[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Feb 4th 2013

The food has changed at DL. Used to be top notch when they had the little independent traders with their home made burgers and sausages.....

look at these babies!!!!!!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Feb 4th 2013

Is that all sausages?????? Sod the bands, I'd spend the day with her
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

If my memory serves me right (often doesn't), sausages and onions cooked in red wine in one pan, spuds, onions and bacon in the other!!
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

Posted By: azelIf my memory serves me right (often doesn't), sausages and onions cooked in red wine in one pan, spuds, onions and bacon in the other!!

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Feb 4th 2013 edited

The Black Crowes. In all their glory. One dream from waking up saved.

•  
    • Feb 5th 2013

Purple Rain - Prince (on the radio)

One of my top ten "guilty pleasures".

LOVE this song.

DISCIPLINA KI─îME
    •  
    • Feb 6th 2013

The best British rock band I have heard in years. Nor perfect but fucking good.

•  
    • Feb 7th 2013

Metallica live at Nottingham Trent FM Arena, 25th Feb 2009. I love the fact I can have decent quality recordings of all the Metallica gigs I attend, courtesy of the bands website. A great idea.
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2013

Posted By: JemThe best British rock band I have heard in years. Nor perfect but fucking good.

Thinking about it, I have a sneaky feeling these guys opened for Buckcherry here last November (with Kobra and the Lotus on second).
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2013

That would be right. Sure I have seen them down for doing that.
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2013

To be honest I didn't see them. Got there as the second act was on the last song or so. Still managed to get up to the barrier though. Shame, if I'd known I might have set off earlier.
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2013

I think The Treatment have been supporting K#@* in the US.
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2013

The things these new bands have to do to get famous. I think Heavens Basement supported Bon Jovi a couple of years ago.
    Posted By: PodMetallica live at Nottingham Trent FM Arena, 25th Feb 2009. I love the fact I can have decent quality recordings of all the Metallica gigs I attend, courtesy of the bands website. A great idea.

I love how they do that as well. Another beautiful thing about it is that they mix up their set every show something is always new....I would like to see AC/DC do that even though they don't change anything night-after-night.
    today its Snakecharmer (whitesnake lite, echoing their classic period Trouble up to Saints an Sinners withouth the Cov factor) and Biffy Clyro- Opposites. Yep its a stupid name but the music really rocks
    •  
    • Feb 8th 2013

Whats stupid about Cliff's byro?

Snakecharmer - Micky Moody & Neil Murray? Thats the second recommendation for it I've had in as many days!
    •  
    • Feb 8th 2013

Posted By: azelWhats stupid about Cliff's byro?
    blockquote>

As we dubbed them at Download last year, Whiffy Gyro
    •  
    • Feb 8th 2013

Listening to some Rhino Bucket tonight. Pain (the Suffering version) at the minute. And Then It Got Ugly next I think
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Feb 9th 2013 edited

Finally heard Cliffy's Byro the other day after hearing the name for a while.
    Gay.
    •  
    • Feb 9th 2013

Spinning some of the old vinyl this afternoon and fished out this old chestnut

•  
    • Feb 9th 2013

Riot now

•  
    • Feb 9th 2013

Pearl Jam up now. The first two, and in my opinion best two albums

The songs on these albums are fucking dynamite. When the albums came out I just couldn't marry this up with the grunge scene of the time, and bands like Nirvana and Alice in Chains, yet that was where they were being lumped.

•  
    • Feb 9th 2013

•  
    • Feb 9th 2013

This has got to be one of my all time favourite albums. I remember when it came out and I was very sceptical due to the grunge tag they were already being given, but the LP just blew me away. Immense

•  
    • Feb 9th 2013

A few years ago I started a thread asking what was the best debut album by a band. We had lots of suggestions from Appetite For Destruction to Are You Experienced. I gotta say, right now I would vote here

•  
    • Feb 9th 2013

We'll, after also listening to Vitalology, I've done with Pearl Jam for the evening.

Johnny Cash now :)
    •  
    • Feb 9th 2013

•  
    • Feb 11th 2013

Faith No More. All fucking day.

Awesome day was had by all. Well me.
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2013

Lots of Radiohead at the moment.

A lot of their stuff is way out there, in fact too far out there for me. But at their best, they are sublime.
    An acquired taste though, but one that continues to grow on me after years of listening.
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2013

I left Radiohead behind following the album after Kid A. The Bends and OK Comp are two magnificent albums but I felt after that they became deliberately 'difficult'.
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2013

I agree mate, Amnesiac (after Kid A) is probably the most inaccesible album I've ever come across.
    But Hail to the thief and In Rainbows are brilliant.
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2013

I was lucky enough to catch them at Glastonbury in '97. One of the three best gigs I have ever seen. I've heard that In Rainbows is a good record but I've never checked it out. Might make that my task for this evening.
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2013

They are the one band I've not seen that I really want to, but for one reason or another, I miss out every time!

What were the other two in your top 3?
    Pretty sure I know one of em! ;o)
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2013

One is obvious. The boys at Roseland (although Hockenheim is close)

And The Black Crowes at the Royal Albert Hall in '97. Transcendent gig.
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2013

Cool.

Mine would be first DC gig, UFO - Schenker reunion at the Astoria in th '90s and Van Halen at the Rainbow in '80.

was so tempted to say KISS - Dynasty tour, but didn't want to risk being hunted down.
    •  
    • Feb 12th 2013

Loved the Astoria. Caught some great gigs there. The Black Crowes again in 96 for a start. Miss those old pillars.
    •  
    • Feb 13th 2013

Pattons latest project today

•  
    • Feb 15th 2013

Fucking word.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Feb 16th 2013

Rocket from the Crypt today.
    I saw these live at Manchester Academy in 1995, blagged my way backstage and onto their tourbus. What followed was fucking mayhem, but involved 30 people getting chucked out of Rockworld (nightclub) and the Police searching us all for 'narcotics'. Me getting banned from the Britannia Hotel in Manchester, stealing a baby but putting it back before anybody noticed and losing a boot before walking 6 miles in completely the wrong direction trying to get home! Ah well.....it will all be in the book.
    The Scream Dracula Scream album open with 3 songs.....

•  
    • Feb 16th 2013

Saw those boys a couple of times. Good live band.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Lefty Mac
    • Feb 16th 2013

Zappa/Beefheart/Mothers, Bongo Fury tour - 1975/04/11 Late Show, Claremont, CA, US of A.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocker
    • Feb 19th 2013

Today i have been listening to Oscar Pistorius's favourite song.

The Ramones and Eddie Cochran are my choices for today.
    •  
    • Feb 19th 2013

Damn fine choices
    •  
    • Feb 20th 2013

Been listening to Piece of Mind and Somewher in Time in the car, two different sides to Maiden but both classic albums. I have a boot of a live gig from '86 on the SIT tour from Paris. Cracking stuff.

Also had some Metallica boots on the go. Was listening to the Milton Keynes gig from '93. That was a great day out at the time and listening to the audio 20 years later, you can reall hear a ferocity in the music that isn't quite there any more. Funny really, cause old age seems to be making me angrier by the day.
    •  
    • Feb 20th 2013

Muse - Shepherds Bush Empire Monday night's gig.
    •  
    • Feb 20th 2013

Deep Purple, the truly brilliant In Rock
    •  
    • Feb 20th 2013 edited

Not a massive fan of keyboards in rock, but boy could John Lord add something to a song