To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Mar 30th 2013

Great live album as it happens. The man himself is a hypocritical borderline nazi, but hey we all got our faults.
    •  
    • Mar 30th 2013

Worldwide Live now, and this is one of my all time favourite heavy metal songs. Ever

•  
    • Mar 30th 2013

Beer must be kicking in now cause i'm bored of that. Time for this

•  
    • Mar 30th 2013 edited

And finally, to take me into the small hours a Metallica concert with a difference.

http://www.setlist.f...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Mar 31st 2013

Ted Nugent did possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen on a stage. Before coming back on for his encore two roadies pushed out a huge piece of glass (it was upright, and in a long thin, wheeled flight case) across the front of the stage. It was about 10ft high and maybe 15fy wide, and it had his signature/logo painted on it. Ted came out and started kicking his Fender Twin towards the glass, while playing a solo. There were lights in the flight case lighting up the glass. Eventually the amp came to rest against the edge of the glass and Ted sarted to turn up his guitar, getting loads of feedback. After about a minute the glass just shattered, all the stage lights came back up and he launched into State Of Shock (it was that tour....1980 I think) As a piece of theatre it was brilliant!
    •  
    • Mar 31st 2013

Now that's rock n roll
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Apr 2nd 2013

Bloody hell Pod that Maiden set from '05 is incredible, I love those Dianno albums. There's a great bootleg from Milan '93 where the first half dozen or so songs are Dianno stuff

My fave Nugent track, that main riff gets me every time

•  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Apr 2nd 2013

Ted Nugent was one of my favourite gigs of all time! State of Shock tour.

Have rediscovered the Black Crowes since their SUPERB gig on Friday!!

So "Croweology" for me right now.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Apr 2nd 2013

How was the new guitarist Jackie Green, Azel?

Setlist looked a bit 'safe' but I imagine it was pretty good fun.
    •  
    • Apr 2nd 2013

He looked one puff away from cloud 9 all night, but fitted in pretty well. Rich kept looking across to him with a mixture of smiles and assurity.
    I've not seen Chris so happy onstage before. Looked like he was really enjoying life.

They did the best version of "Hush" I've ever heard (during Hard to Handle).

Can't wait for the next outing!!
    •  
    • Apr 2nd 2013

Any song they cover is instantly improved. Incredible really.
    •  
    • Apr 2nd 2013

Posted By: 56CenturyBloody hell Pod that Maiden set from '05 is incredible,

I know. That has to be one of the greatest setlists ever. No fat at all with every single track taken from the bands very best albums. Almost as good as the UK leg of the 7th Son Tour.
    •  
    • Apr 3rd 2013

•  
    • Apr 26th 2013

Been listening to Rival Sons 'Pressure and Time'. Love this song

"We make the rules, and we both know what's got to be done.
    So pull up your dress, I'm gonna show you how the west was won."

Great stuff

•  
    • Apr 26th 2013

Jet-Get Born now

I really dig the Rival Sons.
    •  
    • Apr 26th 2013 edited

Now listening to Little Feat Live at the Orpheum, Boston 1975

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Lefty Mac
    • Apr 27th 2013

The Rolling Stones UK Mono albums (including Aftermath and Between The Buttons and Satanic Majesties)

Then I alternate em with the Motorhead discography
    •  
    • Apr 27th 2013

Marc Fucking Kung Fu Ford.

•  
    • Apr 27th 2013

I've just heard....Mott the Hoople will be playing at Manchester Apollo in November. So I've been in 'Mott' mode all day.
    •  
    • May 1st 2013

This is so cheesy, but it's epic cheese. It just makes me smile

•  
    • May 1st 2013

It is based on a classic fantasy novel as it happens. Even so, I'm smiling even more now.
    As much as you guys hate them:
    •  
    • May 2nd 2013

•  
    • May 2nd 2013

Just been listening to the new Black Spiders track 'Teenage Knife Gang'. Much more like it by the band. Certainly puts 'Creatures' in the shade. maybe there's hope for the new album yet.
    •  
    • May 2nd 2013

It's going to be killer. 'Sons' was a varied album as well. I think Creatures will grow on you.
    •  
    • May 2nd 2013

Dunno. It just has that 90's alt rock feel to it. I don't mind that music, but it's not very BS. I was genuinely surprised when I heard the song, and not in a good way. Just doesn't sound like the band. Now Teenage Knife Gang on the other hand. Of course that version is unmastered, so we shall have to see what some production does to it.
    •  
    • May 3rd 2013

Here's an Aussie band that most of you won't know....The Casanovas. I loaded a whole load of stuff onto my ipod last night and just stuck it on shuffle while driving my truck today. This little beauty leapt out at me, and I'm now drinking a rather fine bottle of Barefoot Shiraz and smirking!

•  
    • May 3rd 2013

•  
    • May 4th 2013

The Casanovas got the usual treatment when they came out, another Australian AC/DC band. Thought they were a good rocking band live. Are they still going?
    Went to see the Temperance Movement on Friday night. Absolutely brilliant. Real nice guys as well. A heads up to Jem for bringing them to my attention. Proof that everything he says isn't always bollocks
    •  
    • May 12th 2013

I'm having a great day...Watford are through to Wembley, and Warrington RL won in the challenge cup. I'm off work tomorrow so the wine is flowing and I'm about to cook a palak paneer from scratch. Got to listen to some cookery music....can't beat Nick Cave when in a good mood! (never listen to the bad Seeds if you're pissed off....you'll break something!)
    •  
    • Jun 7th 2013

Best rock record of the year for me so far

•  
    • Jun 7th 2013

Just, from these boys whose album is terrific.

•  
    • Jun 7th 2013

The cold Sweat cover on Supercollider had me raching for this LP tonight. Not Lizzy's finest hour, but a decent listen overall.

•  
    • Jun 7th 2013

New Qotsa. Happy
    New Sabbath. Not happy
    •  
    • Jun 8th 2013

Posted By: 56CenturyNew Sabbath. Not happy

How come? I think it's a good effort all things considered. I was certainly expecting something that sounded more like an Ozzy Osbourne album that a BS one. I think it's a modern take on an old formula. Certainly works for me on 3 listens.
    •  
    • Jun 8th 2013

Gonna give it another go tonight. After one listen I thought Geezer & Tony have done great, Wilk too. I found myself cringing at the lyrics and some of the awful rhyming. Oz is hitting the notes but just sounds like he's reading a script. Too much plodding stuff (thats Sabbath I know) and a little bit cliche in places, the first part of the opening track is just too close to Black Sabbath the song. I like the last three tracks better than anything that comes before them.
    Oh and the artwork absolutely stinks. Coulda been so much better
    •  
    • Jun 8th 2013

Posted By: 56CenturyGonna give it another go tonight. After one listen I thought Geezer & Tony have done great, Wilk too. I found myself cringing at the lyrics and some of the awful rhyming. Oz is hitting the notes but just sounds like he's reading a script. Too much plodding stuff (thats Sabbath I know) and a little bit cliche in places, the first part of the opening track is just too close to Black Sabbath the song. I like the last three tracks better than anything that comes before them.
    Oh and the artwork absolutely stinks. Coulda been so much better

I know what you mean, but as an album I think it's so much better than it could have been. I was expecting a record that just tried to sound like Sabbath but failed miserably. I think the fact this is so true to their original sound is it's strongest asset, plodding numbers and all. Must admit the start slow, speed up, slow to end trick is slightly overcooked here.

As for the lyrics, unfortunately the best lyrics often require tons of drugs.

Agree on the artwork, the name even. It's isn't the bands or even Ozzy era Sabbath's 13th album, so is just a cliche on the whole 'unlucky 13' thing. That said, I gave up staring at album covers intently when I switched to CD's.

The last 3 are cracking songs
    •  
    • Jun 8th 2013

Its a little polished too. Bit more dirt under its nails wouldn't have hurt
    •  
    • Jun 8th 2013

Posted By: 56CenturyIts a little polished too. Bit more dirt under its nails wouldn't have hurt

Agree with that, but that's what you get when Rick Rubin produces your album. As I said before, my 2 criticisms are the production is a little too clean, and Ozzy's vocals aren't as good as they ought to be. That said, he's an old man who's put his body through hell, so I'm fairly grateful he can sing on the album at all.
    •  
    • Jun 8th 2013

Liked it better second time around, after some sweet leaf and a couple of brews. There are some fantastic moments on it. Iommi is just ripping all the way through. His solo's are fantastic. Damaged Soul is a beast of a tune. Ozzy... just sounds like he's going through the motions. Which is respectable that he still can I suppose.
    I needn't have got the deluxe version. 8 tunes is plenty.
    •  
    • Jun 8th 2013

Ive just sat and played through all their first 5 albums, and whilst 13 never quite touches the highs of those, it is probably a more consistent and level album overall than most of those releases.

Agree on Ozzy's sound but remember, whilst on some of the early works he is absolutely belting it out, this is 35-40 years later than anything he did with the band back in the day, and time, along with the self abuse, will have taken it's toll He wouldn't be the first frontman who isn't packing the same puch decades after his heyday.

A few more listens in today and I still really like 13. Like I say, much like A Different Kind of Truth, not quite a band at their absolute peak but much, much better than I could of ever hoped for.
    •  
    • Jun 8th 2013

True mate. I really have a problem with that 13 artwork. Its worse than Technical Ecstasy. Awful.
    Why stop at the first 5? Sabotage is my favourite Sabbath album, better than SBS
    •  
    • Jun 9th 2013

Posted By: 56CenturyTrue mate. I really have a problem with that 13 artwork. Its worse than Technical Ecstasy. Awful.
    Why stop at the first 5? Sabotage is my favourite Sabbath album, better than SBS

Agree the artwork is quite uninspired, and I'm not sure about the whole lenticular cover. I would have kept going but it was late and the beer fridge was dry. Maybe I''ll spin it tonight seeing as I have been shopping and topped up on Trooper Beer
    •  
    • Jun 10th 2013

Does it smell of acrid smoke and horse's breath?
    •  
    • Jun 10th 2013

Hahaha. No but when I woke up this morning my body was numb and my throat was dry.
    •  
    • Jun 12th 2013

Deep Purple - Buuuuuuuuuuuurn... not a huge fan of Glenn Hughes but a great album
    •  
    • Jun 12th 2013

Posted By: 56CenturyDeep Purple - Buuuuuuuuuuuurn... not a huge fan of Glenn Hughes but a great album

Good album, but I do prefer the pre Coverdale stuff myself.
    •  
    • Jun 12th 2013

Listening to the new Black Spiders album, This Savage Land. Very good