[ Sign In | Register ]

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: DirtyEyes
    • Apr 12th 2016 edited

Hi there!

Is there a list of known official or pro-shot AC/DC videos featuring Bon that aren't on "Family Jewels", "Plug Me In" or "AC/DC: Let There Be Rock"?
    I know these are missing (edited to include new submissions):

1. Promo videos / TV appearances
    - "Baby Please Don't Go", ABC Countdown, 1974 (?) (Angus as aviation pioneer in a plane)
    - "Baby Please Don't Go", ABC Countdown, 1974 (?) (Angus as Zorro, Bon wears red overalls, see a very short clip at www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSudAfs_oU)
    - "Baby Please Don't Go", ABC Countdown, March (?) 1975 (SuperAngus, see a short clip at www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrcH00tNre4)
    - "Baby Please Don't Go", ABC Countdown, 1975 (Bon wears striped shirt)
    - "Baby Please Don't Go", ABC Countdown, 1975 (Bon as Tarzan, Angus as Gorilla)
    - "T.N.T.", Channel 9, 1976 (Bon wears red / black striped shirt)
    - "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", ABC Countdown, official video, 1976
    - "Jailbreak", Super Pop / Rollin' Bolan, London, England, UK, 13 July 1976
    - "Jailbreak", So It Goes (Granada Televisison), 14 August 1976 (Bon wears short leopard vest) www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbax9ZOsnZc
    - "Rock'n'Roll Damnation", ZDF RockPop, 24 June 1978
    - "Highway To Hell", ZDF RockPop, 08 September 1979
    - "Touch Too Much", BBC1 "Top of the Pops", 7 February 1980
    - "Beating Around The Bush", Aplauso, 9 February 1980

2. Complete (!) live shows
    - Live at St. Albans High School Hall, 03 March 1976
    - "Sight & Sound in Concert" (BBC2), Live at Golders Green Hippodrome, London, 27 October 1977
    - Live at Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, 30 April 1978
    - "Rock Goes To College" (BBC2), Live at University of Essex, Colchester, 28 October 1978
    - "Countdown" (Veronica), Live at Rijnhal, Arnhem, 13 July 1979

3. Documentaries
    - "The Little Cunts Have Done It" / "A Giant Dose of Rock 'n' Roll", 1976

===========================================================================================================================

"Let Me Put My Love Into You" promo video www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWm4ASP4zk

What else is out there?
    The complete St Alban's High School '76 photage.
    The documetnary photage from The Little Cunts Have Done It tour (aka. A Giant Dose of Rock 'n' Roll) '76.
    I'm pretty sure every single one of those is on plug me in.
    •  
    • Apr 13th 2016

Posted By: soulstripper666The complete St Alban's High School '76 photage.
    The documetnary photage from The Little Cunts Have Done It tour (aka. A Giant Dose of Rock 'n' Roll) '76.

Yes, these sound awesome!

Posted By: flattusmaximusI'm pretty sure every single one of those is on plug me in.

No, "Family Jewels" and "Plug Me In" collect just a few tracks of these shows, not the entire sets, unfortunately.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Apr 13th 2016

Arnhem, Rijnhal 1979
    Axl in rehearsal studio with AC/DC 2016
    •  
    • Apr 14th 2016

This leopard vest version of "Jailbreak" is also still missing from the official releases, unfortunately:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbax9ZOsnZc

Posted By: ThankassArnhem, Rijnhal 1979

You're right: Just three tracks from this show are on "Plug Me In". Thank you!

Posted By: WickedWomanStealerAxl in rehearsal studio with AC/DC 2016

Sorry, mate, but this is The Bon Scott Room! :-)
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Apr 14th 2016

Posted By: soulstripper666The documetnary photage from The Little Cunts Have Done It tour (aka. A Giant Dose of Rock 'n' Roll) '76.

Wait, what?
    Posted By: DirtyEyesThis leopard vest version of "Jailbreak" is also still missing from the official releases, unfortunately:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbax9ZOsnZc

Posted By: ThankassArnhem, Rijnhal 1979

You're right: Just three tracks from this show are on "Plug Me In". Thank you!

Posted By: WickedWomanStealerAxl in rehearsal studio with AC/DC 2016

Sorry, mate, but this is The Bon Scott Room! :-)

Didn't catch that the first time. Sorry about that.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Apr 14th 2016 edited

Posted By: mkberg
    Posted By: soulstripper666The documetnary photage from The Little Cunts Have Done It tour (aka. A Giant Dose of Rock 'n' Roll) '76.

Wait, what?

Director Russell Mulcahy followed them on the GDORNR tour with a film crew and filmed both gigs and backstage footage. The live clips of BPDG and PC are from that tour. But the whole film remains unreleased as for now. Mark Evans said he has seen a two hour raw cut of it. I've read somewhere that one of the reasons the project was shelfed was lack of money. But I hope they'll release it once AC/DC has retired.
    I would love a double DVD package of a show from the who made who tour in 86 and BUYV tours in 88
    Some pro footage from the Who Made Who tour does or did exist somewhere based on a short clip used in some TV program.

The full 1996 Sydney live screen cut would be nice.
    •  
    • Apr 16th 2016 edited

Posted By: WickedWomanStealerDidn't catch that the first time. Sorry about that.

No worries, mate!
    Maybe the mods can move this thread since others also posted Brian-stuff?
    This reminds me that the "Let Me Put My Love Into You" promo video (See www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWm4ASP4zk!) still wasn't officially released, yet ... :-(

Posted By: RoccoDirector Russell Mulcahy followed them on the GDORNR tour with a film crew and filmed both gigs and backstage footage. The live clips of BPDG and PC are from that tour. But the whole film remains unreleased as for now. Mark Evans said he has seen a two hour raw cut of it. I've read somewhere that one of the reasons the project was shelfed was lack of money. But I hope they'll release it once AC/DC has retired.

That sounds aswesome!
    What does "GDORNR" stand for?

Posted By: sfadden30I would love a double DVD package of a show from the who made who tour in 86 and BUYV tours in 88

I'd love to see that as well just to see Angus jump from the rocket in good quality!
    •  
    • Apr 16th 2016

Posted By: Rocco
    What does "GDORNR" stand

Giant Dose Of Rock'n'Roll :-)
    •  
    • Apr 16th 2016

What does "GDORNR" stand

Oh, I see! Thanks a lot, mate!
    •  
    • Apr 16th 2016

Posted By: DirtyEyes
    What does "GDORNR" stand

Oh, I see! Thanks a lot, mate!

You're welcome :-) There also used to be a rumor that they filmed one of the band members getting a blow job backstage. But this could very well be only a myth.
    • Nov 27th 2016

Always loved this one. http://en.musicplayo...
    Don't think it has been released officially.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: acadacauk
    • Nov 27th 2016

this is not a video of the band but a digital video of angus I have had for years and in my opinion I think it great.

Posted By: mkbergAlways loved this one.http://en.musicplayo...
    It was released on the third Family Jewels disc in the backtracks package.

There is an alternate It's A Long Way To The Top floating around with the band just playing on a stage that has not been released, I can't find it on youtube, but I have it on a Bon Scott
    compilation dvd. Angus has a black uniform or whatnot in that flick, been a while since I've seen it. lol.
    Search for AC/DC "The Roadie Tapes" if it's backstage (well, actually under stage) sexual activity you're looking for.
    Posted By: tomscotlandSearch for AC/DC "The Roadie Tapes" if it's backstage (well, actually under stage) sexual activity you're looking for.

Recorded at the Worcester Centrum on the Ballbreaker tour. Four songs from the show are on it too (Girls Got Rhythm, Rosie, The Jack and You Shook Me).
    i put the finger on you let there be Rock and for those about to rock in Landover 1981 weren't released for those about to rock and let there be Rock in Dublin and Toronto rocks 2003 full concert
    Among the lost early performances on Countdown, they also performed 'Love Song':

Quote below from the following website:

http://acdc-bootlegs...

"AC/DC's 4th Performance came on Countdown's 13th Episode, a week later.
    30th March 1975.
    The band performed 'Love Song'
    The reason this song was played was because it was the A-Side to their first Single with Bon.
    Bon dressed in Red Overalls."
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: gunforhire
    • Nov 27th 2016 edited

Posted By: Thegamer101135i put the finger on you let there be Rock and for those about to rock in Landover 1981 weren't released for those about to rock and let there be Rock in Dublin and Toronto rocks 2003 full concert

Those are all on YouTube. LTBR from Dublin may be incomplete but you can still watch most of it:

(The Toronto show is split into separate videos/songs).
    • Nov 27th 2016 edited

Posted By: CultureVulture
    There is an alternate It's A Long Way To The Top floating around with the band just playing on a stage that has not been released, I can't find it on youtube, but I have it on a Bon Scott compilation dvd. Angus has a black uniform or whatnot in that flick, been a while since I've seen it. lol.

Wait, what? A 3rd promo video of IALWTTT? Upload it.
    There is an alternate It's A Long Way To The Top floating around with the band just playing on a stage that has not been released, I can't find it on youtube, but I have it on a Bon Scott compilation dvd. Angus has a black uniform or whatnot in that flick, been a while since I've seen it. lol.

Wait, what? A 3rd promo video of IALWTTT? Upload it.

A fourth actually, first is the flatbedtruck, second is the one in the park and third
    is Bon in Superman Tee.

I would, but ripping the dvd, isolating that particular track and putting it up on youtube
    is a bit beyond me, sorry.
    • Nov 27th 2016 edited

Posted By: CultureVulturethird is Bon in Superman Tee
    Did that one count as a promo vid? Anyway, what is the DVD called?
    Posted By: gunforhire
    Posted By: Thegamer101135i put the finger on you let there be Rock and for those about to rock in Landover 1981 weren't released for those about to rock and let there be Rock in Dublin and Toronto rocks 2003 full concert

Those are all on YouTube. LTBR from Dublin may be incomplete but you can still watch most of it:

(The Toronto show is split into separate videos/songs).

I have the full Toronto show the audio quality is great but the video isn't let there be Rock is in 1 part here and ftatr is here but they are both incomplete
    • Nov 27th 2016

Man, Brian sound so much better in Dublin than Madrid.
    Posted By: mkbergMan, Brian sound so much better in Dublin than Madrid.https://youtu.be/bSZ...
    We need the full concert but the master tapes only had 3 surviving tracks

No, it was just a tv-show appearance. I meant released versions of the band performing that particular song. I'm not sure if this fourth flick is a promo or just a tv-show performance.

It was called the Bon-Scott Project if my memory serves, I downloaded it from a trading site a few years back. Was lot of compiled footage from fans, the 30 sec Angus in Superman costume was on it as well.
    • Nov 28th 2016

It was called the Bon-Scott Project if my memory serves, I downloaded it from a trading site a few years back. Was lot of compiled footage from fans, the 30 sec Angus in Superman costume was on it as well.

So you got the files on your computer? I found it online for $15. maybe I'll buy it.
    Nope, have not ripped it (yet anyways). Yeah, I found it too after a quick google, the track label has it as a promo, so maybe it is.
    Rest of footage is stuff mainly seen/released already though.
    •  
    • Nov 28th 2016 edited

Posted By: mkbergAlways loved this one.http://en.musicplayo...
    It was released on the third Family Jewels disc in the backtracks package.

There is an alternate It's A Long Way To The Top floating around with the band just playing on a stage that has not been released, I can't find it on youtube, but I have it on a Bon Scott
    compilation dvd. Angus has a black uniform or whatnot in that flick, been a while since I've seen it. lol.

It's on YouTube but SME have blocked all copies.
    Is it the one where there on a circular stage and Mal's wearing those fugly books?
    •  
    • Nov 28th 2016 edited

Posted By: SpellboundIs it the one where there on a circular stage and Mal's wearing those fugly books?

Yup. Here are some screenshots:

Is that not official by now? I have that somewhere. It's been on Youtube on and off before.
    • Nov 28th 2016

I sent message to a guy I know had the video some years ago. Hope he replies.
    It will pop back up eventually. I'm pretty sure I have it on VHS.