To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: BS/BJ
    • Jan 14th 2013

One I don't listen to anywhere near enough... FLY ON THE WALL album, on my new headphones whilst I bumble around Chester.

TAME THIS ANIMAL, HELP ME TO BREATHE! Oh yes! Their most under rated album. AYE AYE OH indeed.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Jan 14th 2013

That album could've been a contender with a little more thought in some of the song writing and some production. Any production in fact.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jan 14th 2013

The Answer - "Live at Planet Rock Xmas party" was my trip to work music.

One of the best "modern" bands in my opinion.
    Farewell to Kings- Rush

Posted By: PodThat album could've been a contender with a little more thought in some of the song writing and some production. Any production in fact.

and this I agree with ^
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2013

Posted By: carlos fandangoFarewell to Kings- Rush

Good call. They're gracing my ears next.
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2013

Radiohead - Karma Police at the moment.

Love 'em!!
    Posted By: BS/BJ

Good call. They're gracing my ears next.

and after that I'm going for 2112
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 14th 2013

Dead Sara

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocker
    • Jan 14th 2013

UFO, Strangers in the Night, What a fuckin sooperb album
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2013

Posted By: RockerUFO, Strangers in the Night, What a fuckin sooperb album

Second only to "If you want blood" as far as live albums go in my book. And their reunion and performance of it at the Astoria in the '90s was probably the second best gig I've been to!!
    •  
    • Jan 14th 2013

Pyromania. I was really getting into rock/metal when this came out and if I had any lingering doubts, Pyromania sealed the deal completely.
    Motorhead - Stay Clean.
    Blue Rodeo- Trust Yourself
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Lefty Mac
    • Jan 14th 2013 edited

Hard As a Rock followed by cover you in oil while looking at this:
    Over The Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin
    Houses of the Holy - Zeppelin
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Landslide
    • Jan 14th 2013

I hope the thread title is a reference to The Fast Show...
    Deep Purple, the Burn album
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Jan 15th 2013

Thin Lizzy - Fighting

Posted By: PodThat album could've been a contender with a little more thought in some of the song writing and some production. Any production in fact.

and this I agree with ^

and that I agree with. Not the Rush bit tho
    The T.N.T. Album.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

Shoot. To. Thrill.

I just woke up and took my medicine
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

"Hot Cakes", The Darkness. DERIDE ME.

That song is sick, I love that Powerage homage cover art too. Great album.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

Scorpions and Blackout in the car this morning. Superb album, another one that really inspired when I was finding my way musically. Lovedrive for the way home.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

"another one that really inspired when I was finding my way musically".

In 1978 I discovered AC/DC, Scorpions, UFO, Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, Whitesnake.....I could have survived the rest of my life musically and been happy with those bands alone.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

For me it was AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Saxon, Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath as the main contenders, and they are probably still my favourite 1/2 dozen bands. After that is was individual albums like Blackout, Pyromania, Long Live Rock and Roll, VH1, etc... that reinforced what those other bands had started in me.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

Did you discover all that lot at once?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Rocker
    • Jan 15th 2013

Today i have been mostly listening to the other half moaning like fuck that we need a holiday.......So, Gran Canaria here we come in April....
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

Posted By: azelDid you discover all that lot at once?

AC/DC were first, but then the others all came very quickly after that. That's the beauty of having an older brother who likes that sort of music. I used to 'borrow' all his LP's and record them to play on my Walkman, then take the dog for a walk whilst listening to them. She loved it cause most nights she got walked for 2-3 hours
    This has to be one of the most underrated bands in the world:

And this is a great Ted Nugent record:

Who's that band, Mean?
    Tesla...
    Thanks, mate! I'll have a listen!
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

IYWB, Denim and Leather, Fighting, Overkill, Heaven and Hell, were the first albums I remember listening to (IYWB being the very first) so I guess it was about '81. I got BIB for Christmas that year and was made up. I played that copy to death. Still got it but it's scratched to hell and the sleeve is well creased. TNOTB came soon after, probably my brother got it in '82 for his birthday which is the end of March, so it must have only just come out. I still remember sitting at the foot of my parents bed watching him open it and being blown away by the artwork. Seeing that cover, I knew straight off that this was a band I was gonna want to follow. After that I just raided his room whenever I could and played as much of his stuff as I could get away with.

Then he turned on the radio on a Friday night, and things were never the same again.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

Posted By: MeanstreakTesla...

great band.
    Yeah, I've just listened to that song, now; they sound very good.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

AC/DC were the first band and for a very long time the only band I got into. Everything else sounded weak and empty. Still does really.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

Posted By: JemAC/DC were the first band and for a very long time the only band I got into. Everything else sounded weak and empty. Still does really.

^Ditto exactly. I can remember the other kids in school taking the piss out of me for liking them, instead of jumping on the Maiden/Metallica etc bandwagons. I was literally the only kid in my year who loved AC/DC. And with ginger hair, so a double whammy lol
    Today I listened to mostly AC/DC, right now Rosie '80 Paris, France
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

This evening, I have mostly listened to LTBR. God I love that tone.
    I agree, Jem.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

Beatles to floyd to a bunch of prog bands to zep to sabbath to stones to AC/DC Ages 3,6, 8, 11, 12 14, 15 then on came zappa and beefheart at 19. Co nsistency in keeping my interest just stayed with AC/DC and Beefheart, AC/DC obviously being the winner of the two. funny how I ended up with the rockingest rock'n'roll ever on one hand and the most brilliant bluesman ever.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

Oh, and MIss Nothing, Pretty reckless. I like bands with hot girls that can sing. So sue me.
    •  
    • Jan 15th 2013

AC/DC Paris BIB tour 1980.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jan 16th 2013

JOY DIVISION
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2013

UFO - Walk on water
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2013

Motorhead - We Are motorhead
    Went on a bit of a trip in the car yesterday and had Eliminator ZZ Top blasting out most of the way. I forgot how great that album is. Not a duffer on there.

Today its going to be Hemispheres by Rush
    Posted By: carlos fandangoWent on a bit of a trip in the car yesterday and had Eliminator ZZ Top blasting out most of the way. I forgot how great that album is. Not a duffer on there.

Today its going to be Hemispheres by Rush

I Got The Six and Bad Girl should be more appreciated,I love both those songs (and the album as a whole really.)

ZZ Top are another of my favorite bands,in my top 5 I'd say.
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2013

I just can't seem to get really into ZZTop. I've seen them live and got four or so albums but for whatever reason I just seem to like bits and pieces. Probably need to make more of an effort.