[ Sign In | Register ]

The Ozzy Osbourne page posted this on Facebook. Never seen it. Don't think I've seen Ozzy with a beard before either.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Sep 13th 2014

Great pic!
    Great pic indeed was hoping it was a old pic and not one from '03,

Ozzy is the man.

Angus looking like his wild young self, ready to jump off some marshalls and burn a hole in the floor doing his solo.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Riekuzz
    • Sep 13th 2014

Awesome pic!
    Taken in 1977 apparently (according to some people on Facebook, but looks about right).
    Holy shit I just remembered, didn't AC/DC tour with Black Sabbath in 1977? It was probably taken then.
    Nice pic indeed. Thanks for sharing!

Wasn't that the same tour that Geezer Butler pulled a knife on Malcolm?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Sep 13th 2014

Ozzy had a beard around 79-80 when recording Blizzard of Qz. I think Angus looks older than 22 there.
    Yeah i would have guessed of 79-80. Ozzy had a beard then, and Angus looks very much like he did on the last tour with Bon here.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Sep 14th 2014

That is backstage at Stafford '79
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Sep 14th 2014

Cool pic. What on earth is Ozzy wearing?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Sep 14th 2014

Posted By: 56CenturyCool pic. What on earth is Ozzy wearing?

Dunno but I reckon he'd biten the head off it a few hours earlier

Sharron shaved her rug and made him a coat.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Sep 14th 2014

Posted By: nitroangus23

Sharron shaved her rug and made him a coat.

That put a horrible picture in my head.
    lmfao Nitro, thats terrible though hahahaha.
    Terrible thought indeed.

Why else would Ozzy need to drink and do drugs for most of his rockin' life?

Poor fella has to deal with such things.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Sep 14th 2014

Lmao, you're on form today nitro :D
    HEHE!
    Nitros got his shit together most of the time, but he hit a home run with that one.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Nov 23rd 2019

This one is a lot better than the first single they released.

•  
    • Nov 23rd 2019

p.s. I believe this is the photo that started the thread.

•  
    • Nov 23rd 2019

I love Ozzy to bits,but am not feeling these 2 new tracks. Second better than the first but still hasn't sold me.

Was also surprised to find out it was Slash on guitar for Straight To Hell, would have expected better from him...
    •  
    • Nov 24th 2019

Posted By: nitroangus23I love Ozzy to bits,but am not feeling these 2 new tracks. Second better than the first but still hasn't sold me.

I feel the same. Love the guy. Haven't bought one of his solo albums in decades.
    Posted By: Inferno
    Posted By: nitroangus23I love Ozzy to bits,but am not feeling these 2 new tracks. Second better than the first but still hasn't sold me.

I feel the same. Love the guy. Haven't bought one of his solo albums in decades.

I think he was pretty much done after "Ozzmosis".
    New song doesn't do much for me. "I'll make you scream, I'll make you defecate". Seriously??
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Nov 24th 2019 edited

I thought the song was pretty good. Good vocal melodies. But why those lyrics?

When he was working on Ozzmosis there was a guitarist and songwriter whose name is Steve Dudas collaborating with Ozzy. I went to a school were Dudas was teacher and he told some stories about it. Dudas later worked with Aerosmith after Ozzy.
    I enjoyed his last record with Zakk Wylde (Black Rain) quite a bit, however Scream was absolutely shite imo. That Gus G. Was a terrible choice for a guitar player to my ears, his tone was weak and generic sounding soulless playing didn't do it for me.

That's the thing with solo Ozzy,all about the guitar playing for me. Loved Randy,Jake E. Lee, Zakk, even Brad Gillis, I was hoping this new one would have had Zakk on it.

Ozzy had talked a few years back about his next solo record being more classic sounding,70's stripped back and bare bones approach. He and Wylde had mended their working relationship and that was the plan, until he did that collaboration with Post Malone and ended up scraping what ever plans he had at that point and decided to record a new record with that producer and without Zakk again.

I know people hate on Wylde's style a bit and think it's tired by now,but I really enjoyed the first few with him on it and that last one he did with Ozzy was far better than what he did before or since it was released imo. I am not against a different guitarist at this point I just wish it was someone better suited if not Zakk.
    Posted By: nitroangus23I enjoyed his last record with Zakk Wylde (Black Rain) quite a bit, however Scream was absolutely shite imo. That Gus G. Was a terrible choice for a guitar player to my ears, his tone was weak and generic sounding soulless playing didn't do it for me.

"Black Rain" was certainly better than everything else he's done after "Ozzmosis", though a lot of songs sounded like Black Label Society's outtakes and that's the reason why Ozzy didn't want to write albums with Zakk anymore. I love "No Rest For The Wicked", "No More Tears" and "Ozzmosis" (even if it had a bit too many ballads). Besides the choice of guitar players, I think after '95 he started to work with wrong producers/songwriters cause the quality dropped considerably. The whole sound also became too generic and over-produced and vocals are drowned in effects and autotune, or at least it sounds like that. I loved "13" by Black Sabbath though, Ozzy did a good job there.
    Posted By: MeanstreakWhen he was working on Ozzmosis there was a guitarist and songwriter whose name is Steve Dudas collaborating with Ozzy. I went to a school were Dudas was teacher and he told some stories about it. Dudas later worked with Aerosmith after Ozzy.

Cool!! I liked "Ozzmosis", he had a good team of songwriters there and the line-up was solid. Geezer Butler back on bass was a great thing and Zakk sounded good too, Castronovo also killed it. The heavier songs there are fantastic. There are too many ballads or semi-ballads, but I liked the album overall.
    Posted By: Venom Injector
    Posted By: nitroangus23I enjoyed his last record with Zakk Wylde (Black Rain) quite a bit, however Scream was absolutely shite imo. That Gus G. Was a terrible choice for a guitar player to my ears, his tone was weak and generic sounding soulless playing didn't do it for me.

"Black Rain" was certainly better than everything else he's done after "Ozzmosis", though a lot of songs sounded like Black Label Society's outtakes and that's the reason why Ozzy didn't want to write albums with Zakk anymore. I love "No Rest For The Wicked", "No More Tears" and "Ozzmosis" (even if it had a bit too many ballads). Besides the choice of guitar players, I think after '95 he started to work with wrong producers/songwriters cause the quality dropped considerably. The whole sound also became too generic and over-produced and vocals are drowned in effects and autotune, or at least it sounds like that. I loved "13" by Black Sabbath though, Ozzy did a good job there.

I agree with you there, the producer choice and song writing has dropped for sure. Sort of where my comments towards Black Rain were aimed, with Zakk it's a bit better at least.I know the reason why he split with him,but still don't hate the songs like I tend too on Scream.

Which is also why I am saddened he went another direction with this recent record, all talk before it sounded great. I would love to have gotten a stronger 70's sort of rock record, 13 was solid mainly due to that imo. It sounded good and powerful,no bullshit tricks on his vocals really. Straight forward meat and potatoes so to speak.

Was hoping for more of that, and less of this modern "hip hop" producer influence.

Would be great if Sharon and he could right the wrongs with Jake E. Lee and Bob Daisley. Would be awesome....
    Ozzy’s a character. I feel like he’s an absolute maniac while also being the most innocent person on the planet. I don’t think he has a bad bone in his body, and he seems to always want to do good, but the drugs and general aura of him speak differently.

Sharon is both a positive and negative for him - keeping him relatively sane while also controlling him too much
    Posted By: MyCubiclePenguinOzzy’s a character. I feel like he’s an absolute maniac while also being the most innocent person on the planet. I don’t think he has a bad bone in his body, and he seems to always want to do good, but the drugs and general aura of him speak differently.

Sharon is both a positive and negative for him - keeping him relatively sane while also controlling him too much

Ask the guys he shafted out of royalty payments whether he's such a great guy
    •  
    • Nov 26th 2019

Posted By: carolinareaperAsk the guys he shafted out of royalty payments whether he's such a great guy

That would be Sharon, not Ozzy.
    Ozzy had a Top 10 in the US with Post Malone?????

Maybe Angus should work with Post Malone next.
    Angus works with Desmond "Problem" Child when it is time to reach the top positions of the Billboard charts.
    •  
    • Nov 26th 2019 edited

Posted By: mutt_langes_permOzzy had a Top 10 in the US with Post Malone?????

https://twitter.com/...

On a side-note he's been ad-libbing all his recent "live" appearances with Post Malone. Not that I expected differently, but still...

While watching this clip, I went from LOL'ing at Ozzy's very awkward arm swaying to getting actual goosebumps once Ozzy started singing.
    Posted By: Venom Injector
    On a side-note he's been ad-libbing all his recent "live" appearances with Post Malone. Not that I expected differently, but still...

You mean lip syncing. Ad-libbing would be coming up with lyrics on the spot.

Posted By: mutt_langes_perm

While watching this clip, I went from LOL'ing at Ozzy's very awkward arm swaying to getting actual goosebumps once Ozzy started singing.

He's about as autotuned as it gets...
    Posted By: DoinNothingMeansALotYou mean lip syncing. Ad-libbing would be coming up with lyrics on the spot.

Yeah sorry, got confused.