[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Feb 15th 2010

Fancy the 1st April gig at the Hammy Apollo...anyone else?
    I'm going to the O2 in Glasgow if that's any use. Me n a few others gonna have some beers before hand in the solid rock
    would love to - but seeing them in Bristol and can't justify 2 shows. Saw them six times in 08 but those days are gone, my friend....
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Feb 15th 2010

Maybe. Need to convince wife, esp after getting away with Berlin jolly.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Feb 15th 2010

Just checked dates and the Hammy gig is a school night (Thursday). Might be easier for me on a weekend and Nottingham is only an hour away. So Rock City on Sunday 11th could be for me. If Mrs Pod is feeling really appreciated at time of asking.
    Depends if they post some US dates.
    I'm on my hols on that date...shame
    might try and catch them at Newcastle on the 8th, the night before I'm going to see Bad Co
    •  
    • Feb 16th 2010

Just listened to their first album Carlos....aural pleasure...what pipes Mr Rodgers had...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Powerage
    • Feb 16th 2010

Airbourne is pretty heavily influenced by the band (do i really need to say what band). I think it was them that said "We Dont Sound like AC/DC! We Sound Like Rose Tattoo!"... yea right
    nah, they never said that. They acknowledge pretty openly that they are influenced by AC/DC. All they said was that they were also heavily influenced by The Angels and The Tatts (amongst others). To be fair, I can really hear the Tatts influence as well as the obvious DC sound. And The Angels are definitely in there too....
    •  
    • Feb 16th 2010

If I was their age and in a band, I know what it would sound like...

These boys write good riffs and at the moment decent songs...I imagine that this will improve. If not I will go along have a couple of beers and sing about Cheap Wine And Cheaper Women in the same way as I recently sang about a Rock And Roll Train...
    me too - what else would you want your band to sound like? These are good boys, I have met and chatted to them all many times and they are genuine about their love of rock n roll. Decent lads playing great rock n roll - what's not to like?
    •  
    • Feb 16th 2010

What did you have to do for the backstage pass whore?!?! ;)
    haha - I know their manager after I got talking to him about AC/DC at the Crobar pub beside the Borderline (same place me and bonlives sang Jailbreak at the top of our voices the night before the Wembley Stadium gig in June...)
    •  
    • Feb 16th 2010

Good contact!
    he is indeed, got me some signed stuff, drumsticks, picks etc. They're a proper band too - a real gang on the road, playing the music they love. Have you seen them before, Jem? I reckon you will love them....
    •  
    • Feb 16th 2010

Nope, I heard them a while back, probably soon after they had come out and just dismissed them as copyists. But I bought the album a few weeks ago, after you flagged up the new single which I really liked, and it's a proper rocking record. I think they construct excellent riffs, better than the boys in recent years for aggression and attack, and for a first record I think it is really good. Bit of humour and songs about women, drinking and rocking....what else is there? I'm looking forward to a beer fuelled rocking good time, nothing more, nothing less.
    "aggression and attack"

I love that description, mate - sums them up superbly.....
    its what TRE totally lacks ;-)

Paul Rodgers could sing the lunchtime menu at Manzil's (curry house in Morpeth where I've just been for lunch) and make it sound better than any of AC/DC's lyrics post 88
    •  
    • Feb 16th 2010

I point you sir towards Fire Your Guns and TRE itself...
    rare slivers of gold in a field of manure
    Carlos, I'm going to Manchester to see Bad Co. My fav singer ever Mr Rodgers
    Its a shame your not going to Newcastle I would've bought you a beer. Hopefully Berlin eh?
    Yeah, couldn't get decent tiks for Glasgow or Newcastle :-( I'll def rain check you on the beer 8=D