega, Rescue Rooms, Rock City Basement
    Norwich - Waterfront
    Cardiff - Tramshed, Y Plas
    Bristol - Exchange, Fleece, Thekla
    London - Underworld, Black Heart, Garage, Scala, The Dome
    Reading - Sub 89
    Southampton - Talking Heads, Engine Rooms
    Portsmouth - Wedgewood Rooms
    Brighton - Concorde, Old Market, The Haunt
    • Mar 26th 2018

Sub 89 in Reading is a good shout. Know a few people who've played there.

Brighton also has a venue called The Haunt which is worth keeping in mind.
    You guys are amazing! Thank you all so much!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Treehorn
    • Mar 26th 2018

When you get it all booked, let us know on here and hopefully you'll get some support - I'll be along to a Scottish date if I can make it.
    • AC/DC rock music: savsav
    • Mar 28th 2018

If you do try for Hull be prepared to plug everything into one Power socket. Its the law ! Joking apart

http://www.theadelph...

This used to be a good spot for bands. Unfortunately I've not been for a few years so I'm not sure what it's like now but it used to be a good venue