To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jan 5th 2015 edited

ACDCfans.net meet up
    Concert: Gelsenkirchen, Germany - July 12th 2015
    Time: TBA
    Venue: TBA
    Directions: TBA
    Facebook event: TBA
    Special instructions: TBA
    Attendees:

• AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Apr 14th 2015

I ordered ticket for this show yesterday.
    • AC/DC rock music: Raff
    • May 1st 2015

Pre show beers at Charlys Schalker beergarden, 5 mins. walk from the Stadium.

http://www.der-schal...

•  
      AC/DC rock music: morevish
    • May 3rd 2015

Thanks, looks good to me!
    From what time onwards?

Further, seems that parking should be no problem and that there is (at least with football matches, according to the Arena's website) a well-designed parking plan.
    • May 4th 2015

we will be there fom around 14:00

yes, plenty of parking space, but getting away from there by car is a mess...might take some 60-90 mins. just to leave the parkng area
    • May 4th 2015

How far is it from the main train station to the stadium?

I plan to find a hotel in Dusseldorf.
    •  
    • May 4th 2015

OK, thanks for the info. I will be staying in a hotel in Recklinghausen, not too far from Gelsenkirchen by car, but by public transport it might be a hassle, I guess.
    • May 4th 2015

Posted By: shockerHow far is it from the main train station to the stadium?

I plan to find a hotel in Dusseldorf.

Düsseldorf is a good place to stay (lots of pubs in the old town, check out “Engel” which plays a lot of hard rock music and they have a miniature Hells Bell hidden above the bar and they pull it out at midnight and play the song loud).
    From Düsseldorf there a lots of connections to Gelsenkirchen, some directly, for some connections you have to change in Essen. From Gelsenkirchen main station take the tram 302 to Veltins Arena. Last train from Gelsenkirchen main station via Essen to Düsseldorf at 0:39 which is plenty of time as curfew is at 23:00 at the Arena. Before buying the train tickets go to the DB information counter at Düsseldorf Central and show them your concert ticket, at least a part of the train ride should be free with this.
    • May 4th 2015 edited

Posted By: morevishOK, thanks for the info. I will be staying in a hotel in Recklinghausen, not too far from Gelsenkirchen by car, but by public transport it might be a hassle, I guess.

Way better to use public transport ! As described above, most of the journey should be free with the concert ticket (ask at Information desk at the Station), jurney from Recklinghausen to the stadium takes 50 min., from Gelsenirchen main station take tram 302 to Veltins Arena. Last train back to Recklingshausen from Gelsenkirchen main Station via Herne at 0:54.
    •  
    • May 4th 2015

I'll be close to the station in Recklinghausen, so public transport might be a good option. Thanks again for this detailed info!
    • May 4th 2015

public transport is very good in Germany.
    Posted By: RaffPre show beers at Charlys Schalker beergarden, 5 mins. walk from the Stadium.

http://www.der-schal...

Nice Link -LOL-, as a webdesigner I designed that site while working at that responsible web-agency. A real nice location, hopefully in july. You can watch the training sessions with a nice cold one...

The "Schalke Arena" is also the location where the reorganised "Rock am Ring Festival" will take place in May (KISS, MUSE, METALLICA, JUDAS PRIEST etc.)

As Raff said, from "Gelsenkirchen Main Station" there is the 302 Tram as well as from "Gelsenkirchen-Buer-Rathaus" (if you coming from Recklinghausen it's closer!). You don't have to travel to Gelsenkirchen Main Station first!
    •  
    • May 6th 2015

thanks guys, useful info. For those who were lucky to see the Arnhem gig yesterday, I am sure you enjoyed and rocked the Gelredome!

By the way, how's the acoustics in Veltins Arena, any idea? I will be in the stands (Gazprom-Tribune, Oberrang).
    Question, I wonder what time the doors open at the concert, this time I want to be front row, like really front row. I've seen things passing by but can't find it back. Thanks!
    • Jun 10th 2015

Posted By: Robin_AC/DCQuestion, I wonder what time the doors open at the concert, this time I want to be front row, like really front row. I've seen things passing by but can't find it back. Thanks!

Doors open 16:00
    Posted By: Raff
    Posted By: Robin_AC/DCQuestion, I wonder what time the doors open at the concert, this time I want to be front row, like really front row. I've seen things passing by but can't find it back. Thanks!

Doors open 16:00

Thanks!
    Any questions? How to visit Aalten maybe?
    • Jun 21st 2015

For those who lives or have visited this area, which nearby city do you think is best to stay in for a few days? Gelsenkirchen seems like a small town and has not much more to offer than this concert.
    I`m coming from Amsterdam by train and leaving by flight from Dusseldorf so Dusseldorf could be a good choice. But Duisburg is also a big city and is close to both Dusseldorf Airport and Gelsenkirchen.
    • Jun 21st 2015 edited

Posted By: shockerFor those who lives or have visited this area, which nearby city do you think is best to stay in for a few days? Gelsenkirchen seems like a small town and has not much more to offer than this concert.
    I`m coming from Amsterdam by train and leaving by flight from Dusseldorf so Dusseldorf could be a good choice. But Duisburg is also a big city and is close to both Dusseldorf Airport and Gelsenkirchen.

Düsseldorf is the best choice. Just check out the old town with lots of great bars serving the special bitter ("Altbier"). The Angel bar ("Engel") recommended for good rock music. 45 mins. by local trains to Gelsenkirchen, by far the best place to stay.
    True. in Düsseldorf go to the old town and visit the rhine terraces, museums, shops, markets, it's all nearby.

For a nice beer:
    Brewery "Im Füchschen"
    Adress: Ratinger Str. 28 - 40213 Düsseldorf

A good place to visit is the famous "Ratinger Hof" where the punk scene was located in the 70/80s. Bands like "Die Toten Hosen","Kraftwerk", "DAF - Deutsch Amerikanische Freundschaft", "999", "Die KRUPPS" and many more played there.
    It's now called "Stone" but maybe closed...
    Adress: Ratinger Hof - Ratinger Str. 10 - Düsseldorf Altstadt

For those who are interested in "KRAFTWERK" go to the "KlingKlang Studio" where the band recorded all albums. Right now the band has choosen a different place, but it's history.
    Adress: Mintropstr. 16, not far from the main train station. Look for the "Elektro Müller" shield, it's inside.
    • Jun 22nd 2015

ok, it`s Duisburg vs Dusseldorf but I`ll go for Dusseldorf then.
    Many good hotels in the centrum to choose from.
    Düsseldorf is an amazing place, was there during a concert of the Stones last year, one of the best nights (was there a weekend) I've ever had.
    • AC/DC rock music: sjmfx
    • Jul 1st 2015

Hi,

Coming in from India to Dusseldorf and trying to catch the Gelsenkirchen show. Did the tickets get sold out or have they been made not available for the time-being only ? Open to catching a ride from Dusseldorf if anyone has a car on 12th afternoon and back - if there is a space at all ! Thanks !
    Rock or Bust my metalheads \m/

- Sunil
    Posted By: sjmfxComing in from India to Dusseldorf and trying to catch the Gelsenkirchen show. Did the tickets get sold out or have they been made not available for the time-being only ?

Think it's sold out right now.

Countdown to a new setlist:

1. Live Wire
    2. Rock or Bust
    3. Who made who
    4. Sink the Pink
    5. Play Ball
    6. What do you do for Money Honey
    7. Ballbreaker
    8. Bad Boy boogie (strip)
    9. Walk all over you
    10. Have a drink on me
    11. Bedlam in Belgium
    12. Touch too Much
    13. Fly on the Wall

Encore 1:
    14. RiffRaff
    15. Hells bells
    16. You shook me
    17. This means war

Encore2:
    17. Sin City
    18. Highway to Hell
    19. High Voltage (long)
    20. Let there be Rock
    21. It's a long way
    21. For those about to rock
    Posted By: sjmfxHi,

Coming in from India to Dusseldorf and trying to catch the Gelsenkirchen show. Did the tickets get sold out or have they been made not available for the time-being only ? Open to catching a ride from Dusseldorf if anyone has a car on 12th afternoon and back - if there is a space at all ! Thanks !
    Rock or Bust my metalheads \m/

- Sunil

Definitely possible to purchase tickets outside the venue, but those would be more expensive than the original price, varying according to demand.
    is anyone driving back to dusseldorf or cologne after the show ?
    Anyone knows what times the gates go open for the field!? Want to be front front front row! Someone got any tips?
    Doors open at 4pm.

http://www.veltins-a...
    •  
    • Jul 12th 2015

Checked in in the hotel, so preparing to go to the stadium. Anyone at Der Schalker this afternoon?
    • Jul 12th 2015

Couldn't make it to Der Schalker. Too much people around. I'm now in the arena just 5 meters from the stage.
    youngrocker, beware of the "deniers"!
    Posted By: shockerCouldn't make it to Der Schalker. Too much people around. I'm now in the arena just 5 meters from the stage.

Is it a huge place? What side of the stage?
    • Jul 12th 2015

I am on Cliff's side.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jul 12th 2015

Take pics shocker
    •  
    • Jul 12th 2015

Posted By: shockerCouldn't make it to Der Schalker. Too much people around. I'm now in the arena just 5 meters from the stage.

Even me couldn't make it, too many people and shit weather this afternoon, didn't feel walking that way and went into the stadium instead.
    Now back in the hotel, hope to write some impressions whn I get back home tomorrow.
    In short, though, my daughter and I enjoyed the gig, from begining to end. Ambience, at least in the stands where we were, was a bit tame in my opinion. Seems I was the only one rocking my ass off....other people sem busy geting up and down to get their beers, missing part of the show. My personal highlights: Sin City, High Voltage, SDIF and BiB.
    •  
    • Jul 12th 2015

And wish to add that it wasn't that loud, at least where we were, high up. Maybe in front of the stage you would be blown away, but in my case I didn't use my earplugs...
    Back home. same setlist.
    They turned up the volume to Play Ball unbelievable high. The crowd went crazy. It was such a great stomper Booaahh! Great.

No mistakes so far, as i can remember. Baptism was a really downer. No response with the crowd. Let there be rock was definitely longer. And the canons...my god...blasting loud. videos follow.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Jul 13th 2015 edited

So, after Arnhem and Cologne, this was my third and last Ac/Dc concert in 2015.

Damn, it was once again great. Angus seems to be really quite in a good mood, looks like he had a really great time. Brian seems to have some "In-Ear monitor" problems during "Rosie" but still deliverd, i don't have to praise Brian once again, you all know how good he still is, hands down.

What else to say, of course, same Setlist. And yes, LTBR solo seems to be a little bit longer.
    At the breakdown of High Voltage, Angus lay down his guitar, undressed the jacket and was a bit playin' with the audience without the guitar. At first it seems like he would do the strip, but he didn't. He grab back his guitar back and was scratching with his tie over the strings. As i said before, he looks like he really had a lot of fun yesterday.
    The sound was brilliant where i was standing, not to loud (so that it only roars), but really not to quiet. Just great.

So, now i'm waiting for a second europe leg in 2016! Raff, any new information about that?
    And everyone who's still going, have fun dudes...

Ac/Dc for life...

Side Note: I was there with a few people, one of them was not a big Ac/Dc fan. He didn't know about songs like Sin City, Have a drink on me, Shot down in flames, Hell ain't a bad place to be...
    After the concert i talked to him and he said: "Great concert, they played all the hits except Moneytalks"
    • Jul 13th 2015

Fantastic good concert from start to finish. The only thing to complain about is the crowd. Many were bussy filming the with cell phones while other didn't do anything at all. People standing that close to the stage without even clapping or singing along is just ridiculous. But the band delivered a hell of a performance. What a blast that show was. Vintage Trouble was a great bonus. I need to listen more to this band when I get home. A couple of songs were outstanding. That singer is also a great showman.
    • Jul 13th 2015

Morevish, wich side on the stage did you go?
    I actually think we stood togheter in the line outside.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngrocker
    • Jul 13th 2015 edited

Posted By: shockerFantastic good concert from start to finish. The only thing to complain about is the crowd. Many were bussy filming the with cell phones while other didn't do anything at all. People standing that close to the stage without even clapping or singing along is just ridiculous. But the band delivered a hell of a performance. What a blast that show was. Vintage Trouble was a great bonus. I need to listen more to this band when I get home. A couple of songs were outstanding. That singer is also a great showman.

The crowd was lame last night. Compared to Wembley it felt like the crowd were going to a funeral.
    I think all crowds in Germany looks quite lame. They come in droves to see the boys but they are very reserved.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jul 13th 2015

Posted By: WholelottatobeI think all crowds in Germany looks quite lame. They come in droves to see the boys but they are very reserved.
    Maybe to disciplined? A culture thing...
    Posted By: WholelottatobeI think all crowds in Germany looks quite lame. They come in droves to see the boys but they are very reserved.

Bullshit. Of course they are lame but they are not drunk and they listen very very carefully.

They want to see and hear the concert and what happens with the band in these days.
    Remember the sales mate.

If you want screeming drunk partying teenies go to south america or eastern europe. False starts, wrong vocals, technical problems, who cares...
    You shook me rosie.

Some nice girls from Brighton UK, aged 26 and 31 just beside me told me right after that this gig was far more better than "wembley shit.."

videos coming today! Stay tuned.
    Motherfuckers lets don't argue about quality. it was so fuckin loud, especially the bass drum and stevies guitar... Some differences between my CAM and phone

crowd: with nearly 60.000 the arena was sold out

Play Ball - recorded with CAM

Let there be Rock snippet - Recorded with phone

Highway to Hell / For those about to Rock - Recorded with phone
    Man, that was my second time this year and they are fucking great!
    Went with my mom (not a fan) and she had a great time, she liked my gift and she'd like to see them again some time (except the ltbr solo).

Crowd was a bit tame, but all great people that enjoyed themselves.
    •  
    • Jul 13th 2015

Posted By: shockerMorevish, wich side on the stage did you go?
    I actually think we stood togheter in the line outside.

Shocker, I wasn't on the ground, but on the 'tribune', block 47.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: gunforhire
    • Jul 13th 2015 edited

This photo would make for an amazing live album cover (shared on the official FB page)