To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: Brody/DC
    • Feb 3rd 2017

Posted By: AngusRudd1019
    Posted By: Brody/DCHopefully I'll be able to purchase a Gibson in the future! I'm hoping to find one in Aged Cherry.

My guitar is in Aged Cherry. Absolutely love the color.

It seems most people who own them do, seeing as I can never find them used lol.
    MY Gretsch should be out of the shop either tomorrow or Monday. Will have photos up as well as some of my new Thunderbird!
    Excellent news Spelly! I for one cannot wait to see it.
    • AC/DC rock music: u5ername
    • Feb 5th 2017

AngusRudd1019

Yes, sorry i have the Storm pedal - is that not really just the latest, more user friendly version of the Schaffer?
    Posted By: u5ernameAngusRudd1019

Yes, sorry i have the Storm pedal - is that not really just the latest, more user friendly version of the Schaffer?

It has more abilities than the Schaffer Replica but contains the same elements. It is good for guys who are into metal as well. It can get heavier than the Replica allows via the STORM setting. According to Fil, always run the Snap (the limiter) at 9 'o clock. You can do a bit more but not much. Back when Angus uses the Schaffer, he had the compander on full. In other words, turn the Power up all the way if you want to try to find that tone. Currently Angus run both settings (excluding the Snap setting because he uses the Replica towers) at 2 'o clock. You must fiddle with the STORM knob to get it right for your ears. I usually run it at half
    • Feb 5th 2017

Posted By: AngusRudd1019
    Posted By: u5ernameAngusRudd1019

It has more abilities than the Schaffer Replica but contains the same elements. It is good for guys who are into metal as well. It can get heavier than the Replica allows via the STORM setting. According to Fil, always run the Snap (the limiter) at 9 'o clock. You can do a bit more but not much. Back when Angus uses the Schaffer, he had the compander on full. In other words, turn the Power up all the way if you want to try to find that tone. Currently Angus run both settings (excluding the Snap setting because he uses the Replica towers) at 2 'o clock. You must fiddle with the STORM knob to get it right for your ears. I usually run it at half

thanks for that - will give it a go. I did a bit of Little Wing, and put the limiter on 3 o'clock, and the other 2 on about 9 o'clock - creates a nice warm compression

Here they are.

Damn dude.
    Good to see your lawn is still in great nick!The Gretsch and Thunderbird look awesome!(love that particular Burns and space bar!!)
    Awesome playing u5ername!!! Sounds nice!!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DustDevil
    • Feb 9th 2017

I've got a tired SG with a missing pickup, cracked neck and worn frets. For some reason it's the only guitar I can play.
    • Feb 16th 2017

I've recorded a bit more with my schaffer storm, if anyone's interested - some texas blues!

• AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Feb 22nd 2017

Posted By: SpellboundHere they are.

Add this and RTFO on the lawn and see if your neighbours likes it.
    that stack... that was on reverb right? Early 90s Marshall that Malcolm owned?
    • Mar 13th 2017

I finally had a crack at the Back in Black solo - I've always struggled with this one - Hells Bells next!

GUESS WHOS FUCKIN LIT
    Posted By: SpellboundGUESS WHOS FUCKIN LIT

No idea! Enlighten me!
    I was wandering around Youtube and came across this guy-
    https://m.youtube.co...
    His channel is 'ACDC are the best' and he does Mal covers .Well worth a look ,he is spot on.
    Yes,that's John from here in Brisbane.I have put up a couple of his clips on the forum over the last couple of years.He is very good.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Apr 19th 2017

He's got all the gear that's for sure.
    I was thinking of buying another guitar , but I thought I ain’t that good to justify a 2k or so spend just to hack around in the spare room after a few beers....so I bought a Seymour Duncan ‘quarter pound’pick up and put it in my $250 squier Tele (which has a great neck feel btw)and fuck me , it cranks , for a single pick up it has a LOT of grunt .Only $125 aswell.