To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

I'm writing a piece about a gig in '76 and it's funny how people who were there remember things differently. One example is the Angus playing on someone's shoulders routine. Some people say he sat on Bon's shoulders, others claim he sait on someone's from the audience, and others say he rode on some security guy's shoulder. I thinking about which version of the story is most likely to be the truth. From how far back are there pictures with the shoulder riding routine? Are there any pictures from '76?
    I think it depends on how crazy the crowd is...could've been Bon or a roadie. Bon does it Rock Goes to College which is '78 but in LTBR it was a roadie
    Pretty confident all 3 have taken place.
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Jul 1st 2019

Did Angus sit on Brian's shoulders still during TRE tour?
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Jul 1st 2019

My personal opinion is that at that stage in AC/DC's career, Angus would have been on Bon's shoulders.
    The venues were small enough and having the guitarist on the singer's shoulders would have had a bigger visual impact. Bearing in mind that it was only 3 years after Bon had seen Brian Johnson carrying Tom Hill on his shoulders, when Fang supported Geordie at Torquay Town Hall.
    After having read Mick Wall's book I feel sad everytime I see pictures of Bon with Ang on his shoulders, considering the back pains he had. Ang might be wee but so were Bon ...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: youngjohn
    • Jul 2nd 2019

I have seen Angus playing while sitting on Bon, Brian, a roadie, a security guy. Not all at once. He's not in Cirque du Soleil you know.
    Posted By: soulstripper666After having read Mick Wall's book I feel sad everytime I see pictures of Bon with Ang on his shoulders, considering the back pains he had. Ang might be wee but so were Bon ...

I feel where you're coming from,but Bon was a grown man, he was capable of not doing so if it hurt him.
    • AC/DC rock music: 0x13
    • Jul 2nd 2019

Posted By: mkbergDid Angus sit on Brian's shoulders still during TRE tour?

Yes and also for the Ballbreaker tour. I'm unsure about SUL tour. A fan review at http://www.ac-dc.net...
    notes that Angus did not appear on Brian's shoulders for the 19 Sept. 2000 show.
    • AC/DC rock music: mkberg
    • Jul 2nd 2019

Posted By: 0x13Yes and also for the Ballbreaker tour.

Anyone have video of this?

I feel where you're coming from,but Bon was a grown man, he was capable of not doing so if it hurt him.

And risk losing his job? Ang and Mal weren't guys who liked the answer "no" from someone they collaborated with.
    I don't think Bon would have lost his job over not being able to or wanting to lift Angus on his shoulders.

The fact that he did it sometimes,and had a roadie do it others is proof of that. Regardless of the reason, once someone other than Bon (a roadie) did it, it really doesn't matter. Brian stopped doing so in his older age also.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Jul 3rd 2019

Posted By: mkberg
    Posted By: 0x13Yes and also for the Ballbreaker tour.

Anyone have video of this?

6:25 min

Posted By: soulstripper666After having read Mick Wall's book I feel sad everytime I see pictures of Bon with Ang on his shoulders, considering the back pains he had. Ang might be wee but so were Bon ...

at around 152cm tall and probably 40kg, it would be like carrying a kid
    I was lucky enough to meet the great man in 2015 and my god he was smaller than I expected

I know Bon was small too but he wouldn’t of had a problem lol