To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Greta Van Fleet "covering" Ozzy's Crazy Train back in 2012. This was recorded before they struck their deal with the devil, obviously.

Oh oh oh...

Not sure if many here would care for this sort of thing. I didn't think I would, but the drums, man, the fucking drums are fantastic. They've got a great feel to them after the "singer" (he's somewhat of a rapper, too) screams the song title at around 1:07. The singer's alright, but tends to focus on the message more than the music (as a DC fan, I don't care for that..). The bassist looks fucking stupid. The guitarist (pretty sure I battled this motherfucker in guitar hero 3) is alright, too, and has a very distinct sound (at least for the 90's), but nothing I could really get into. This song is all about the drums.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 12th 2019

Posted By: Wholelottatobe
    ABBA made some very good catchy music. This one being one of their most rocking one. Some resemblance of Big Jack in there.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Feb 12th 2019 edited

Posted By: MyCubiclePenguin
    Not sure if many here would care for this sort of thing. I didn't think I would, but the drums, man, the fucking drums are fantastic. They've got a great feel to them after the "singer" (he's somewhat of a rapper, too) screams the song title at around 1:07. The singer's alright, but tends to focus on the message more than the music (as a DC fan, I don't care for that..). The bassist looks fucking stupid. The guitarist (pretty sure I battled this motherfucker in guitar hero 3) is alright, too, and has a very distinct sound (at least for the 90's), but nothing I could really get into. This song is all about the drums.
    Love this song very much. Did a lot of pogoing on it back in the days. Nice thing to know; during this gig at the Pinkpop festival, an earthquake magnitude 1 was recorded due to the masses jumping up and down at the same time.

Great track/post Penguin. And, despite what you say, I’m sure most people on the site appreciate it as such - even if there’s a punk-fearing, denim-wearing, somewhat conservative & narrow-minded real ale bore element to the AC/DC fan base, it’s a minority element and seldom represented here;)

Respectfully disagree about Rage - the firebrand politics was an indelible and inseparable part of what made them great.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Feb 12th 2019

Posted By: Alex Lebanon

Great track/post Penguin. And, despite what you say, I’m sure most people on the site appreciate it as such - even if there’s a punk-fearing, denim-wearing, somewhat conservative & narrow-minded real ale bore element to the AC/DC fan base, it’s a minority element and seldom represented here;)

Respectfully disagree about Rage - the firebrand politics was an indelible and inseparable part of what made them great.

One of the most important bands in my life.

The musicians also went on to form Audioslave with Chris Cornell and knocked some good stuff.

Know your enemy.
    British hiphop doesn't always convince - especially when it tries to ape American rap - but its hard to deny that this feels authentically British/London:

• AC/DC rock music: CANADA
    • Feb 12th 2019

Starland Vocal Band
    Juice Newton
    Dan Fogelberg
    Blue Man Group
    Heavy breathing Grandpa Coverdale is back.

• AC/DC rock music: 900
    • Feb 14th 2019 edited

I saw an ad / snippet for that... the song title "Shut up & kiss me" - how embarrassing is that? He sounds so camp he might as well bet Lionel Blair in the band to sing it live..

Sounds pretty good (in an 80s naff way) in fairness! He's hiding in the chorus though, I guess he doesn't have the pipes for the high stuff anymore..
    I love the first Rage Against The Machine album. KILLER riffs, great groove and solid rhythm. Once you get used to the ''rapping'' instead of singing, I enjoy it a lot.
    Posted By: 900I saw an ad / snippet for that... the song title "Shut up & kiss me" - how embarrassing is that? He sounds so camp he might as well bet Lionel Blair in the band to sing it live..

Sounds pretty good (in an 80s naff way) in fairness! He's hiding in the chorus though, I guess he doesn't have the pipes for the high stuff anymore..

Didn't the guy already become an embarrassment in 1987?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Feb 15th 2019 edited

I like much of the really old early Whitesnake stuff, and some of the later stuff. I have followed them for many years live. We all know that these old singers will lose much of their voice sooner or later. Coverdale had one of the greatest voices back in the day no denying. His voice on the last tour in 2018 was pretty terrible and that was no news, and he was clearly way out of shape aswell. The last thing was more alarming for me. He was always in tip top shape earlier on. He should retire this band. This new single wont do any difference. Mediocre and bland.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Feb 16th 2019

Just adding to Meanstreak's post, even though I'm not mostly listening to this today. ELO has some good tunes.

• AC/DC rock music: nimeta
    • Feb 16th 2019 edited

Posted By: WholelottatobeI like much of the really old early Whitesnake stuff, and some of the later stuff. I have followed them for many years live. We all know that these old singers will lose much of their voice sooner or later. Coverdale had one of the greatest voices back in the day no denying. His voice on the last tour in 2018 was pretty terrible and that was no news, and he was clearly way out of shape aswell. The last thing was more alarming for me. He was always in tip top shape earlier on. He should retire this band. This new single wont do any difference. Mediocre and bland.

here is an often overlooked but bloody amazing solo album of Coverdale....very bluesy, but not a single filler on the album (IMHO)...with a certain Wendy Dio on backing vocals!!!

My first ever gig as a kid was on the Slide it In tour....I was blown away (but what did I know in my teens?)...hate their later stuff though
    Posted By: nimeta
    Posted By: WholelottatobeI like much of the really old early Whitesnake stuff, and some of the later stuff. I have followed them for many years live. We all know that these old singers will lose much of their voice sooner or later. Coverdale had one of the greatest voices back in the day no denying. His voice on the last tour in 2018 was pretty terrible and that was no news, and he was clearly way out of shape aswell. The last thing was more alarming for me. He was always in tip top shape earlier on. He should retire this band. This new single wont do any difference. Mediocre and bland.

here is an often overlooked but bloody amazing solo album of Coverdale....very bluesy, but not a single filler on the album (IMHO)...with a certain Wendy Dio on backing vocals!!!

My first ever gig as a kid was on the Slide it In tour....I was blown away (but what did I know in my teens?)...hate their later stuff though

That is great stuff.
    Great Aussie band from the 70's, 80's & 90's.... The Angels performing "I Ain't The One". They also started out on the Alberts Production label in Australia. Saw these guys live about 6 or 7 times. Awesome live band! :-)

When I was a wee lad, my mother would listen to Tommy James & the Shondelles. I still love the music.

• AC/DC rock music: pivaro
    • Feb 19th 2019

One of my personal favorites , live , the albums lack something to me . Megatalented Richie Kotzen .

Heavy stuff. Have been listening to Vivian Campbell lately. Like his solos.

AC/DC ABBA MAIDEN PRIEST- I COVER IT, AND I LOVE IT

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Meanstreak
    • Feb 24th 2019 edited

Cambodian rock:

Ros Sereysothea: The Queen of Cambodian Rock

Ros Sereysothea - good stuff.
    Posted By: Alex LebanonRos Sereysothea - good stuff.

Yeah. This a Cambodian garage rocker from the same era, a guy called Yol Aularong:

When I read the words 'Cambodian Garage Rock' I had to check April 1st hadn't come early! My ignorance, clearly, just read some interesting stuff on wiki. Very sad what happened to Ros S & at such a young age.
    Posted By: Alex LebanonWhen I read the words 'Cambodian Garage Rock' I had to check April 1st hadn't come early! My ignorance, clearly, just read some interesting stuff on wiki. Very sad what happened to Ros S & at such a young age.

To me it's fascinating. I lived there for a while and some time ago I looked up music from Cambodia and found out about the rock scene they had. Very interesting and, yes, traumatic past.

Haven't yet seen, but there is one documentary: https://www.imdb.com...

And a movie with Matt Dillon whose soundtrack has artists from that period: https://www.imdb.com...
    •  
    • Feb 25th 2019

RIP Mark Hollis.
    •  
    • Feb 26th 2019

Back on Tears For Fears today:

I saw the Killers in Hyde Park a couple of years ago and was astonished when Tears For Fears came on stage mid afternoon - such a massive band in the 80s.
    •  
    • Feb 26th 2019 edited

Here's another oldie but goodie that I've been listening to this evening. Too bad they went pop. Their first album is great. (Second album good too, but not old school like this stuff)

•  
    • Feb 27th 2019

• AC/DC rock music: 0x13
    • Feb 27th 2019

Cosmic Psychos - Nice day to go to the pub

Cosmic Psychos - Fuckwit City

Cosmic Psychos - Better, Not Bitter

Cosmic Psychos - Kill Bill

There's something so nostalgic to me about the Beatles' first album. It really embodies that era of music for me, and I can't find anything quite like it. There's something about the entire album that I can't quite put my finger on, but I think I love the feel/memory of it more than the actual music (although the music is fantastic for the most part).

This particular track ain't really rock, but instead a sort of pop/soul mixture.
    •  
    • Feb 27th 2019 edited

I was listening to this song on the radio today and it made me wonder how people can't like the Beatles. I get that they're not going to be everyone's favorite band, but some of the songs are so good. Revolver is such a great album.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: FreoBoy
    • Feb 27th 2019

•  
      AC/DC rock music: FreoBoy
    • Feb 27th 2019

And when he was a wee bit younger !