To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: CliffFIN
    • Jan 5th 2015 edited

ACDCfans.net meet up
    Concert: Hameenlinna, Finland - July 22nd 2015
    Time: Gates open at 3PM (other timetables TBA)
    Venue: Kantola Event Park, www.kantolaan.fi (new venue, AC/DC is the first concert: venue holds 50 000)
    Directions: Around 1h from Helsinki, easily reached by train - train and bus stations nearby, ask me or consult the webpage for more info
    Facebook event: https://www.facebook...
    Special instructions: TBA
    Event web page: www.acdcfinland.fi
    Attendees: CliffFIN, MisterAdventure, Nick Bone, HOOTSKATIE, tnpee, Nutcraker, GlebKul, Sam1

•  
    • Jan 22nd 2015

I might be up for this and Sweden, and lets see what else. Anyone else?
    I'm going there, I live in Finland.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Nick Bone
    • Jan 23rd 2015

I´m going also, I live in Finland too.
    Hi Having a 10 day trip from Scotland Taking in Copenhagen train to Stockholm then flying to Helsinki, Managed to get tickets for Sweden and Finland,but not Denmark , Will see them in Barcelona before that,in May then home show Glasgow in June. Never been to Finland,so might need some company always happy to meet for a beer and Jack. Just watched the Steve and Seagulls Thunderstruck cover on Youtube If the Finns are all like this it should be nuts. We salute you!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jan 28th 2015

Someone want to take ownership of this thread and keep things up to date?
    •  
    • Jan 28th 2015

Yup! I can do that, no prob.
    So this one isn´t sold out yet? How many attendees takes this place? 40000?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jan 28th 2015

CliffFIN - all yours mate, cheers. Any questions, let me know
    •  
    • Jan 28th 2015

Thanks! No prob, anytime!

The venue holds 50 000, around 40 000 is the rumored amount sold. It will be exotic, as it is about 1hour from Helsinki and the very first concert ever at the venue. So most likely parking, services and other infrastructure will be...chaotic. Hope I'm wrong, but so many bad examples from the past from 1st tries.
    The venue is brand new, this concert will be the first one held in there so i think (and hope) they are prepared for this.
    What type of venue is it? Stadium, field?
    •  
    • Jan 28th 2015 edited

It is some sort of field. No seating at all. But there has been alot building work going on, and I guess they are meaning to get more big events there in the future. So they've build infrastructure there, but a total question mark.

But a nice location, lake front and not that far from the city. It is easily reached by train (quickest from Helsinki and by then the train service from Helsinki airport is up and running also). Bus is also a option, but train is by far the better choice.

A short video clip of the venue

And their web page
    Www.kantolaan.fi
    I am not a big fan of open fields but location wise it looks great.
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2015

Did a few updates, added the event web page and attendees etc.

Come guys, come to Finland. There are tickets available and Finnair/SAS/Norwegian has cheap flights to Helsinki from all over Europe. For example flying to Helsinki from the earlier shows in Stockholm or Oslo is amazingly cheap (starting at 39€ one way), if booked early. So why not add one more show to your tour!

OR if you are feeling ready for some exotic cruising, you can use the Stockholm - Helsinki ferry service from Viking Line or Silja Line. Again really cost effective. It takes a bit more time, but there is 3 days between Stockholm and Finland shows, so it is a viable option.

You can also use Ryanair to fly to Tampere airport from many locations in Europe, it is also only 1 hour away from the venue!
    Taking the old volvo and going with the ferry made it quite interesting actually. A little camping trip.
    •  
    • Mar 31st 2015 edited

Hey there all you middle men Throw away your fancy clothes!

And cmon cmon, there are still tickets to this show. Come on and visit the majestic town of Hämeenlinna. It's gonna be crazy, you're gonna love it. You're going to hear The Jack (I guarantee it!) and some of you lucky ones might get The Jack after the show - not a guarantee.
    Posted By: CliffFINHey there all you middle men Throw away your fancy clothes!

And cmon cmon, there are still tickets to this show. Come on and visit the majestic town of Hämeenlinna. It's gonna be crazy, you're gonna love it. You're going to hear The Jack (I guarantee it!) and some of you lucky ones might get The Jack after the show - not a guarantee.

That place looks great even though i am not a fan of open field gigs. Do you know how many tickets they have sold? I heard that it takes up to 50000 people. They usually play olympic stadium so it can´t be so many tickets left.
    • AC/DC rock music: tnpee
    • Mar 31st 2015

I live in Finland and will definately be attending.
    •  
    • Mar 31st 2015

About 45 000 tickets have been sold, so it should be a nice event. The venue looks good indeed.
    •  
    • Apr 7th 2015

So we now have five forum members attending, ugh that's too low.
    I'll be there!
    •  
    • Apr 8th 2015

Oh yes! Six forum members! There is still time!
    •  
    • Jun 12th 2015 edited

Hey hey hey!

48 000 tickets out of 50 000 sold. So it will be sold out, now is your chance to do a little summer trippy with a stiffy upper lippy. Welcome!

I know i've had this on another thread, but for those who want to be acquainted with the support act for this gig, here you go!! Enjoy the gig!!
    •  
    • Jul 12th 2015

Hey. Make this stick. It's about time the boys hit Finland again! Super excited. Still 1000 to 2000 tickets around, of the 50000 so be welcomed. Still cheap flights from RyanAir available to Tampere (1h) away from many locations and Helsinki is also 1hour away.

I'm so in, are you?
    • AC/DC rock music: GlebKul
    • Jul 14th 2015

Hello!

Could you help me. I've read that I can't take tablet computer and SLR-camera to the concert. Partly I understand rule about SLR-camera, but very strange that I can't take tablet computer. I will come to the concert from another country and I can't leave things somewhere. Maybe somebody has experience about that? Is it difficult to take tablet to the concert?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Sam1
    • Jul 14th 2015

There will be a cloakroom where you can leave your belongigns. Costs 5 euros. http://www.acdcfinla...

Yeah I'll be there too. Can't wait anymore!
    •  
    • Jul 14th 2015

Superb! Now the main question is: Why ain't this sticky yet! Week to go.
    lying in hotel room in copenhagen at moment still trying to get roskilde ticket barmaid at australian bar says there were lots a few days ago, i,m not to bothered as i have the stockholm and hameenlinna tickets ,i,ll be in hameenlinna day before as managed to get hotel room .after concert i,ll go to the afterparty till the early hrs and have a train back to helsinki at around 1;30 in the morning.
    •  
    • Jul 15th 2015

Cool. You're staying at Hameenlinna? Exotic choice as Helsinki is so nearby. But cozy little city anyways. See you on the 22nd. I'll have my Heatseeker shirt on!
    • AC/DC rock music: tnpee
    • Jul 17th 2015 edited

Saw boys at Barcelona. Band was really energetic and it was really great experience. An I think that it was the biggest gig that I have attended since there was 60,000 people. I live in Finland so it's obvious that going to Hämeenlinna. It's my 7th time to see the band. Hopefully they are adding dates for next year and will come to Helsinki Olympic Stadium aswell.
    • AC/DC rock music: edmc
    • Jul 17th 2015 edited

Hi all first trip to Finland next week going to be a good one!

Any idea how prepared I should be for waterlogged/muddy ground as I can see it's been a bit stormy.

Not wanting to put a dampener on affairs no pun intended but what are the chances of a mudbath of the proportions I am used to at British outdoor gigs. Wondering if I will need head to toe waterproofs, wellies and a change of socks in the clockroom.
    •  
    • Jul 20th 2015

No idea on the venue and its landscape. It is the first event there, but the whole venue has been built to hold such outdoor events so I hope that the mud factor will not be Glastonbury style if it rains but of course soil is soil, so better be prepared. Hopefully it will not rain. I for one hate cloakrooms, so Ill check the weather in the morning and go with that info.

I don't know when the boys will arrive in Finland but I've heard they'll be staying in Helsinki - so they'll not just come directly to the gig from Stockholm.

Can't wait! High Voltage!
    • AC/DC rock music: edmc
    • Jul 20th 2015

Walking boots it is then.

Cheers Cliff
    • AC/DC rock music: Rascal
    • Jul 20th 2015

Hi Folks,
    as I mentioned in "Buy/Sell/Swap"....I am not able unfortunately to attend the show in Finland. I sell my E-TICKET for half price.
    If someone of you has not a tic yet please let me know.

I would have liked stay in the middle of a crowd made of blond rocking girls.

Just for curiosity: I heard many people complaining about the venue? Why?
    •  
    • Jul 20th 2015

Well I say it is too early to complain about the venue as it hasn't been used yet. But the location is a bit on the naah side. But lets see how it works out, first times usually go badly - you know what Im saying right? Gosh that could be a Young/Young song theme.
    The concert seems to be in the Finnish woods :) in the middle of nowhere. Not the typical Olympic stadium gig they usually do.
    But i think it looks great on the pictures.
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Jul 21st 2015

There are still tickets available for this show?
    Must be the only show that didn`t sell out.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Tino
    • Jul 21st 2015

Posted By: shockerThere are still tickets available for this show?
    Must be the only show that didn`t sell out.

ACDCFinland.fi gave me this: http://www.lippupalv...
    prices start at 86,50€
    •  
    • Jul 21st 2015

Yeah its because of the location. If it would be in Helsinki it would be sold out. Ok its only an hour away but its the first time the venue is used, the parking seems shady etc. And its even a few kilometers from the Hameelinna city center. So I see it as an amazing result that it has sold 49 000/50 000 so far.
    •  
    • Jul 21st 2015

Organizers just said that there is only a handful of tickets left and they do not expect to have any left for the gates. So it looks to be another sold-out show!

It also said that many people have been asking about VIP tickets or areas, but there is none available as ACDC have prohibited such as they want everyone to get the same show and same view. That's the way to do it, they could milk a ton of extra cash from crap like that and meet&greets.

Also it wad mentioned that ACDC have requested extremely little on their raider. Just privacy and comfy chairs. Really down to earth stuff and very little food wise as well, as they have their own catering team.
    • AC/DC rock music: Shannoon
    • Jul 22nd 2015 edited

Slight OT. But i was at their hotel yesterday and scored some autograps and brian grabbed my head and kissed me on the forehead :) after i told him im from hämeenlinna. He was in a good mood, a bit drunk i think ;) I'm a guy, so i wasnt expecting any kisses from the band :D
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Saik0
    • Jul 22nd 2015

Posted By: ShannoonSlight OT. But i was at their hotel yesterday and scored some autograps and brian grabbed my head and kissed me on the forehead :) after i told him im from hämeenlinna. He was in a good mood, a bit drunk i think ;) I'm a guy, so i wasnt expecting any kisses from the band :D

How cool is that! Should laminate your forehead now!
    •  
    • Jul 22nd 2015

Greeting from the venue! The concert if officially sold out (55 000 was the total amount sold, with 5000 tickets sold to outside of Finland), so no tickets left at the entrance. The place seems nice, but the traffic is chaotic and theres still 4½ hours to go until the 1st warm-upper starts.

Will take a few photos for the Tourbook later on.

How cool is this! Bring it on boys, bring it on! 9PM is the showtime.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Tino
    • Jul 22nd 2015

so apparently the gig is going to be live-streamed here! http://yle.fi/uutise...
    the warm-up bands are playing in 20 minutes and the boys will be there in 2 hours and 20 minutes
    •  
    • Jul 22nd 2015

Santa Crap just started
    •  
    • Jul 22nd 2015

The stream is mainly for the pre party only some snippets from the gates
    Posted By: CliffFINThe stream is mainly for the pre party only some snippets from the gates

Still nice. I am going to open a couple of cold ones and joining in in spirit =)
    •  
    • Jul 22nd 2015

Cool. Santa Cruz sure seem to like Motley as they've even copied the mega gay pre recorded background vocals'. Ugh I hate bands that use em, sing freakin live or bust.