To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: matirocker
    • Feb 24th 2015 edited

I guess we're missing this one! Shows like Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad and Arrow are amongst today's most popular TV shows. I didn't watch any of those , lol, I'm a more animation guy.

Recently got recommended to watch 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' (called Avatar: The Legend Of Aang in countries where Bender means gay) and was actually really surprised by it, it has an awesome story with great characters and it entertains despite being aimed at children. One of my favorite TV series is Batman: The Animated Series, the Batman show from the 90s. It was dark, mature and the voice acting was top notch.

More recently, I've watched a couple episodes of 'Gotham' but was not particularly hooked by it.

What TV shows do you guys enjoyed/enjoy?
    I loved breaking bad.
    Excellent topic! And not just because I was thinking of creating a similar thread during the weekend. ;)

Current favorite shows:
    1. Mad Men
    2. Game of Thrones
    3. Penny Dreadful
    4. Girls

Favorite TV shows of all time:
    1. The Sopranos
    2. Breaking Bad
    3. Six Feet Under

I've also started watching the Breaking Bad spin-off/prequel "Better Call Saul".
    Other shows that I watch on a regular basis: Masters of Sex, The Affair, The Walking Dead and Downton Abbey (What can I say? It's well done!)
    In other news, I loathe big American network dramas (CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC) with a passion!
    Posted By: BackinblackI loved breaking bad.

+1
    I keep hearing so much praise for Breakin Bad but it just doesn't drag me to watch it. Maybe one day I will and I'll get hooked. But I don't hear it calling me , lol
    Posted By: matirockerI keep hearing so much praise for Breakin Bad but it just doesn't drag me to watch it. Maybe one day I will and I'll get hooked. But I don't hear it calling me , lol

Have you watched the pilot episode? It's probably one of the best pilot episodes in the history of television!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Backinblack
    • Feb 24th 2015 edited

Hell ya. I bought all the seasons and me and my friends have a breaking bad marathon every now and than
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Johnnysg
    • Feb 24th 2015

Gotham
    Family guy
    American dad
    South park
    Big bang theory
    I like the animated series batman as well my bro got the complete boxset for xmas like 2 years and weve been going through it, pretty cool. The movies phantom and subzero were cool as well
    What about the old 80s TMNT tv show. That thing kicks ass
    Posted By: BackinblackWhat about the old 80s TMNT tv show. That thing kicks ass

Let me guess you were also a Masters of the Universe fan?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 24th 2015

Only 1 alltime favorite: Beavis and Butthead. LMAO
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Feb 24th 2015

I just enjoyed Broen or The Bridge. Two Seasons. Very good TV show from Denmark/Sweden. I think season 3 is coming this year. http://www.imdb.com/...

And I also see Vikings. http://www.imdb.com/...
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

Never heared of it
    •  
    • Feb 24th 2015

I liked it a lot, but when the voice of shredder changed, it annoyed me so much!
    Me too. But oh well still a kick ass show
    Posted By: Backinblack
    Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

Never heared of it

Sorry, the full name of the show was "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe".
    Still never hear of it. I've heard of He man but never watched the show
    Posted By: BackinblackStill never hear of it. I've heard of He man but never watched the show

Lucky you. I even had the displeasure of seeing part of the live action movie.
    That sounds scary to see lol
    Avatar is a great animated series. I loved it, every day before I went to school Nickelodeon aired a new episode.
    I'm watching The thick of It at the moment. Peter Capaldi is brilliant as Malcolm tucker. And I'm really looking forward to season three of House of Cards which starts on friday.

Married witch children is not the best tv show ever made but it is my favourite.
    Really loving Better Call Saul. Dare I say it's just as good as Breaking Bad.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Feb 24th 2015

Posted By: MissConfidentialReally loving Better Call Saul. Dare I say it's just as good as Breaking Bad.
    Love Game of Thrones. I like how they keep all the various regional British and Euro accents as it really gives the show a sense of size.

Breaking Bad I couldn't really get into. Watched the first episode but it didn't really do anything for me. I need to give it a proper go.

I also really enjoyed LOST despite it going a bit crazy towards the end.

First two seasons of Prison Break were amazing. Third and fourth not so much but I still enjoyed it.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Feb 25th 2015

Fargo - series? I have it cued, I should watch it instead of asking around, but anyway, has anyone seen it? comments?
    Posted By: Johnnysg
    I like the animated series batman as well my bro got the complete boxset for xmas like 2 years and weve been going through it, pretty cool. The movies phantom and subzero were cool as well

If you liked it, you should check out the other series that are in the same continuity, like Batman Beyond and the Justice Legue series. All under the same creator, and all excellent material.

Posted By: youngrockerAvatar is a great animated series. I loved it, every day before I went to school Nickelodeon aired a new episode.

Funny, I was about 11 or 12 when the show first came out and it never interested me. I always dismissed it as a silly kid's show or whatever. I just watched the hole show in a few weeks being almost 21 and was really surprised by it. I think I'll watch the sequel series, Korra, now.
    Any Big Bang Theory fans? The first seasons were amazing, but since the series focused more on the girls and it became all about having a relationship or not, it's been kinda dull. I think I stopped watching mid season 6. Just didn't laugh anymore, luckily once or twice in an episode.
    •  
    • Feb 25th 2015

Posted By: matirockerAny Big Bang Theory fans? The first seasons were amazing, but since the series focused more on the girls and it became all about having a relationship or not, it's been kinda dull. I think I stopped watching mid season 6. Just didn't laugh anymore, luckily once or twice in an episode.

Yeah i wrote bbt above :) its hilarious but i dont know what seasons ive seen so i couldnt tell what season i liked/didnt like but i find the show hilarious!!
    I've the first 3 seasons of it. It's pretty funny
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Feb 25th 2015

I'm enjoying Better Call Saul, but a lot of the tension that Breaking Bad had is missing. You already know Saul, Mikey, Tuco and anyone else who turns up from BB in this is going to be just fine, while in BB anyone could die at any moment.
    My parents would always watch the old retro shows when I was growing up, so I grew to love those(I wonder where I got my musical preferences from...). I would say my favorite is probably Hogan's Heroes. I also like the American westerns form the 1960's. Can't beat The Rifleman
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Feb 26th 2015

First season of Prison Break was awesome.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Feb 26th 2015 edited

There's so many great tv shows out there right now: Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Sons of Anarchy, House of Cards, Teen Wolf , True Detective are just the first that spring to mind. My favorites from the past are The Simpsons, Roseanne, Dexter, The IT Crowd, King Of Queens, Married … with children, The Muppet Show, The Munsters, The Adams Family and Batman (the one from the 60ties).
    Just finished watching Daredevil; highly recommended. It shows just how good this show is when a fat guy in a suit can be far more scary and intimidating considering how much more technically powerful Loki, Thanos and the like are.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jul 23rd 2015 edited

I am a box set nut!!

One that hasn't been mentioned that is un-missable is Peaky Blinders. Cracking stuff!

Edit -Gotham is also excellent
    Posted By: azelEdit -Gotham is also excellent

I tried to get into that but the characters weren't compelling enough for me and the tone changed far too often. Should I give it another go?
    I was a big fan of The Shield, then after that Sons of Anarchy.Sons has good music as well .
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jul 23rd 2015

Posted By: gunforhire
    Posted By: azelEdit -Gotham is also excellent

I tried to get into that but the characters weren't compelling enough for me and the tone changed far too often. Should I give it another go?

How far did you get? It kinda trickled along for a while but grabbed me around episode 6 or 7.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jul 23rd 2015

Last things I watched were Vikings and Penny Dreadful.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: CliffFIN
    • Jul 23rd 2015

Best ever:
    - Seinfeld
    - Simpsons
    - King of the Hill
    - The Office (UK especially, but US is ok too)
    - Prison Break (1st season especially, they could have milked one good season more with the internation prison thing, but the Scylla hunt was way off par)

Haven't really watched any recent TV series, Office US was the last one I really was into and watched all the episodes.
    • Jul 23rd 2015

Currently rewatching The Thick of It. Peep Show aside it's probably the last truly decent comedy the UK produced.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: recimo
    • Jul 23rd 2015

Mr Robot, a new series which is great in my opinion.
    http://www.imdb.com/...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rikha
    • Jul 23rd 2015

I enjoyed The Big Bang Theory up to the 5th or 6th season until it became boring (agree with Mati).

Breaking Bad was a great show, highly recommended. I kinda like The Walking Dead.

Seinfeld, the best of them all.
    I also watched Daredevil , last month. It was excellent, I keep recommending it to everyone I know, it's a very well done show. I stopped watching Gotham at one point, it's just not good, other than Gordon and Bullock.
    • AC/DC rock music: 0x13
    • Jul 23rd 2015 edited

Currently watching:
    - Halt and Catch Fire, Masters of Sex, Ray Donovan, The Honourable Woman

Shows that are in between seasons:
    - Silicon Valley, Black Sails, Spotless, Girls, Continuum, Better Call Saul, Portlandia, Attack Of The Titans

Other TV series that I enjoyed:
    - The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, The IT Crowd, The A-Team, Tour Of Duty, Star Trek: The Original Series, The X-Files, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock

++ lots of others that I can't remember at the moment
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jul 23rd 2015

Current:
    Bed and Breakfast UK

Recent past:
    Beavis and Butthead
    King of the Hill
    Game of Thrones
    Mr Bean

Old Fart past:
    Not the nine o'clock news
    Doctor Who
    Battlestar Galactica
    Buck Rogers
    Space 99
    The Twilight Zone
    Blake's Seven
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rosie78
    • Jul 23rd 2015

Currently: Hannibal...the best series ever after Game of Thrones.

Past: Sons of Anarchy, Sopranos, Vikings, Salem, Millennium, X-Files, Damages, Game of Thrones and Six Feet Under.
    • Jul 23rd 2015

Couldn't get into Hannibal. Started watching it after True Detective and it didn't grip me like that one did. Might give it another go. The second series if True Detective is not very good at all.
    1. IT Crowd! - It's my favourite! (UK Version obviously, the US and German remakes are pants) (Also, Jen is smoking hot. Damn.)
    2. Breaking Bad - (About to finish season 4) It's hardcore shit, love it :D
    3. Anything with Jeremy Clarkson! I'm not saying TopGear because he is no longer in it and Chris Evans is a wanker.
    4. Family Guy
    5. My Name Is Earl
    Must be for the younger crowd.......the shows I watched are way before the times of a majority of you. For animation, I used to love Scooby-Doo until Scrappy came along. I rarely grow tired of that show. They also had some pretty neat cartoons called Dungeons and Dragons and I even liked Kidd Video. Of course there were the old standbys, the Jetsons and the Flintstones. I loved the Looney Tune cartoons as long as they didn't edit them for violence, etc. Captain Caveman was pretty neat.

For adult shows, I loved Magnum P.I., Rockford Files, The A-Team, Riptide, Dukes of Hazzard, The Incredible Hulk, Star Trek, Doctor Who (which wasn't very fashionable at the time like it is now), Hitchhiker's Space Guide to the Galaxy, Dallas (which my mother watched, but I got into), and a host of others that I'm sure I've forgotten.

I always like the Mutual of Omaha shows, Jacque Cousteau, documentaries, and other stuff like that.

Like I said, way before the time of most of you.

I have a question for you Mati. I've said it before, but your grasp of English is top notch. Do you use English television shows to help further your understanding of the English language? Do they teach it in the schools there where you live? Do you dream in English? Just curious.
    Last shows I watched was Dexter, Scrubs, and currently waiting for another season of Sunny in Philly.