To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Jan 28th 2013

Lightning to the Nations. Absolutely brillaint album.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 28th 2013

FTATR in and out of work today.

And now I'm listening to Heaven's Basement.
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Nice band Rockeroller! Cheers :)
    http://shelovespablo...

here you can download their new album ;)
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

For free?
    yes they're give it for free ;)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocker
    • Jan 29th 2013

Heard these guys on RealXS the other day and thought WOW, what a voice. Check em out.
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Listening to Audioslave at the moment. I love Cochise
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Downloaded

Audioslave at their best are pretty much right up there. Insanely good.
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Posted By: RockerHeard these guys on RealXS the other day and thought WOW, what a voice. Check em out.

Fuckin' Hell. Some pipes there. Nice find Rocker.

That's two quality British Rock bands in week.

•  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Fucking hell.

•  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Anyone want to try to set up a British rock festival?
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Posted By: JemAnyone want to try to set up a British rock festival?

Black Spiders, The Treatment, The Answer, Million Dollar Reload, Jettblack, Gentleman's Pistols, etc... plenty out there
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

That's what I was thinking . . .
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Posted By: JemThat's what I was thinking . . .

Tempt these boys out as well.

•  
    • Jan 29th 2013

^^^ Thunder have actually came out of retirement AGAIN, and are touring with Journey and Whitesnake in May, i know who'll win THAT battle of the bands lol
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

I saw that. Quality band. Ridiculous that they were never the biggest band in the world. I hope they put together another headline tour.

Unless they want to headline the British Rock festival that me and Pod are putting on.
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

I've been to 2 Thunder farewell shows now lol,had more farewell tours than Frank Sinatra, cracking band, Danny is a great singer but he folded them up last time to become a fuckin promoter, it normally goes the other way...promoter dreams of being Rock star, not Rock star dreams of being a promoter. Still they would be the perfect Headliner for your Festival and if you build it....they will come...and I'd buy a ticket, well when I'd say buy a ticket, i would expect some sort of Compo's for all your friends and fellow AC/DC fans.net buddies :)
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

I've not seen them for a good few years.

You might have to work for your compos :)
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

I am NOT, repeat NOT sucking anyone's cock.........
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

No backstage pass.
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Posted By: RockerI am NOT, repeat NOT sucking anyone's cock.........

No need, you can work the burger van. Assuming Beano's brother turns the invite down of course.

As for thunder, last time I saw them was Christmas 2011 at Rock City for one of their Christmas shows. Superb night with a semi acoustic set as the opener then an electric set as the main. Great atmosphere, especially when they closed with a crowd fueled Merry Christmas Everybody. They released a cd with highlights of the 2 nights, but also as a ticket holder you got a different cd of the 2 gigs free. Something special for those that were actually there. They've done 1 or 2 of these Christmas shows at Nottingham down the years but due to 2011's massive demand, hence the 2nd night, they've decided to move it round the country each year now. It was 2 gigs in Manchester last month. Well worth checking out if it comes anywhere near where you in future.
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

Obviously it's a given that Motorhead are on the bill for our festival
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

And there is another Headliner. Two days. Or one mental one?
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

One day, two stages, stagger the bands, set the speakers up so we can stand in the middle and get perfect sound from whichever stage we face. That particular sweet spot will have a very well stocked beer vendor one side and Rocker's burger van the other.

Fuck let's do it.
    •  
    • Jan 29th 2013

There is an aerodrome just north of me that has been used in the past. . .
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Lefty Mac
    • Jan 30th 2013

Put my band as a headliner. We play a mix of Stooges, AC/DC, Nirvana, Melvins and Pink Floyd.
    •  
    • Jan 31st 2013

Definitely Maybe
    (What's the Story) Morning Glory.

Just to remind me that there were a few bright moments in the big black cloud that was mid 90's rock.
    •  
    • Jan 31st 2013

Back in Black up next. I've not listened to it for a while yet the moment that bell tolls it's like meeting up with an old friend I haven't seen for years, and just picking up where we left off over a pint. Superb album that only LTBR can ever truly rival.
    •  
    • Jan 31st 2013

And by rival I of course mean 'better'.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Feb 1st 2013 edited

No matter what I listen to, I always end up coming back to just 2 bands. One of them is what this website is all about....here's the other....turn it fucking UP!!

•  
    • Feb 1st 2013

This. Over and over again.

•  
    • Feb 1st 2013

Georgia Satellites - Georgia Satellites and Open All Night
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Nuthin' Fancy and Street Survivors
    Aerosmith - Toys in the Attic and Rocks
    •  
    • Feb 1st 2013

Posted By: PodGeorgia Satellites - Georgia Satellites and Open All Night

Had those on last week. Great records.

Rest of this gig is youtube too.
    Johnny cash.
    Album: american IV
    Song: I Hung My Head
    •  
    • Feb 3rd 2013

Just listened to an tape from about 1986 (iPod broken). LTBR, BBB, WLR, HAABPTB, Live Wire (b side TTM), SGB (b side YSMANL), HTH and Night Prowler. Best journey in a loooong time.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Feb 4th 2013

Biffy Clyro - Opposites
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

Posted By: azelBiffy Clyro - Opposites

Any good?
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

Yeah really good. Sounds like a continuation of the last one to be honest. Very accessible as well, got me first time!
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013 edited

A mate met Metallica before the 2011 Sonishphere Big 4 gig, as part of the fanclub meet and greet stuff, and he got chatting with Lars. Lars commented on how much these things had changed since the good old days of MoR, saying how back in the day it was 1 day of hard rock and metal, for proper headbangers. As if to emphasise this he asked my mate if he knew 'who the fuck Biffy fucking Clyro are?' and just shook his head. They were headlining the Sunday of the festival.

Only thing I know about them is what I saw at Download last year, and I find myself in Lars' camp to be honest.
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

They were disappointing at DL last year.
    The first time I saw them I walked out after 15 minutes, the second time I slept through their entire set, and the third I walked out to go get some scoff (all festivals and support slots).
    But, I got into them later, and when they supported Muse at Wembley a couple of years ago, got to say it was one of the best live performances I've ever seen.
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013 edited

Well if our paths cross again, I'll give them a second chance but I can't help thinking it's a music rather than performance thing for me. Gotta say though even if I don't really like a band's music, a good performance can win me over to a certain extent. Prime example was Korn at OzzFest in 2010. I don't like their brand of music that much, depite my mate ramming it down my throat every time I'm round his for a drink, but live they were superb.

Posted By: azelthe third I walked out to go get some scoff

What is it with you and festival food? You sure you wouldn't take an (edit) XXL in that 'DC shirt cause they got plenty of them left?
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

I love me food!!!

I am an XL, but they haven't got any Dirty Deeds ones.
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

Edited, that's what you get for adding notes at work
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013 edited

Posted By: PodWell if our paths cross again, I'll give them a second chance but I can't help thinking it's a music rather than performance thing for me. Gotta say though even if I don't really like a band's music, a good performance can win me over to a certain extent. Prime example was Korn at OzzFest in 2010. I don't like their brand of music that much, depite my mate ramming it down my throat every time I'm round his for a drink, but live they were superb.

What is it with you and festival food? You sure you wouldn't take an (edit) XXL in that 'DC shirt cause they got plenty of them left?

Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit all fantastic at DL in the past, but I wouldn't buy anything by any of them.

Oh, and......cheeky fucker!
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

Posted By: azelThey were disappointing at DL last year.
    The first time I saw them I walked out after 15 minutes, the second time I slept through their entire set, and the third I walked out to go get some scoff (all festivals and support slots).
    But, I got into them later, and when they supported Muse at Wembley a couple of years ago, got to say it was one of the best live performances I've ever seen.

Funnily enough that was the same gig that convinced me that they were a band on the up!
    •  
    • Feb 4th 2013

Posted By: azel
    Posted By: PodWell if our paths cross again, I'll give them a second chance but I can't help thinking it's a music rather than performance thing for me. Gotta say though even if I don't really like a band's music, a good performance can win me over to a certain extent. Prime example was Korn at OzzFest in 2010. I don't like their brand of music that much, depite my mate ramming it down my throat every time I'm round his for a drink, but live they were superb.

Korn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit all fantastic at DL in the past, but I wouldn't buy anything by any of them.

Oh, and......cheeky fucker!

:) Anyway you ain't met me yet. I'm not exactly shy of saying hello to the noodle bars at Download. On the Sunday in 2010, when it was wet and bloody freezing, the noodles and spring rolls (with lashings of sweet chilli sauce) were all that kept me going at some points.

Back on topic, listening to the adio rip of Stiff Upper Lip Live in the car today. Skipped YSMANL and TS, so got SUL, PC, HAABPTB, HAAR, STT and RnRANP. Made my Moday morning commute just that little bit less painful.