[ Sign In | Register ]

Tried to find some video footage of AC/DC in the studio recording albums but have never found any.
    Would be very interesting to see the band record, especially from the early days. Anyone have some knowledge about video footage from studio recordings?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 15th 2016

There's definitely some from LTBR.
    Posted By: JemThere's definitely some from LTBR.

That would be interesting to see! Is it on internet?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 15th 2016

Posted By: omlarmerud

That would be interesting to see! Is it on internet?
    Only in the videoclip from ltbr the song. Would give a nut to see a 2 hour document of those sessions..
    Would give a nut to see a 2 hour document of those sessions..

Word! But it would be interesting to see something from whatever album, it's definetely a lot of footage in existence but they hardly ever released anything...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 15th 2016

Word! But it would be interesting to see something from whatever album, it's definetely a lot of footage in existence but they hardly ever released anything...
    FOTS would be interesting too. Would be in the order of Some kind of monster..
    Posted By: Thankass

FOTS would be interesting too. Would be in the order of Some kind of monster..

It would be interesting to see just for the cottage/sheppard's pie incident.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 15th 2016

In those days, Malcolm probably would have just shoved the camera up the filmmaker's backside, claiming the guy was so up his own arse that he might as well take his camera with him.
    Posted By: BrianyIn those days, Malcolm probably would have just shoved the camera up the filmmaker's backside, claiming the guy was so up his own arse that he might as well take his camera with him.

And people say that Axl Rose had a temper. ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 15th 2016

I don't think the studio footage that appears in the LTBR clip is from the actual recording of the LTBR album. The album was recorded in January and February 1977. At the time Angus had pretty long hair (as can be seen from concert pics that were taken in January and March 1977) but in those studio clips it is very short just like it is in those church scenes that were filmed in July 1977. Plus Mals Gretsch still had its red paint when the album was recorded but in those studio clips the painting is already stripped. I'm pretty sure those scenes were filmed in July 1977 like the rest of the video. So either they filmed the band when they were recording in July 1977 (it's said the band recorded an albums worth of songs incl. early versions of KITT, UTMNIY and the TTM version that appeared on Volts) or they set up for a couple of hours just to recreate a studio setting especially for the LTBR video.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • May 15th 2016

Posted By: Rocco

I don't think the studio footage that appears in the LTBR clip is from the actual recording of the LTBR album. The album was recorded in January and February 1977. At the time Angus had pretty long hair (as can be seen from concert pics that were taken in January and March 1977) but in those studio clips it is very short just like it is in those church scenes that were filmed in July 1977. Plus Mals Gretsch still had its red paint when the album was recorded but in those studio clips the painting is already stripped. I'm pretty sure those scenes were filmed in July 1977 like the rest of the video. So either they filmed the band when they were recording in July 1977 (it's said the band recorded an albums worth of songs incl. early versions of KITT, UTMNIY and the TTM version that appeared on Volts) or they set up for a couple of hours just to recreate a studio setting especially for the LTBR video.

Agreed, interesting to see Angus in tshirt & jeans playing LTBR but I don't think it's live!
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • May 15th 2016

Rudd with nudie pics of chicks on his drum set would #1 on YouTube , then cut to Rudd shopping for golf gloves at Dicks sporting goods.
    • May 15th 2016

On the new film called, "the making of blow up your video", we can see the actual magic mushroom indoor greenhouse and lsd lab that was next door to the studio.
    Posted By: GoZoneOn the new film called, "the making of blow up your video", we can see the actual magic mushroom indoor greenhouse and lsd lab that was next door to the studio.

I thought this was a serious forum. Frustrating having to scroll through posts like this. Theres other places on the internet if you want to be funny.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • May 15th 2016

LOL
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • May 15th 2016

Posted By: GoZoneOn the new film called, "the making of blow up your video", we can see the actual magic mushroom indoor greenhouse and lsd lab that was next door to the studio.

I thought this was a serious forum. Frustrating having to scroll through posts like this. Theres other places on the internet if you want to be funny.

Yes it is. Stop that immediately GZ. You will confine yourself to reporting inside information which your mate Phil Rudd feeds you. Unless of course there really was an LSD lab next door to the studio. In which case as you were.
    •  
    • May 15th 2016

It certainly sounds like it was recording in a greenhouse.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • May 15th 2016

LOLOLOLOLLLLL
    Posted By: Jem

Yes it is. Stop that immediately GZ. You will confine yourself to reporting inside information which your mate Phil Rudd feeds you. Unless of course there really was an LSD lab next door to the studio. In which case as you were.

Second that!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 42_39_56
    • May 15th 2016 edited

The album cover that never was.

• May 15th 2016

Ok - acdc is all serious - just read their lyrics.

How do you know this didn't happen......I mean how can one explain that album..I still do not have a better theory than what I posted
    Problem is that people lose interest when a thread ends in nonsense
    • May 15th 2016

Ballbreaker has some stuff on YouTube (just audio). I think nitro posted it or someone that has been on forums for years. Good stuff. Would love to see video of them interacting with Rubin. I know it wasn't a good experience, but i love the result. Sure, certain things could be better, but it's pure DC to my ears.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • May 15th 2016

Posted By: omlarmerudProblem is that people lose interest when a thread ends in nonsense

Like when people go off on one of those interminable pun runs?
    • May 15th 2016

Posted By: omlarmerudProblem is that people lose interest when a thread ends in nonsense

There isn't a thing but what was mentioned to you - at least available now.
    Posted By: GoZone

There isn't a thing but what was mentioned to you - at least available now.

No, have not found anything besides this. I bet Angus' basement is full of behind the scenes footage. Hopefully some of will see the light of sometime.
    •  
    • May 15th 2016

A scene from the BUYV recording session:

• May 15th 2016 edited

Hahahaha the bizzaro Denver airport!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Dec 16th 2021

DOn't want to open a new topic, maybe this is interesting for someone...

https://www.musicrad...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Dec 16th 2021

Posted By: 7sevenDOn't want to open a new topic, maybe this is interesting for someone...

https://www.acdcfans...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Dec 16th 2021

Posted By: 7sevenDOn't want to open a new topic, maybe this is interesting for someone...

Where Blow Up Your Video was recorded.