To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: gunforhire
    • Dec 11th 2014 edited

So I couldn't find the last thread because it got deleted and wanted to put it up again because I found it interesting.
    Anyone thinking of buying any games for Christmas (or just want to talk about ones in general that they enjoy)? This one in particular looks awesome:

I also came here to ask about the latest Smash Bros. and if it's as good as the last ones.
    They fucked up the trumpets.

Anyways, nothing new on my end lately. Still playing Fallout 3. Prepared to sink $30 into the next Steam sales though, so I'll have maybe 10 or 20 games by the end of the month.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Tino
    • Dec 11th 2014

I'm prepared for the GTA 5 release for PC's in January. I also stick around with old school Runescape alot.
    Posted By: SpellboundThey fucked up the trumpets.

Anyways, nothing new on my end lately. Still playing Fallout 3. Prepared to sink $30 into the next Steam sales though, so I'll have maybe 10 or 20 games by the end of the month.

Nice :) I'm not playing many Steam games these days as my PC ain't up to it. Are you getting any of the new Pokémon games (you told me that you were a fan of it)
    Probably. I'm interested, but I heard they dun goof'd and didn't add the Battle Frontier, so that's been kind of putting me off (along with no 3DS).

I still need to beat Duke Nukem Forever too. Might start again tonight...
    •  
    • Dec 11th 2014 edited

Posted By: SpellboundProbably. I'm interested, but I heard they dun goof'd and didn't add the Battle Frontier, so that's been kind of putting me off (along with no 3DS).

You can pick up a new 2DS these days for 99 bucks (the new crystal designs anyways). I don't think it deserves the hate that it gets. I tried one in a shop the other day and found it really comfortable to hold, especially the contoured shoulder buttons. The 3D hurts my eyes anyways and you have to hold it really still for it to be effective so it isn't worth paying more for something you won't use.
    I've ordered the Clear Blue 2DS with AS for Christmas and am looking forward to playing it a lot (apparently Deoxys and Regigigas are making non-event returns to the game too).
    It reminds me of the transparent Game Boys they used to release.
    2DS is ugly in my opinion. 3DS looks nicer and it isn't as bulky. Plus the XL is better for my huge dainty-womanlike hands.

I also want everyone to know how fucking awesome this game could be if it holds up. A continuously growing game with new areas constantly being made, on it's own.
    •  
    • Feb 2nd 2015 edited

Computerised crack in it's purest form...
    Anybody on Advance Warfare's Exo Zombies yet? :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: CliffFIN
    • Feb 2nd 2015

Recent favs:
    NHL15
    Call of Duty
    GTAV

All-time best:
    Colonization
    Football Manager, any really (CM also)
    Transport Tycoon
    Sim City series
    Railroad Tycoon
    NHL96
    Worms
    Lemmings
    International Karate (C64)
    Tecmo Cup (NES)
    Mario 3(NES)
    California, Summer, Winter Games (C64)
    Ice Hockey (NES)
    Larry series
    Police Quest series
    Day of the Tentacle
    Blades of Steel(NES)
    etc

Oh man, thats the stuff. Football Manager is maybe the game that I've put the most hours into, so addictive.
    Dying Light = Fking awesome.
    Posted By: CliffFINRecent favs:

Oh man, thats the stuff. Football Manager is maybe the game that I've put the most hours into, so addictive.

whats football manager like and which console? or is it pc gaming?
    • AC/DC rock music: Ron
    • Feb 4th 2015 edited

PC mainly but there's console and tablet versions.

If you ask me it's a bit like having a part time data entry job only you don't get paid, but to each their own ;-)
    • Feb 4th 2015

I'm expecting Alien Isolation to drop through the letterbox this morning. Not much of a gamer, but this one sounds entertaining. The last game I got truly addicted to was Skyrim.
    Posted By: RonPC mainly but there's console and tablet versions.

If you ask me it's a bit like having a part time data entry job only you don't get paid, but to each their own ;-)

Fucking lol'd.
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2015

Posted By: Ron

LOL I get your point, but I got hooked on them way back when it was CM Manager and you could acquire Paul Gascoine.

But for ACDCLIVE11: You take over a football team and try to guide it thru the ranks, there is tons of tactical stuff you can adjust and player transfers have a huge role in the game. Also training and financial stuff is heavily present. I like em, especially taking on a lower division club and advancing to the Premier League and so on.

They're available to consoles and PC. But I prefer PC, keyboard and mouse give it the right feeling.

I've always been a sucker for simulators (except Farm Simulator), so I am biased. But they're good fun.
      •  
        AC/DC rock music: Elvir79
      • Feb 4th 2015 edited

C64/Amiga are legend! Any fan here ?
      •  
      • Feb 4th 2015

Posted By: Elvir79C64/Amiga are legend! Any fan here ?

I started out with my older brothers C64 (cassette LOL). Wicked machine, some great games on it that I've re-visited wit emulators. Oh yeah, I also have the C64 in my storage, in its original box.
    •  
      Posted By: RonI'm expecting Alien Isolation to drop through the letterbox this morning. Not much of a gamer, but this one sounds entertaining. The last game I got truly addicted to was Skyrim.

Can't for the fucking life of me get into Skyrim. I bought it for $5 in December, and it bored me to tears, the same way Oblivion did. Yet I still can't stop playing Fallout.

Such is life.
    •  
      Posted By: SpellboundYet I still can't stop playing Fallout.Such is life.

lol same for me. Just finished a New Vegas playthrough, but I didn't quite get my fill so I've restarted a new hardcore playthrough. I love Fallout so much.

Yes, best game ever to come out for C64 is Project Firestart.
    •  
      Posted By: OneTimeLoverlol same for me. Just finished a New Vegas playthrough, but I didn't quite get my fill so I've restarted a new hardcore playthrough. I love Fallout so much.

Harcore is easy considering the actual difficulty is not affected (not that Very Hard is all that hard when you have enough Stimpaks and ammo). If you want it to be really hardcore, one of the members from Obsidian released a mod to make it MUCH tougher. Something Sawyer Wasteland or whatever.

What's your opinion on Fallout 3, and the first two for that matter? I'm currently in the middle of 3, but the first game might be one of my all time favorites.
      • AC/DC rock music: ACDCLIVE11
      • Feb 4th 2015 edited

Posted By: OneTimeLover
      Posted By: SpellboundYet I still can't stop playing Fallout.Such is life.

lol same for me. Just finished a New Vegas playthrough, but I didn't quite get my fill so I've restarted a new hardcore playthrough. I love Fallout so much.

Yes, best game ever to come out for C64 is Project Firestart.

new vegas playthrought?
      i need easy games as i am not that much of gamer LOL
      •  
        AC/DC rock music: Elvir79
      • Feb 4th 2015

From Fly on the wall era...

•  
      • Feb 4th 2015 edited

•  
      Posted By: TinoI'm prepared for the GTA 5 release for PC's in January. I also stick around with old school Runescape alot.

A fellow PC gamer I see? It feels like forever until we get GTA V...

I'm sticking with DayZ Mod and BF4 until it comes out!
    •  
      Posted By: Spellbound
      Posted By: OneTimeLoverlol same for me. Just finished a New Vegas playthrough, but I didn't quite get my fill so I've restarted a new hardcore playthrough. I love Fallout so much.

Harcore is easy considering the actual difficulty is not affected (not that Very Hard is all that hard when you have enough Stimpaks and ammo). If you want it to be really hardcore, one of the members from Obsidian released a mod to make it MUCH tougher. Something Sawyer Wasteland or whatever.

What's your opinion on Fallout 3, and the first two for that matter? I'm currently in the middle of 3, but the first game might be one of my all time favorites.

For ultimate difficulty, turn off HUD and music, set to hardcore and highest difficulty, lol. Not that I have tried that.

I absolutely love Fallout 3. I understand it got some flack because it violates some existing lore or something, but I just love it for what it is. I love the weapon modding, ammo making and bomb building in New Vegas, but I actually prefer to play in the Capital Wasteland. It's just so desolate and dangerous. I love how everything is absolutely destroyed. It feels much more post-apocalyptic. I also love the story of the Lone Wanderer going after dad.

I do have the original Fallout and Fallout Tactics on disc, but I never got it to work on my old pc, and it doesn't work on newer systems. But a few months ago I got a free download for them, so I'm really looking forward to playing them on my laptop.
    •  
      http://www.vg247.com...

It might finally be happening guys.
    •  

For ultimate difficulty, turn off HUD and music, set to hardcore and highest difficulty, lol. Not that I have tried that.

I absolutely love Fallout 3. I understand it got some flack because it violates some existing lore or something, but I just love it for what it is. I love the weapon modding, ammo making and bomb building in New Vegas, but I actually prefer to play in the Capital Wasteland. It's just so desolate and dangerous. I love how everything is absolutely destroyed. It feels much more post-apocalyptic. I also love the story of the Lone Wanderer going after dad.

I do have the original Fallout and Fallout Tactics on disc, but I never got it to work on my old pc, and it doesn't work on newer systems. But a few months ago I got a free download for them, so I'm really looking forward to playing them on my laptop.

I will never turn off the music lol. Love the sounds of the radio and ambience.

FO3 doesn't even ruin any lore, which pisses me off whenever people say that. It stuck to the lore of the first two games. Yeah, some shit that happened in 2 should've prevented things from occurring in 3, but it wasn't outright retconned. Fallotu 3 is a VERY good game (god awful bugs and engine aside), but not a great Fallotu game. New Vegas is a very good Fallout game.

Ever sort the issues out with 2?
    •  
      Posted By: CliffFIN
      Posted By: Ron

LOL I get your point, but I got hooked on them way back when it was CM Manager and you could acquire Paul Gascoine.

But for ACDCLIVE11: You take over a football team and try to guide it thru the ranks, there is tons of tactical stuff you can adjust and player transfers have a huge role in the game. Also training and financial stuff is heavily present. I like em, especially taking on a lower division club and advancing to the Premier League and so on.

They're available to consoles and PC. But I prefer PC, keyboard and mouse give it the right feeling.

I've always been a sucker for simulators (except Farm Simulator), so I am biased. But they're good fun.

interesing what game it is about and thanks for explaining it.
      •  
        Posted By: Spellboundhttp://www.vg247.com...

About fucking time. Let's hope this is it.

Posted By: SpellboundEver sort the issues out with 2?

Yes! I got them all to work. =) Turned out to be an easy fix. I got the Hi-Res patches working too.
        • AC/DC rock music: Chrangus
        • Feb 10th 2015

I playing a lot of "Heroes of the Storm" . It's the new MOBA from Blizzard ( still in Closed Beta). I'm new in this whole "MOBA, LoL, Dota 2" thing. But Heroes of the Storm seems to be a really good game !

Ps. Maybe Bethesda will teaser a new Elder Scrolls and Fallout Game at the E3 ? And surely they will show something from the new Doom Game!
      •  
        Posted By: Spellboundhttp://www.vg247.com...

About fucking time. Let's hope this is it.

Posted By: SpellboundEver sort the issues out with 2?

Yes! I got them all to work. =) Turned out to be an easy fix. I got the Hi-Res patches working too.

No kidding. Unfortunately if they announce it this year, we may not get it for another couple years. I think FO3 was announced 2 years prior to release.

Awesome! Let me know what you think. I haven't actually got to play two yet but like I said I loved the first, as much as 3/NV. I heard FO2 was less serious/more pop culture oriented.

Posted By: ChrangusI playing a lot of "Heroes of the Storm" . It's the new MOBA from Blizzard ( still in Closed Beta). I'm new in this whole "MOBA, LoL, Dota 2" thing. But Heroes of the Storm seems to be a really good game !

Ps. Maybe Bethesda will teaser a new Elder Scrolls and Fallout Game at the E3 ? And surely they will show something from the new Doom Game!

No clue about DOTA, lol, or MOBA but there's no way in hell Bethesda would announce TES with Fallout. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. It's probably gonna be Fallout, and after the it comes out, they'll start working on the next Elder Scrolls.
      •  
        I am a poor college student who is about to blow a shit ton of money on AC/DC tickets..so I'm gonna wait until next summer to get the New 3DS with the Zelda Majoras Mask Remake. MM is my favorite game of all time...right now i am playing Wind Waker HD, the new smash game, and playing all the way through the original Paper Mario for the first time. I also wanna do a 100% run of Majoras Mask on the wii virtual console. yeah!
      •  
        also i wanna bust out the old n64 and do a 100% run of donkey kong 64..
      •  

Had an Amiga as a little kid. Loads of fun.
      •  
        Hey SB, what did you mean when you said (in chat) that Fallout 1 should be played with a guide?

Do you mean for item collection, or in terms of plot, or to prevent missing certain quests...
        • Feb 11th 2015

Alien Isolation is everything I hoped for. Brilliant atmosphere and tense as fuck.
      •  
        Posted By: OneTimeLoverHey SB, what did you mean when you said (in chat) that Fallout 1 should be played with a guide?

Do you mean for item collection, or in terms of plot, or to prevent missing certain quests...

It's easy to not know what the fuck you're doing in the beginning. The game's map is fuck huge, but only has about 9 or 10 locations (number is off the top of my head). You might not need it after the first few quests.
      •  
        Thanks, good to know!
      •  
        I also got my hands on Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light for cheap a few months back. I actually can't wait to play them, but I'm going for the old Fallouts first.

Anyone played the Metro games?
      •  
        I began Metro 2033 but never got past the first 20 minutes.

Supposedly, if you love Fallout, you'll love the Metro games. I also heard they're pretty spooky.
      •  
        That's also what I heard, and why I got them, haha.
      •  

Oh I'm laffin
      •  
        To better illustrate why the video is hilarious, a different perspective:

AC/DC = Video Games
        Fans = People who play Games
        Conservatives/people who thought the band ruined morals = The SVU people
        • AC/DC rock music: timbo30
        • Feb 15th 2015

I'm looking forward to the order 1886 this week. After that, batman arkham knight and the next mgs are on my wanted list.
      •  
        My friend came over and borrowed me Alien Isolation.

Holy shit.

It's.fucking.terrifying.
      •  
        Posted By: OneTimeLoverMy friend came over and borrowed me Alien Isolation.

Holy shit.

It's.fucking.terrifying.

That game is scary as shit. You should try the saw games now those I can't play by myself
      •  
        It's just nerve-wrecking... you're seen, you're dead, and there's nowhere where you're actually 100% safe. To make things worse, apparently I forgot to pick up a couple of weapon blueprints.

I might check the Saw games out.

I reaaaaaaally liked Alan Wake. It's scary as hell to play in the dark.

Anyone played The Evil Within?
      •  
        Wow. I didn't know Alien Isolation was a thing. Now that looks interesting.