To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

• AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Feb 18th 2015

Posted By: marcinhawell, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt your image if you let people know you are playing a gig!

Yeah, you're probably right.

If you happen to play in the Gdansk area, just let me know :)

You know any good clubs/bars/pubs there for our kind of music? I'm always looking for new gigs and markets. I would like to go to Poland anyways. I actually used to have a girlfriend from Warszawa. If we ever play there you'll be defenitely on the guest list :-)

good luck with the gig!

Thanks! It's gonna be another 2.000 km weekend with 3 gigs, lots of booze, sweat and Rock'n'Roll and very little sleep ;-)

I guess you where lucky to find like-minded people, and a vocalist - this is always the big trouble, you're one is handling the situation very well.

Yeah, I think he's a great singer. Probably not you're usual rock shouter, but that's not what I was looking for anyways. Another plus is, that his english skills are excellent and his lyrics are pretty good, too. But I tell you what is almost as much as hard to find as a good singer: a decent bass player!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: marcinha
    • Feb 18th 2015 edited

Posted By: RoccoYou know any good clubs/bars/pubs there for our kind of music? I'm always looking for new gigs and markets. I would like to go to Poland anyways. I actually used to have a girlfriend from Warszawa. If we ever play there you'll be defenitely on the guest list :-)

Well thank you very much, but I'll be happy to support you by simply acquiring the ticket at the box office ;) And yes, there are plenty clubs to gig round here! You might find yourself one (girlfriend) in our neighbouring capital :)

Posted By: Rocco
    Thanks! It's gonna be another 2.000 km weekend with 3 gigs, lots of booze, sweat and Rock'n'Roll and very little sleep ;-)

Wear a condom!

Posted By: RoccoYeah, I think he's a great singer. Probably not you're usual rock shouter, but that's not what I was looking for anyways. Another plus is, that his english skills are excellent and his lyrics are pretty good, too. But I tell you what is almost as much as hard to find as a good singer: a decent bass player!

Yes, it's almost as if he's a native speaker. His voice sits well in the music, the shit has been pulled together in a fashionable manner! Surprised about the bass player though.
    • Feb 18th 2015 edited

Posted By: marcinhaWell thank you very much, but I'll be happy to support you by simply acquiring the ticket at the box office ;) And yes, there are plenty clubs to gig round here! You might find yourself one (girlfriend) in our neighbouring capital :)

I actually hoped you could name some of those clubs. ;-) I already have a girlfriend right now. I don't think she would be too pleased if I came home with one more. :-)

Yes, it's almost as if he's a native speaker. His voice sits well in the music, the shit has been pulled together in a fashionable manner!

Thank you very mucho!

Surprised about the bass player though.

Well, we've got our third in four years now (not counting the guys who just stood in for single gigs or short tours). The thing is to find one that is doing a bit more than just playing straight eighth root notes but then again not overdoing it and even locking in with the drummer. I tend to hit the gas a bit when playing live, so it's good to have a rhythm section that is very tight and a bit laid back to get a nice push and pull thing going sometimes. And the great thing is, that the audiences always start dancing out our gigs, that's not something I see that often a rock gigs.
    •  
    • Feb 18th 2015

•  
    • Feb 18th 2015

Posted By: RoccoAnd the great thing is, that the audiences always start dancing out our gigs, that's not something I see that often a rock gigs.

congratulations, that is really something! I'm not surprised however, after what I've heard so far.
    • Feb 18th 2015

Posted By: marcinhabest, biggest:http://www.b90.pl/in...

http://www.parlament...

http://sfinks700.com...

http://www.stoczniag...

http://www.scenaklub...

http://ucho.com.pl- site currently blank for some reason, email is ucho@ucho.com.pl

Great, thanks! Will check 'em out.
    • Feb 18th 2015

Posted By: marcinha
    Posted By: RoccoAnd the great thing is, that the audiences always start dancing out our gigs, that's not something I see that often a rock gigs.

congratulations, that is really something! I'm not surprised however, after what I've heard so far.

What can I say? Thank you very much.
    •  
    • Feb 18th 2015

well it's not my invention. it's been out there for decades if not centuries, that you can make people move to your music.
    •  
    • Feb 18th 2015

Posted By: RoccoGreat, thanks! Will check 'em out.

if you do, and need any assistance, make a noise.
    •  
    • Feb 18th 2015

Hey, I've watched the Kickstart Your Aggression video a few times and recalled our talk about stage presence in terms of guitar looks and I came to the conclusion that you should get a Gibson. This is not right and should not be in a 'normal' world, but man... you know what... the whole image would benefit from the "Gibson" logo and the Gibson headstock. It would send out a signal if only on the subliminal level but would canvas a 'real deal' professional perception. Feel free to bash my balls in to the middle of next week, but that Gretsch there, even if it was $100 one, does the very job I'm talking about. The form would thus be complete.
    • Feb 18th 2015

Posted By: marcinhaHey, I've watched the Kickstart Your Aggression video a few times and recalled our talk about stage presence in terms of guitar looks and I came to the conclusion that you should get a Gibson. This is not right and should not be in a 'normal' world, but man... you know what... the whole image would benefit from the "Gibson" logo and the Gibson headstock. It would send out a signal if only on the subliminal level but would canvas a 'real deal' professional perception. Feel free to bash my balls in to the middle of next week, but that Gretsch there, even if it was $100 one, does the very job I'm talking about. The form would thus be complete.

I see where you're coming from and you're defenitely right. And one of these days I'm gonna get me a proper Gibson SG. But then it's gonnabe a real vintage one (since we're talking about what you wanna get across from a visual point) and that, by now, is way outta my budget.
    •  
    • Feb 19th 2015

I think that a vintage SG as opposed to *an* SG would mostly lube your own ego rather than the public's which should not be sensitive to this level of detail. Would be pretty scary if it did ;)
    •  
    • Feb 19th 2015

Posted By: marcinhabest, biggest:http://www.b90.pl/in...

Just noticed that Airbourne are playing here in June.
    •  
    • Feb 20th 2015

how did the gig go, Rocco??
    • Feb 20th 2015 edited

Posted By: marcinhahow did the gig go, Rocco??

Pretty good. Attendance wasn't overwhelming but we didn't expect that anyway since it was our first time in Berlin. But the people loved it. Met some interesting folks that will help us arrange some more shows in Germany in the future. Drinking was brutal. :D Went to sleep at 7.30 am and right now I'm having breakfast since we've got to start in about an hour to the next town.
    •  
    • Feb 20th 2015 edited

wow, that sounds great, good for you, keep it up!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: gunforhire
    • Mar 2nd 2015 edited

The riffage by itself is AC/DC like, though I'm not sure the boys would ever combine a lick like that with a riff like that. Separately they both sound like AC/DC, not sure about them in combination.

The drumming is okay, but really isn't AC/DC like though. That doesn't have to be a problem unless you really really want it to totally sound like AC/DC.

It's just that the drumming doesn't really work with the rhythm part IMHO. The drums sound like they were written for the lick rather than the rhythm part.

Still, that starting lick isn't bad at all. Not very special maybe, but that's the hard part, haha.
    BTW the drumming is just a loop; I can't drum. That's the main problem with writing songs in my case; it's really restricting me ATM.
    I see what you mean about separating the riffs, however when I isolated each of them it sounded empty. I might have to change them a little bit to solve this problem.
    Thank you very much for the advice :)
    The chord riff actually sounds pretty good on it's own. I could use each riff for different songs because they'd work separately.
    Yeah, exactly.
    •  
    • Mar 9th 2015 edited

Hey DC, can you tell me a bit about those SG's of yours? What year is each model and what is the difference between in terms of sound and playability? What other factors are important?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Mar 10th 2015

If you can wait till the weekend I will write up what I think about my various SGs. I'm working away most of this week and will have far more time to do it properly then!
    •  
    • Mar 10th 2015

sure, thank you very much!
    my collection,
    I can vouch for the 3 Pickup Epiphone SG Customs, traded my Epi LP Custom for one a few months back, much better! Fantastic Guitars!
    •  
    • Mar 28th 2015 edited

I have a TSR for sale.
    •  
    • Mar 29th 2015

I had to move my guitars today (cleaning up a bit) so I took the opportunity of taking a group photo. Incidentally marcinha, I haven't forgotten about my SG review, just putting it together over this and next weekend!

L-R
    1998 Gibson SG Standard.
    1971 Gibson SG Standard (all original with long lyre tremolo)
    2005 Gibson Thunderbird V
    1980 Gibson Les Paul Standard
    1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    2006 Alden Resonator (behind the Custom)
    1974 Gibson SG Special
    1996 Gibson SG Standard
    2002 Gretsch g5234t double cutaway (paint strpped and pick up removed)
    1974 Gibson Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty"
    1995 Gibson Explorer
    2001 Gibson SG Standard
    2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard "Goldtop" (almost hidden)
    1958 Gibson Les Paul Junior (on the floor)
    1965 Gibson SG Standard
    1998 Gibson SG Standard
    1971 Gibson SG Standard (again, almost hidden)
    1997 Gibson SG Standard (with lyre tremolo fitted by me)
    2008 Gibson SG Special (lightning bolt markers added by me)
    1979 Westbury Standard
    2010 Eastwood "Johnny Ramone" Mosrite copy
    1983 Gould LP Custom
    1980 Gibson RD Artist
    1974 Febder Telecaster

No Stratocaster?

That black SG w. a white pickguard looks like a very fine guitar (right side). Which one is that?
    •  
    • Mar 29th 2015

I don't like Fenders, and Strats particularly, they sound too thin for my taste. The black SG with the white pickguard is the 1998 Standard. It originally had a black pickguard but I changed it and put the spllt diamond on the headstock to look like Angus' 69 SG Custom from the Highway To Hell Tour.
    It's official DC79 ,you win!,man what a collection.Do you have a "go to" guitar or an "old faithful "?
    •  
    • Mar 31st 2015 edited

Posted By: marcinhaI have a TSR for sale.

[update] - sold.

btw, fuck that ebay shit, Jem. I understand this is not a trading forum, but come on, one should be able to post a much talked about holy AC/DC gadget for sale - and I did post it in the collectors items category.

peace.
    • AC/DC rock music: FilterGrit
    • Mar 31st 2015 edited

Posted By: AC/DC-ROCKERmy collection,

Rocker, please don't tell me you were going to 'Malcolm' that beautiful red Gretsch! (As we discussed in the other thread) :O Don't do it man! :)
    Posted By: FilterGrit

Rocker, please don't tell me you were going to 'Malcolm' that beautiful red Gretsch! (As we discussed in the other thread) :O Don't do it man! :)

Yes, Filtergrit he is.
    Posted By: marcinha
    Posted By: marcinhaI have a TSR for sale.

[update] - sold.

btw, fuck that ebay shit, Jem. I understand this is not a trading forum, but come on, one should be able to post a much talked about holy AC/DC gadget for sale - and I did post it in the collectors items category.

peace.

I once sold my body on ebay. I recommend it.
    •  
    • Mar 31st 2015

what if another man buys it??
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Mar 31st 2015

that's why he recommended it!

I'm really enjoying that Tele in the back giving the other 4 a really bitchy look! It does not look impressed at being left out ;)
    • Mar 31st 2015

Posted By: FilterGrit

I second that. It's such a beauty.
    •  
    • Apr 2nd 2015

Posted By: Shakin a legIt's official DC79 ,you win!,man what a collection.Do you have a "go to" guitar or an "old faithful "?

When I was in the tribute band it was any one of 3 SGs, the 71 with the tremolo, the 97 with the tremolo or the black with white pickguard. These days I'm in an old 1977 reformed punk band and it's the 74 Black Beauty that's #1. The tone and sustain of that guitar are beyond fantastic!
    •  
    • Apr 2nd 2015

On stripping the red Gretsch...the Mal from DC/79 got a 64 Firebird that was red and did this to it....

...e never regretted it, but he also didn't have the nerve to dig out a 3rd pick up hole!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Jul 23rd 2015 edited

Just got a 2013 Gibson SG Les Paul Tribute, and a Marshall 2199 to boot.

Killer, killer stuff. I have hated every single SG Gibson has put out that I tried since 2010, but this one is a real treat. Love it to bits, and I hope I don't ever part with it. And the Marshall is a fucking beast. Can't believe that their first SS amp is this fucking good.

Now, for my Committee, some time this year, I intend on putting it through surgery so a tune-o-matic set up can be installed, along with a Supertron from 65.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: acadacauk
    • Jul 24th 2015

them there gretsch's are just sex with strings.
    Posted By: acadacauk

them there gretsch's are just sex with strings.

I'm having a custom guitar built at the minute to be a bit like Mal's sig. It's a bit of a mish mash of all my favourite guitars really! I'll pop some pictures up when I can!
    Posted By: SpellboundJust got a 2013 Gibson SG Les Paul Tribute, and a Marshall 2199 to boot.

Killer, killer stuff. I have hated every single SG Gibson has put out that I tried since 2010, but this one is a real treat. Love it to bits, and I hope I don't ever part with it. And the Marshall is a fucking beast. Can't believe that their first SS amp is this fucking good.

Now, for my Committee, some time this year, I intend on putting it through surgery so a tune-o-matic set up can be installed, along with a Supertron from 65.

Ah the 2199! Solid state Mosfet amps aren't bad at all! Is it quite responsive?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: tomscotland
    • Jul 24th 2015 edited

photo sg strat_zpsrlgwocgk.jpg
    Bad photo, but showing my FSR Strat and my 2014 SG Traditional Standard
    Posted By: FilterGritAh the 2199! Solid state Mosfet amps aren't bad at all! Is it quite responsive?

Very. It sounds like a tube amp, even at midnight-a-clock-with-neighbors-all-around, granted, you have to work with the gain knobs a bit, but if you plug into the right channel with the bright gain on the high side, you get a very brashy Powerage tone. Mix is a bit more grit - leaning more towards how Mal would sound on that BiB tour.

Normal input is shit though - muddy, flat, lifeless.
    • AC/DC rock music: Gilly
    • Jul 24th 2015

Gonna buy an SG Original in either Heritage Cherry or Aged Cherry. Help me decide:

Heritage Cherry:

Aged Cherry (same as AC/DC-Rocker's guitars above):
    I prefer the Heritage Cherry out of those 2!

I recently got a 98 Fender Jazz Bass, '62 reissue.