To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • May 3rd 2019

Is that one of Brian and Mal from the BIB promotional videos? Same guitar, and Brian has the same shirt and hat. I just can’t remember what shirt Mal was wearing.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • May 3rd 2019

Posted By: BrennaBIs that one of Brian and Mal from the BIB promotional videos? Same guitar, and Brian has the same shirt and hat. I just can’t remember what shirt Mal was wearing.

It probably is from one of the warm up shows they did in Benelux in June and July 1980. They also filmed the promo videos at one of these venues on a day off. But the pic itself can't be from the videos since there was no audience present at the filming.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • May 3rd 2019

The BIB promotional videos were shot in Breda at the venue Het Turfschip. They shot them the day before or after they did their try out at that place. That picture looks like a picture from one of the try out gigs in the Benelux. Could be Breda or one of the other gigs. Brian probably wore that 22 shirt a lot in those early days.
    I'm saying it; Phil was fuckin' hot back in the day. Such a shame how he ended up. He even still looked good in 2003 but all of the sudden in 2008 he looks like he's aged 20 years.

Rudd The Thud. ©️tomscotland 2019
    •  
    • May 6th 2019

• May 6th 2019

Posted By: Thankass

Wow, great pic. Never seen this one before. Do you know where or when this was taken?
    •  
    • May 6th 2019

No clue, Rocco. I would say HTH tour. It's got a bit of a Paris '79 vibe. The rare thing is that it looks like Angus is wearing a normal white t-shirt and not his standard white shirt.
    • May 6th 2019 edited

Posted By: ThankassNo clue, Rocco. I would say HTH tour. It's got a bit of a Paris '79 vibe. The rare thing is that it looks like Angus is wearing a normal white t-shirt and not his standard white shirt.

Yeah, looks definitely like the HTH tour. Also the guitar he is playing is the one he got around the time they recorded HTH, IIRC. The t-shirt thing is indeed unusual. Where did you find the pic?
    • May 6th 2019