[ Sign In | Register ]

It seems to me nobody can cover AC/DC and sound like them, and i'm not talking tribute bands, i'm talking regular bands, who write their own music. someone post me a cover that sounds like AC/DC, because i just doont think its possible. but then again i havent heard BFET's vocal covers yet *hint hint*
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BFET
    • Apr 14th 2010

I don't have any vocal covers or recordings. Yet, that is... stopped doing karaoke awhile ago, but next time I go I'll try to get someone to record it. Maybe I'll do STT or something.
    Nobody else plays like angus and mal and no one else can get the right tone. (the exeption is solodallas from youtube, but he is not a band)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Apr 14th 2010

^Agreed. Solodallas is the man.
    Haha I ask him questions a lot and he answers all of them. He made the best ride on tutorial and I'm using that instead of crappy tabs.
    He made a version of Money Made with a solo. i wanted him to take the riff to SMD, Loop it, solo over it, and put it in the song!
    I heard that too dude!! It was awesome. Angus would be so proud :) ...............this thread is now about solodallas
    Fil is the man,that's for damn sure.

He did a solo on Gimmie A Bullet too,

Must say he's the closest to Angus I've ever heard.Great to his fans too,I like "chatting" with him sometimes.He's got some original stuff that's really good too.

Case closed,perfect soloing over the 30 second clip of Rock 'N Roll Train before Black Ice was out

His latest,he's in on the new competition,not participating but as an example of what to do,I'm sure he'd win if he was competing

That's passion ^
    Let me tell you, that video just makes you appreciate STT as a song more. listening to all of the guitar and bass work. man if only they still cranked out tracks like that. like nitroass said, thats passion.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Apr 14th 2010

Yeah I've been debating entering the competition or not...we shall see. Gotta do a little brush up work on my soloing, I'm a rhythm guitarist primarily for my band.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Apr 15th 2010

solodallas is indeed the man - nice bloke
    never heard of this dude - will check him out later
    •  
    • Apr 15th 2010

Put it this way, if Angus couldn't show up one night, this would be the guy to call...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Apr 15th 2010

This is the song I always play to virgins. I cannot think of another song that so perfectly encapsulates the essence of a band.

SD is the only guy I have ever heard play anything like Angus. Watched loads of stuff over the years, brilliant video.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Apr 15th 2010

I like to play Let Me Put My Love Into You to any virgins. It gives them the idea of what is involved and what my intentions are.

Or am I misunderstanding your post Jem?
    Pod, no your not mate. Though I tend to prefer Givin the Dog a Bone...so there are really no misunderstandings
    Love At First Feel?
    •  
    • Apr 15th 2010

For virgins it may need to be Squealer. Although maybe not for Carlos Smalldingo!
    lmao....your too quick for me this week....ya bastard
    a small dingo is still pretty large though. Especially if you keep it housed in a pair of undercrackers
    •  
    • Apr 15th 2010

I just give 'em a wink when DDDDC is on..

"I'm happy to be your back door man...."
    For virgins?.......hard as a rock
    "I lead a life of crime."
    •  
    • Apr 15th 2010

I don't see what sexual innuendo and AC/DC have in common - back on topic please...

"I don't see what sexual innuendo and AC/DC have in common"

Are you sure about that??? I think you may want to read that statement again...

•  
    • Apr 16th 2010

I'm absolutely sure Shoot - sexual innuendo and AC/DC have nothing in common.

The Jack is about a game of cards...

Givin The Dog A Bone is about feeding a dog... well, a bone...

Go Down is about popping down the shop to buy some milk...

Cover You In Oil is about an unfortunate accident while changing a car's engine oil filter

Yep, I stand by my statement

LOL!!!

•  
    • Apr 16th 2010

:)

•  
    • Apr 16th 2010

Let's get it up?
    •  
    • Apr 16th 2010

An umbrella, Pod, obviously

•  
    • Apr 16th 2010

"This ain't no gun in my pocket, I got the goods in my hand"

Weapon delivery service?
    •  
    • Apr 16th 2010 edited

Let me put my love into you?

EDIT-this is a question not an offer you understand.