To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jan 11th 2014 edited

This is the thread for anything and everything related to a new AC/DC album and AC/DC tour in 2014.

On topic please.

Rumours, truth, whatever. Anything Goes.

Brian Johnson: AC/DC will enter studio in May to record new album
    Posted By: bonlives
    Rumours, truth, whatever. Anything Goes.

Nobody knows...
    Hi new to this site , being a dj all my days playing dance music but turned to rock and live music after my first festival 5 years ago and wow, turned my life around , acdc rule watched live at river plate unbelievable how they still can rock as they did back in the day, just heard a rumour online that they might be playing Glastonbury this year . Is this true or just speculation ????
    Does anyone know if they will be playing at any festivals this year in England or abroad ????
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Jan 11th 2014

Posted By: trippy_TRISHi new to this site , being a dj all my days playing dance music but turned to rock and live music after my first festival 5 years ago and wow, turned my life around , acdc rule watched live at river plate unbelievable how they still can rock as they did back in the day, just heard a rumour online that they might be playing Glastonbury this year . Is this true or just speculation ????
    Does anyone know if they will be playing at any festivals this year in England or abroad ????

All speculation. No news at this time, but things could be promising. Don't expect festivals, though.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 12th 2014

Now the Stones have played the boys might think about it but they are not a very 'Glastonbury' band. Those rumours due the rounds every year. Wouldn't be worth going to see them at Glastonbury.
    They're more likely to do Download like they did in 2010
    IF they were doing an album, I'd assume they had been working on it for a lot of last year. We didn't hear anything, but its not unlike them to keep it a secret.

If there's a tour, see you guys out on the road :)

Not holding my breath though.
    •  
    • Jan 12th 2014

Stage 1. Ang and Mal will have been working seperately. Stage 2:Then they will get together (This stage may be repeated). Stage 3: When they are happy they will call the guys. Stage 4: Studio time.

Only at Stage 4 do we all go fucking mental.

They may be at Stage 2 right now.
    Would we even know if they've been doing anything?
    Posted By: crispyvenomWould we even know if they've been doing anything?

I doubt it. As you said, it is all secretive. Ross Young could've been lying for all we know, when he went on facebook and said "no album for a long time" just to fool everyone. The news/rumor from the Cliff and the U2 album is the best so far but I won't believe anything till Ang or Mal comes out and spills the beans.
    Posted By: JemStage 1. Ang and Mal will have been working seperately. Stage 2:Then they will get together (This stage may be repeated). Stage 3: When they are happy they will call the guys. Stage 4: Studio time.

Also, You've got your stages wrong Jem.
    Stage 1: Angus and Mal call up their old coke dealer, stock up for the writing process.
    Stage 2: After a week of straight partying, the boys have an album skeleton written.
    Stage 3: The party moves to the bahamas for the rehearsals and recording to begin. Brian gets loaded out of his mind and writes 23 songs worth of lyrics, with only 8 of them being about cars.
    Stage 4: They record the album, its shit, so they listen to Flick and Powerage on repeat until they come up with something decent. Once they record the final draft, they annouce something on their website.
    Stage 5: Crispy wakes up and we all are sad as fuck.
    • AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Jan 13th 2014

No show, as I expected. Lots of rumours, all sparked by some trash publication reprinting something from a year ago!

Whatever Cliff said, I reckon it was optimism, exaggeration, or misconstrued.... bah!

http://peru21.pe/esp...

TRANSLATION:

After rumors circulated in recent weeks about the arrival of AC / DC to Lima on 15 October, a representative of the band denied the fact.

"I can assure you that is false. No tour . Happy New Year, "said Chris Dalston, agent in charge of the group.

The poster for the tour of the 40 years of the band is not official, and a tour is not planned.
    •  
    • Jan 13th 2014

Cliff's comment was after that report I believe. And since then there have been other rumors. Don't tread on our dreams man . . .
    Posted By: 900No show, as I expected. Lots of rumours, all sparked by some trash publication reprinting something from a year ago!

Whatever Cliff said, I reckon it was optimism, exaggeration, or misconstrued.... bah!

http://peru21.pe/esp...

TRANSLATION:

After rumors circulated in recent weeks about the arrival of AC / DC to Lima on 15 October, a representative of the band denied the fact.

"I can assure you that is false. No tour . Happy New Year, "said Chris Dalston, agent in charge of the group.

The poster for the tour of the 40 years of the band is not official, and a tour is not planned.

I have never heard of this Chris Dalston guy. "Agent in charge of the group" sounds like bollocks too
    I'm Fred Fucks, senior director of the agency in charge of Sony Music and AC/DC's management,I have been informed to let you all know,that I am in charge, and nothing is happening.

I wanted you to know that, Mal told me to tell you all this,

P.S.

Happy New Year.
    • Jan 13th 2014

Posted By: SpellboundI have never heard of this Chris Dalston guy. "Agent in charge of the group" sounds like bollocks too

Not sure about that one, I Googled before posting to see if it sounded at least reasonably legit - plenty of links seem credible.
    Only time will tell. I believe Cliff more than some guy claiming to be AC/DC's agent.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Lefty Mac
    • Jan 13th 2014

I know! Let's start posting self addressed envelopes to 18 Watson Close, Bury St. Edmonds, on Suffolk, England!
    Posted By: 900
    Posted By: SpellboundI have never heard of this Chris Dalston guy. "Agent in charge of the group" sounds like bollocks too

Not sure about that one, I Googled before posting to see if it sounded at least reasonably legit - plenty of links seem credible.

Yeah, you have dig deeper than just his name to find it. http://www.caatourin...

They also do Airbourne: http://www.caatourin...
    Posted By: crispyvenom
    Posted By: JemStage 1. Ang and Mal will have been working seperately. Stage 2:Then they will get together (This stage may be repeated). Stage 3: When they are happy they will call the guys. Stage 4: Studio time.

Also, You've got your stages wrong Jem.
    Stage 1: Angus and Mal call up their old coke dealer, stock up for the writing process.
    Stage 2: After a week of straight partying, the boys have an album skeleton written.
    Stage 3: The party moves to the bahamas for the rehearsals and recording to begin. Brian gets loaded out of his mind and writes 23 songs worth of lyrics, with only 8 of them being about cars.
    Stage 4: They record the album, its shit, so they listen to Flick and Powerage on repeat until they come up with something decent. Once they record the final draft, they annouce something on their website.

Angus doesn't do drugs (except tobacco).
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2014

Well he should. (except tobacco)
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2014

He bloody used to!
    Posted By: JemHe bloody used to!

When did he and when did he stop? 1978/9-ish peroid [for the stopping]?
    Posted By: DCforlife

Watch any video from the early 80s. There's NO WAY they're not all coked out of their gourds.
    Posted By: crispyvenom
    Posted By: DCforlife

Watch any video from the early 80s. There's NO WAY they're not all coked out of their gourds.

I have heard stories of them doing it in the early '80s
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2014

Some great interviews out there with them wankered. Ang is twatted on the LTBR interviews.
    • AC/DC rock music: Kev1980
    • Jan 15th 2014

He seems pretty spaced out on the No Bull interviews too !
    • AC/DC rock music: shocker
    • Jan 16th 2014

Angus doesn`t smoke pot or sniff coke.
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2014

He is out of his gourd on LTBR.
    • Jan 16th 2014

Angus is a funny looking dude. He sometimes sounds funny when he talk and can act very strange. It`s just the way he is and it has nothing to do with drugs of any kind.
    If he smoked pot he would told it at one point or another. It`s really not so bad to smoke a joint now and then. (but I`ve never done it myself).
    But there has been drugs in the band, that`s no secret. We all know about Bon and Phil of course.
    Brian said he was on coke for six months. Malcolm used to smoke pot but he didn`t do any harder drugs except for booze wich can actually be more harmful than pot.
    Cliff said he had nothing to do with drugs.
    I would say Angus has tried some stuff....tea and corn flakes can only go so far.

Not saying he was all the time fucked up,but you better believe he's not completely innocent.

lol he may be a goofy individual, but you can tell when Angus is a bit "more than himself" like those have said, certain interviews/ and even shows, he just appears to be on another level.
    WTF! stupid radio https://www.facebook...
    • Jan 17th 2014

I've always thought Angus' strange mannerisms in interviews are defence mechanisms against shyness. Sort of playing on his various alter-egos. He's totally different in some interviews to other ones. Smoking gear would explain it but yeah I'm not so sure it really accounts for all his weirdisms..
    •  
    • Jan 17th 2014

Out of his fucking gourd.
    • Jan 17th 2014

Angus has probably tried out some stuff but I don`t think he used stuff on regular basis.

I read a story about a UFO (cannot remember his name) member who became friends with Angus when AC/DC was touring with UFO in the states.
    He said that he used to sniff stuff but Angus didn`t touch it. He didn`t need it either because he had so much natural energy that it was like he was on speed all the time.
    The UFO member also described Angus as a wonderful human beeing.

But Malcolm once told a different and very funny story:
    When AC/DC arrived in Bahamas to record Back in Black and customs at the airport asked them if they had any weed with them.
    They replied that they didn`t bring any because they heard that weed was so cheap in Bahamas,
    Posted By: shocker
    But Malcolm once told a different and very funny story:
    When AC/DC arrived in Bahamas to record Back in Black and customs at the airport asked them if they had any weed with them.
    They replied that they didn`t bring any because they heard that weed was so cheap in Bahamas,

hahahah!!!!
    Posted By: JemOut of his fucking gourd.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Jan 20th 2014

damn...he looks old.
    • Jan 20th 2014

At least a pic of Mal, but no new about any album/tour.
    Old but at least he appears to be well!
    Posted By: shockerAt least a pic of Mal, but no new about any album/tour.

It was taken at an Australian airport... Then again it was a couple days after his birthday.

Posted By: nitroangus23Old but at least he appears to be well!

He looks like he just got out of bed lol
    • Jan 20th 2014 edited

Posted By: nitroangus23Old but at least he appears to be well!

Yeah he's looking fine I think - a bit more like Ang with that receding hairline! Seems well enough from that snap..
    Mal looks like death warmed up, lucky that big guy was holding him up.
    •  
    • Jan 22nd 2014

And if I may stress again, going bald as his younger sibling.
    • Jan 23rd 2014

Mal doesn`t look much older than he did on the Black Ice Tour. He is over 60 years old.
    If he can play like he used to it`s fine for me.

Angus was once asked about the secret for their success.
    He replied: "we are ain`t pretty so I guess we must be talented".
    • AC/DC rock music: dfred12
    • Jan 23rd 2014

I've noticed Brian's racing page has not been updated in a while. Usually is updated fairly consistently with his racing. Not sure if he is taking a break, or if his season is over, or if it just hasn't been updated for what ever reason.

First thought that came to my mind is maybe that he is with Malcolm and Angus or the rest of the band.
    Thoughts?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Johnnysg
    • Jan 23rd 2014

I heard rick st pierre is in paris??