To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Dec 17th 2014 edited

ACDCfans.net meet up
    Concert: Arnhem, The Netherlands - 5 May 2015
    Time: TBA
    Venue: TBA
    Directions: TBA
    Facebook event: https://www.facebook...
    Special instructions: TBA
    Attendees: azel

•  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Dec 17th 2014

* raises hand
    • AC/DC rock music: Roccar
    • Dec 17th 2014

Awesome! Am going to the gig on my own, so would be great to meet some other AC/DC addicts and have a few beers before the gig!
    Yeah i am there. Just trying to figure out the easiest way to get there. Dusseldorf maybe, and then train or bus?
    • AC/DC rock music: Virp
    • Dec 17th 2014

Tobe:

Easiest/cheapest is from dusseldorf (Weeze) and than take a direct shuttle bus to Arnhem. Price depends on the amount of people that join in the minibus: http://www.airport-w...

Another easy option is from Schiphol (Amsterdam) and than take a direct train. Price of flying to Schiphol is often more expensive than to dusseldorf (Weeze)
    Posted By: VirpTobe:

Easiest/cheapest is from dusseldorf (Weeze) and than take a direct shuttle bus to Arnhem. Price depends on the amount of people that join in the minibus:http://www.airport-w...

Another easy option is from Schiphol (Amsterdam) and than take a direct train. Price of flying to Schiphol is often more expensive than to dusseldorf (Weeze)

I actually found a better price to Amsterdam right now with Norwegian air from Stockholm. Was thinking of a couple of days in Amsterdam before going to Arnhem. Never been to Amsterdam either so i could make this to a mini vacation.
    • AC/DC rock music: Bigfoot
    • Dec 17th 2014

Keep in mind that the Weeze (Ryanair) airport is not close to Duesseldorf.

D-dorf has a big international airport itself too, but flights can be more expensive (but often cheap too)
    • AC/DC rock music: GShootin
    • Dec 22nd 2014

Tickets landed this afternoon
    Posted By: GShootinTickets landed this afternoon

Good stuff. I´ve got my ugly pdf.

Where will you be stayin? I am at Best Western from tuesday, and two nights in Amsterdam prior to that.
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2015

Flying in to Amsterdam early doors on the 5th, and will be shooting straight to Arnhem by train and dumping bags at the "Dutch Hotel".
    If anyone fancies a beer or two, give me a shout and we can exchange numbers.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Riekuzz
    • Jan 4th 2015

So are there any dutch people around here who going to Arnhem? I got the feeling Im the only one.. Lol
    I'm in Riek

Groetjes
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2015

Posted By: Robin_AC/DCI'm in Riek

Groetjes

Goed om te horen! ;)
    Posted By: RiekuzzSo are there any dutch people around here who going to Arnhem? I got the feeling Im the only one.. Lol

I'm going. Probably not going to do a meet-up, as I'm with a whole bunch of friends, and I'm quite new here, so nobody really knows me.
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2015

Posted By: OneTimeLover
    Posted By: RiekuzzSo are there any dutch people around here who going to Arnhem? I got the feeling Im the only one.. Lol

I'm going. Probably not going to do a meet-up, as I'm with a whole bunch of friends, and I'm quite new here, so nobody really knows me.

Same situation here
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 4th 2015

All the more reason to meet up.
    • AC/DC rock music: JC/DC
    • Jan 4th 2015

Yep. This gig is going to be epic. Can't commit to meet up just yet as person driving me is pretty unpredictable, and we are arriving in Amsterdam on Saturday, which is not going to help.
    Posted By: JC/DCY Can't commit to meet up just yet as person driving me is pretty unpredictable

Sounds like the person driving could be high on angel dust while driving, or something.
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2015

How long is the walk from Amsterdam ... ?
    Walk?

80 kilometres, if you walk in a straight line. At an average walking speed of 5 km per hour that would take you 16 hours without breaks -if- you could walk in a straight line. xD
    Posted By: OneTimeLoverWalk?

80 kilometres, if you walk in a straight line. At an average walking speed of 5 km per hour that would take you 16 hours without breaks -if- you could walk in a straight line. xD

I am thinking of hiring a bicycle in Amsterdam. What can it take? 4 hours? Come to think of it i´ll just take the train instead.
    I have been on this forum since february last year and i can´t say that i "know" people here. Thats the reason to meet up. I am in Amsterdam from sunday to tuesday, and am staying at Best Western in Arnhem from tuesday so i might meet you up Azel and anyone else that might be interested chatting over 10 beers or something.

Fans won´t be that hard to find i reckon.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Jan 5th 2015

Posted By: Riekuzz
    Posted By: OneTimeLover

Same situation here

Yes, similar situation here. I'm going with my wife.
    • Jan 5th 2015

Question for any Dutch fans, in theory rather than stay overnight in Arnhem. Could it be possible to get a train back to Amsterdam AFTER the concert ?
    Yes ofcourse. Just check how late the last train to Amsterdam goes. Go from Arnhem Centraal to Amsterdam Centraal. Check www.ns.nl
    Posted By: GShootinQuestion for any Dutch fans, in theory rather than stay overnight in Arnhem. Could it be possible to get a train back to Amsterdam AFTER the concert ?

Yes, that should be possible. I just checked.

Trains from Arnhem to Amsterdam leave every 30 minutes, the last train from Arnhem to Amsterdam on May 5th leaves one minute past midnight (00:01). Train ride to Amsterdam takes one hour and 7 minutes.

Unfortunately Arnhem isn't on the "night net", so there's no nighttrains from Arnhem.

So you just have to be sure you can make the midnight train. The stadium isn't too far from the train station (only a few minutes by bus), so you could even walk it if necessary.
    • Jan 5th 2015

Cheers! I may decide to stay in Arnhem for some peace and quiet mind
    •  
    • Jan 5th 2015

The gelredome parking system is 10/10, Most of the time you won't having problems by traffic jam. The people who work there have everything under control. So take it easy and relax it won't be a madness.

Just another thing on 5 may the Netherlands celebrate the Liberation Day. And since Arnhem has also some history about WWII (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_of_Arnhem) there could be some great events in the city. So you can make a nice trip.

Just a recommendation if you haven't other plans.
    hello,
    finally i'll see the first of a tour after 25 years that i following AC/DC!

I will arrive in Amsterdam airport from Florence in late morning. I've just reserved a room in arnhem:
    Logis Hotel - Restaurant “Het Wapen van Elst”
    Dorpsstraat 28 - 6661 EL Elst
    I't's not near the stadium but there aren't better!

WILL BE THERE SOMEONE FROM ITALY??
    Posted By: Meanstreak
    Posted By: JC/DCY Can't commit to meet up just yet as person driving me is pretty unpredictable

Sounds like the person driving could be high on angel dust while driving, or something.

Is Rudd driving you there?
    Posted By: MonsieurSander
    Posted By: Meanstreak

Is Rudd driving you there?

LOL
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Apr 28th 2015

Alright guys, what's happening with this event?

Would anyone going like to suggest a venue and time for a fans.net meetup?
    • AC/DC rock music: Roccar
    • Apr 28th 2015

Ik ga alleen heen. Iemand zin om samen te komen voor het concert voor een paar biertjes? Laat me weten!
    I'll be going on my own. Anyone up to meet up before the gig? Let me know and lets have a few beers!
    •  
    • Apr 29th 2015

Had a quick browse last night, nothing stands out. Will have another shooftie later.

Also on my jack, so happy to meet up for beers, tales and spacecakes.
    I would like to meet up, but I won't, because I'm going with a group of friends, and too many meet-ups/people will stress me out a little too much.
    Oi mates. Wont be making it beacuse of school exams :( Duty is calling. Hope you guys have a massive evening at the Gelredome.

Trouwens, het is prima te doen, het parkeren bij de Gelredome. Met maiden paar jaar terug geweest, auto in woonwijk geparkeerd, binnen 10 minuten weer op de snelweg! Prima te doen.
    •  
    • Apr 29th 2015

JFC Ruud. Get your fucking priorities sorted!
    anyone going from and after the show to Amsterdam? I've just get the tickets as it occurred that I am going on a business trip to Amsterdam next week :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Apr 30th 2015

are you the person who was in Chorzów in 91? ^
    Posted By: JemJFC Ruud. Get your fucking priorities sorted!

JFC? You know what JFC would be pretty bad? Failing my exams. Passing them however means 3 months of mayhem and the prospect of college isnt too bad you know what i mean man.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngrocker
    • Apr 30th 2015 edited

Come on Ruud that's only your future. THIS IS AC/DC you know. :p
    •  
    • Apr 30th 2015

Posted By: ruudtherocker

JFC? You know what JFC would be pretty bad? Failing my exams. Passing them however means 3 months of mayhem and the prospect of college isnt too bad you know what i mean man.

If one night is going to cost you your results you are already fucked :)
    • AC/DC rock music: Raff
    • May 1st 2015

Will be there but will be queueing early to secure a spot in the golden circle as they will hand out the wrists for this first come first serve. Usually there are drinks served outside the stadium for those queueing. From what I remember there are no pubs close tho the stadium.
    •  
    • May 1st 2015

Timetable *

5: 30 pm: doors open GelreDome

7: 30 pm: starting support act Vintage Trouble

8.45 p.m.: starting concert AC/DC

23: 00: expected end of the show

always * times subject to change
    •  
    • May 1st 2015

Still banging out 2 and 1/4 hours :)
    •  
    • May 1st 2015

How long was the Coachella set?
    So glad to hear we're still getting 20< songs despite them getting older.
    Posted By: Jem
    Posted By: ruudtherocker

If one night is going to cost you your results you are already fucked :)

Yeah man
    I will be there. Will you Rudd?
    • May 3rd 2015

Check the weather for Tuesday in Arnhem via the iPhone app if you have one