To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

Check it out dudes, I had a good quality VHS transfer and I synced the "12 single audio over top the footage.Might just be the best version of the complete performance out there today.

Way better than this version right?

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Jan 3rd 2013

Better sound. Better image.

I do like the thump and flash at the beginning of the old version mind.
    Kick ass.
    Phil is such a fucking mad man here!!
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Jan 3rd 2013 edited

I'm not trying to step on any toes or knock your work Nitro, but I think the best version I've HEARD (correct pitch I mean).

That VHS is definitely the best I've seen though, cool upload!
    Is it me or do Phil's drums sound weird on both versions? His hi-hat is nearly inaudible, but in the Backtracks version it's loud and clear.
    You know what's funny Spellbound? That one you posted is the very same one I used in mine!

Me and TheACDCDoctor both got it from BigNate over on acdc-bootlegs.net, the only difference is I had to adjust the tempo to match the video speed (barely any adjustment).I didn't alter the pitch one bit though.

That source is straight from the "12 inch single.

Posted By: SpellboundIs it me or do Phil's drums sound weird on both versions? His hi-hat is nearly inaudible, but in the Backtracks version it's loud and clear.

Probably due to it being a remastered/mixed version from the tapes,not taken from a dusty old LP like those above.
    It's great nitro! Phil Rudd is a fuckin machine!!! the AC/DC drummer!!!
    So wait, did they really play that fast or is it sped up?

The version Spellbound posted is the actual right?
    Posted By: AngusRudd1019So wait, did they really play that fast or is it sped up?

The version Spellbound posted is the actual right?

The version Spellbound posted is more likely to be correct, the Largo Promo videos always seem to be sped up just a hair (about 1.65 % actually).I had to adjust the audio to match the footage.The Promo videos are sourced from a VHS tape too might I add, which could contribute to the speed issues,then again the TV station it aired on could have messed with it as well, not sure honestly.

I wish I could have just slowed down the video but I don't have a program that can at the moment,so I work with what I can.
    Great work nitro. You've done a real good job there.
    For me since its release that has always been the definitive version of LTBR.
    Back in those days AC/DC live was about Angus, it's noticeable how nowadays Brian has to carry things a bit more.
    Another thought, how badass is Brian? I would give my right sideburn for the return of the Harley tshirt wearing, finger pointing, bug stomping, name taking Brian instead of the cringe inducing mincefest we saw on the BI tour
    I love the way Brian used to do his Let There Be ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great fucking awesome singer he was.
    •  
    • Jan 4th 2013

Was making this point exactly last night. Insane.
    Corrected the pitch and re-uploaded it, mati pointed out the first one was half a step up! I hadn't realized it, and since I didn't alter the pitch to begin with,I supposed Bignate sent me it that way lol.

Suppose you were also right Spellbound :)
    You went to far man! Now it's a half step down... compare it with´╗┐ Live At River Plate, it's the same.. You know, I think I have an excellent quality version of this one, with the right pitch
    This is the one I have, check it out nitro

http://www.mediafire...
    Motherfucker... LOL

I went a whole step by mistake.
    I fixed it, I matched it to the back tracks version...haha
    Posted By: BallToucherI love the way Brian used to do his Let There Be ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great fucking awesome singer he was.

Fuck yes. Another good one was at some Paris gig in '81, Brian screams "LETTT THERE BE ROCK ALL OVEAHH DA WORRRLLLLLDDOWWWW!!"

I wish the uploader didn't delete the video....
    What'd you think of the little Big Horn demos Spellbound?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Jan 4th 2013 edited

Didn't get to finish listening to them all, but it sounds A LOT better than I expected. God's Children and Hangin' Tree are my personal favorites riff wise.

Do you think that these could have been after Mal sobered up? MUCH better than anything AC/DC did after Flick, hell it even sounds better than Who Made Who. Drums, although are a bit thin, sound very good. Couldn't hear the bass much though.
    It's supposedly from '89, and that was indeed when Mal was sobering up, would imagine so.

I didn't do anything to them either,that's exactly how I got'em.
    Yeah, the sound quality (for a fucking demo, not even a final release) is awesome. Reminds me of the Ballbreaker demos of Burnin Alive and Boogie Man actually.

Wish he would've made FOTW and Video sound this good.....
    I wish he had've too,and I re-uploaded LTBR - again...

lol if it's not right,fuck it.
    good job nitro...i was wondering if slowed the video but i see you did the audio.
    holy shit, let there be guitar indeed

what can you say man, ac/dc's guitar sound is pretty much unmatched
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jan 8th 2013

Eddie Van Halen...........never mind all your fancy tippy tapping.............lets see you scratch your armpit with this much style while wielding the axe!!!

2:03
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Lefty Mac
    • Jan 8th 2013

Indeed. Plus Angus can do what Eddie does - Two's Up anyone?
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

To be fair, I don't think he can......but then he doesn't want to either.

I love Eddie and VH, but Angus is my favourite player by a long way, followed by Michael Schenker.
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

Also, I'd like to see THIS with a good sound. Best live ever version ever.

Posted By: Boina ScottIndeed. Plus Angus can do what Eddie does - Two's Up anyone?

actually Two's Up is not really a good example to compare Angus to Eddie with. that solo is very simple and straightforward - Eddie's solos are usually more complex

IMO eddie is the best rock guitar tapper - he doesn't overdo it (like 99% of bedroom shredders) yet he doesn't make it sound too n00b. it's really his thing, I can't see myself or anyone else doing it, at least in the way that he does

I like that arpeggio thing that Angus does in The Razors Edge right before the solo though,

and the part of the solo in RnR ain't noise pollution where he uses his signature fingerpicking style - wish he'd do that more often in his solos to spice things up
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

EVH does nothing for me at all. Obviously a fantastic guitarist.
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

I think the new VH album shows a lot more to Eddie than any of the previous ones. Very powerfull, and less tappy and virtuoso, more band orientated.

Angus just plays with such feel. Nothing can match Angus' stuff during their "golden era".
    I don't really like Eddie nowadays - he seems to have lost the blues feel and is now more of a melodic player just like the rest of them - he used to play bluesy solos in a fresh and flashy manner but nowadays he uses to much major and minor scales for my taste...
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

I'm just about the tapping in he end of the solo Nick - that's all. If angus wanted he could do it.

Angus Young = the truest, most honest and raw guitarist EVER. That to me makes anyone else shit to me.
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

'Little orphan Annie with an electric dildo' might be the best description I have ever heard. Ang wrings the notes out of his guts like no one else.
    Angus will always be my favorite guitarist,but I love Eddie Van Halen,and have to disagree with people who say Ed doesn't play with feeling.He's also a very underrated rhythm guitarist, you don't hear many people talk about his rhythm,but it's actually pretty bad ass.
    Technicality - EVH beats Ang
    Showmanship and Energy - Angus walks all over Eddie...
    Best Blues Player - Ang might have Eddie in that category, not sure...I'm not the one who can say.
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

It's like apples and oranges.
    Posted By: JemIt's like apples and oranges.

Bingo.
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

I'll take whatever fruit is Angus.

That didn't sound very right...
    Posted By: Boina ScottThat didn't sound very right...

You mean ripe.
    they're both great. angus has his own style and eddie has his own style. both instantly recognizable, eddie even more so when it comes to gtr solos. whenever an ac/dc song or a van halen song comes on, you know after the first couple of notes it's ac/dc, or van halen. not many guitar players can say that. both influenced a shit ton of guitar players, ac/dc in the rhythm/riff department and EVH in the lead department
    •  
    • Jan 8th 2013

I can tell Ang from a single note. Possibly even the space between two notes.
    •  
    • Jan 9th 2013

Mal always said its the gaps that are the most important.
    •  
    • Jan 9th 2013

Get some 'shredd er' and put in angus place iin the lead department then Nick - AC/DC would be shit.
    Posted By: Boina ScottGet some 'shredd er' and put in angus place iin the lead department then Nick - AC/DC would be shit.

Yeah I agree. And I am starting to wonder how hard it actually is to "shred" (unless we are talking about Paul Gilbert who is incredible). I play guitar and I focus a lot on Angus riffs, and playing them fast like Angus does.

I mean, how many shredders do you see on youtube? There is a million of them.
    I also think Angus could shred if he wanted to. The man was playing and writing incredible stuff when he was what, 20-21 years old?
    i'd love to hear EVH solos (pre-Hagar) in ac/dc songs - bedroom shredders are just fast and boring and angus solos can either be very good (First Blood, TRE, Sin City, Skies On Fire, etc) or very bland/unmemorable (which is usually the case)

I'm not making my reputation on this forum any better lol
    •  
    • Jan 9th 2013

As much a fan of EVH as I am, they wouldn't fit.
    •  
    • Jan 9th 2013

Posted By: NickGrouwen and angus solos can either be very good (First Blood, TRE, Sin City, Skies On Fire, etc) or very bland/unmemorable (which is usually the case)

I'm not making my reputation on this forum any better lol

No you're not. But then again we all know you're George Starostin - go listen to your Jethro Tull albums, fool.