[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Posted By: flattusmaximusIs that not official by now? I have that somewhere. It's been on Youtube on and off before.

It's never been released officially - all YouTube copies have been ripped from VHS tapes.

They're still on YouTube but SME's blocked them everywhere (so you can't use a VPN to access them somewhere else in the world and download them).
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Nov 29th 2016 edited

Well then this is a video to put on the next box set. Officially unreleased promo and live videos. Gimme High Voltage from Glasgow '78.
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Dec 6th 2016

Posted By: flattusmaximus

Damn, Who made Who is a underrated song. Can`t belive that they dropped it forever. I think they played it a couple of shows on the Ballbreaker Tour in 96.
    I wish they could release a live DVD from the Who made Who or Blow Up Your Video Tour.
    Posted By: shocker

Damn, Who made Who is a underrated song. Can`t belive that they dropped it forever. I think they played it a couple of shows on the Ballbreaker Tour in 96.
    I wish they could release a live DVD from the Who made Who or Blow Up Your Video Tour.

Well, I just recently saw a vid from WMW live in TRE tour and Angus completly butchered the verse lick. They obviously overdubbed it for the Live album, and in 96 it was even worse on the tour's first show , so they dropped it. I love the song too, though!
    Posted By: matirocker
    Posted By: shocker

Well, I just recently saw a vid from WMW live in TRE tour and Angus completly butchered the verse lick. They obviously overdubbed it for the Live album, and in 96 it was even worse on the tour's first show , so they dropped it. I love the song too, though!
    After seeing you play it the correct way, which a lot of people didn't know about, I can't blame Angus lol... that shit is hard!
    • Feb 5th 2017 edited

Not directly related to the topic but could not find a better suited thread.

I did not realise until today that the RnRD promo clip was filmed before/after the Glasgow gig.

Live: https://tinyurl.com/...
    Huh, never noticed there was two edits.
    • AC/DC rock music: soda
    • Feb 6th 2017

Posted By: DirtyEyesHi there!

Is there a list of known official or pro-shot AC/DC videos featuring Bon that aren't on "Family Jewels", "Plug Me In" or "AC/DC: Let There Be Rock"?
    I know these are missing (edited to include new submissions):

2. Complete (!) live shows
    - Live at St. Albans High School Hall, 03 March 1976
    - "Sight & Sound in Concert" (BBC2), Live at Golders Green Hippodrome, London, 27 October 1977
    - Live at Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, 30 April 1978
    - "Rock Goes To College" (BBC2), Live at University of Essex, Colchester, 28 October 1978
    - "Countdown" (Veronica), Live at Rijnhal, Arnhem, 13 July 1979

Holy shit! Is any of these shows available on decent quality dvd-botlegs?
    Cleveland '79 (the bootleg copies have terrible quality)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Singha
    • Feb 10th 2017

Posted By: mkbergNot directly related to the topic but could not find a better suited thread.

I did not realise until today that the RnRD promo clip was filmed before/after the Glasgow gig.

damn! Clips are great,I hope there are more release in future......
    Posted By: AccaDaccaFan99Cleveland '79 (the bootleg copies have terrible quality)

I've got Cleveland and Oakland '79, and they're fine quality. They're limited by the quality of the original recordings.
    • AC/DC rock music: GShootin
    • Feb 10th 2017

Posted By: Synthetic Hermit
    Posted By: AccaDaccaFan99Cleveland '79 (the bootleg copies have terrible quality)

I've got Cleveland and Oakland '79, and they're fine quality. They're limited by the quality of the original recordings.

Gold.
    • Jan 31st 2021

Posted By: gunforhire
    Posted By: SpellboundIs it the one where there on a circular stage and Mal's wearing those fugly books?

Yup. Here are some screenshots:

Here is the full video in VHS quality: https://web.min-sky....
    I've uploaded it to a Norwegian cloud site, should be able to stream it, but you also have the option to download it if you click "Last ned fil" (might even be already translated). Link lasts 30 days.
    Haven’t seen that in almost 7 years - good clip. Thanks for posting!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Jan 31st 2021 edited

that clip is so cool!
    That clip is so classic! Love the raw simplicity...you can feel the power.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: SHOO23L
    • Feb 1st 2021

Posted By: mkberg
    Posted By: SpellboundIs it the one where there on a circular stage and Mal's wearing those fugly books?

Here is the full video in VHS quality:https://web.min-sky....
    I've uploaded it to a Norwegian cloud site, should be able to stream it, but you also have the option to download it if you click "Last ned fil" (might even be already translated). Link lasts 30 days.

This pleases me.
    • Feb 1st 2021 edited

Noice! There was a Jailbreak video filmed at the same session, or at least it looks like it was. Can never find that version of Jailbreak on YouTube. But it's one of my favourites. Angus is classic in these.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Daniel78
    • Feb 1st 2021

About Who Made Who: How I would have liked an extended live intro. Mal, Phil and Cliff holding the base with the crowd jumping like in LARP.
    It gives me goose bumps!
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatNoice! There was a Jailbreak video filmed at the same session, or at least it looks like it was. Can never find that version of Jailbreak on YouTube. But it's one of my favourites. Angus is classic in these.

I think you're talking about the one in Family Jewels Disc 3.
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCatNoice! There was a Jailbreak video filmed at the same session, or at least it looks like it was. Can never find that version of Jailbreak on YouTube. But it's one of my favourites. Angus is classic in these.

I see. I've only got the 2 disc DVD version.
    Posted By: CantEvenFeedMyCat

I see. I've only got the 2 disc DVD version.

Family Jewels Disc 3 is in the "Backtracks" deluxe edition box set.

I don't blame you if you haven't bought that, it's mostly made up of stuff we already had.
    Posted By: mkberg

Here is the full video in VHS quality:https://web.min-sky....
    is there another way to see this or find it? Showed up a little late....
    • Apr 30th 2021 edited

^Here you go, rocker.
    https://web.min-sky....

Btw, is this IALWTTT version and Nervous Shakedown "live" version the ONLY unreleased music videos that have surfaced?
    Posted By: mkberg^Here you go, rocker.
    https://web.min-sky....

Btw, is this IALWTTT version and Nervous Shakedown "live" version the ONLY unreleased music videos that have surfaced?

Hey thanks mate! Really :)
    • AC/DC rock music: fyfe79
    • Apr 30th 2021

I'd love to put together a comp DVD of the promo and TV stuff not released on any of the official releases (Family Jewels, Plug Me In)... essentially a "Family Jewels 4" for want of a better title. I author/create DVDs, so here’s what clips I have;

Can I Sit Next To You Girl promo ‘74
    The IALWTTT promo ’76 uploaded in this thread (cheers mkberg!)
    DDDDC collage promo ‘76
    Jailbreak (So It Goes '76)
    Rock N Roll Damnation (Rockpop ’78) … from youtube
    Highway to Hell (Rockpop '79) ... from youtube, incomplete good version (ZDF), I edited in the ending from a much inferior youtube source (3SAT)
    Beating Around the Bush (Applauso '80).... from youtube, not good quality, needs upgrade
    Touch Too Much (Top of the Pops '80)

Vids from official youtube;
    Let Me Put My Love Into You
    Shoot to Thrill (Iron Man 2 version)
    Highway to Hell (River Plate)
    Rock or Bust
    Play Ball
    Rock the Blues Away
    Shot in the Dark
    Demon Fire
    Realize

What am I missing? Anybody got better quality versions of the youtube TV stuff?
    I think the post-1980 TV stuff is for another DVD…. Is there even that much of it apart from Saturday Night Live 2000, Nulle Part Alleurs 2000 and Grammy’s 2015? Excluding VH1 ’96 etc.