To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

• AC/DC rock music: seventimes
    • Sep 12th 2012 edited

http://www.myplaydir...

Sorry if this has already been posted, but this is the first time I've seen this. So, River Plate is going to be released as an "official" live album/cd afterall? It seems strange since the DVD was released more than a year ago.
    http://www.myplaydir...

Sorry if this has been posted before, but it's the first time I've heard of it. So this is going to be an "official" live album/cd release afterall? It seems strange since the DVD was released more than a year ago.
    Wow...this is the first I'm hearing of it. pretty sweet news seventimes. don't recognise your name, so welcome to the forum! Definitely a good post to start out with here!
    Same here, I never heard about this.

They didn't even include High Voltage and Anything Goes as bonus tracks though. No real reason to buy it unless there's a better mix with less crowd noise and more Malcolm.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Sep 12th 2012

Nice find seventimes. It will be interesting to see if there's been any further adulteration of the recording.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jet1984
    • Sep 12th 2012 edited

If it hasn't got High voltage on it as an extra I ain't buying it.
    I would buy just for the booklet.
    I have already got the dvd and the dvd with the t/shirt .. is it not the same ?
    i mean track wise
    So no new album next year. If it will be audio from river plate, that's awfull, if it is from 3 nights mix that's kind of ok, but still blju.
    Amazing how something like this drops from nowhere. But seems bit of a lazy effort to me, live 'best of' whole tour would been much more welcome surpise, be worth listen nonetheless.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Sep 13th 2012

Black Ice tour live album would have shown more effort, but I don't like gaps between me songs on live albums generally.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Johnnysg
    • Sep 13th 2012

Dont understand why they waited so long, and hopefully it has a better mix like someone said......
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

This things suppose to have multiple covers, really??? I seen one with ang doin the devil horns...wonder what the others are...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Sep 13th 2012

Posted By: JohnnysgThis things suppose to have multiple covers, really??? I seen one with ang doin the devil horns...wonder what the others are...

Ang doin the devil horns against a different coloured background?
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Posted By: Pod
    Posted By: JohnnysgThis things suppose to have multiple covers, really??? I seen one with ang doin the devil horns...wonder what the others are...

Ang doin the devil horns against a different coloured background?
    hahaha, u know wat, I wouldnt even be that surprised lmao, u think theyd do that stupid shit twice???
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Sep 13th 2012

It'll be another pic of Angus posing that wasn't actually taken at the gig! ;o)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Sep 13th 2012

Yeah this one came out of nowhere. A total cashcow move.

The only thing we can hope for is they remastered the DVD audio (Malcolm) and that they have some bonus tracks (HV, AG). Otherwise, this release is essentially useless.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Ignore that. Didn't see the track listing. Same old shit.
    Jingle bells, jingle bells
    Jingle all the day
    I just can't wait till Christmas time

marke funte dolari dinari euri
    Posted By: jonalbathis release is essentially useless.

Agreed.

I might get the vinyl just for the heck of it though.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Let me make this clear, if they remaster Mal's audio, I will definitely consider buying this. That is a huge selling point for me, personally.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

I got to say I think this release is about a year and a half too late. They should have released this when the dvd came out as an either or, or a both together bundle. I always said the DVD offered no real interest to me, and I still don't have a copy, but the audio might appeal. I have yet to see/hear the DVD, but from what you guys have said on here regards the mix I can't see I'm going to get the cd until someone convinces me that it sounds good. If I want concert audio where you can't hear Malcolm, I'm sure there are plenty of free boots I can get my hands on. As for including AG and HV or not, who cares? AG sucked live and if you want to hear a decent HV version with Brian then dust off Live. At least that version is done properly.
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • Sep 13th 2012

sweet....I'm stoked for this....add to my poster collection too! I rather have audio than the live DVDs so this is great!!!!! Can't wait!
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Posted By: jonalbaLet me make this clear, if they remaster Mal's audio, I will definitely consider buying this. That is a huge selling point for me, personally.
    I would consider buying it under these circumstances too...
    Same for me. Ill consider buying it IF they correct some of their major mistakes made in the mix...
    • Sep 13th 2012

RUDD and JOHNSON together on a proper recording!!!
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Look, there's no denying that the vinyl release will sound monstrous... but if they've taken the time to fix Malcolm in the mix, then it shows they've actually paid attention and fixed an obvious issue with the release. We'll see....
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

AC/DC to release new live album

Tweet it, Like it, +1 it - I dare you.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Powerage
    • Sep 13th 2012

Lets face it.

Regardless of what everyone has just said, we are all going to buy it and enjoy the shit out of it.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Posted By: PowerageLets face it.

Regardless of what everyone has just said, we are all going to buy it and enjoy the shit out of it.

Yeah...
    I am gonna buy it only because of the 3 LP edition...seriously guys...i find this release totally disappointing and useless (if it has the same remix with the dvd)....i can't understand why they show so much attention to River Plate gig...T-shirts, posters , blurays and other shit....
    The real fans ,like us, would expect something really special like a remastered Largo 1981 or a complitation from Bon era (Glascow 1978, a remastered Cleveland 1979 etc...)
    • Sep 13th 2012 edited

YUP

can't wait to crank the shit outa my headphones
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Sep 13th 2012

Nope. Utterly pointless release for me. I have all of the songs I want on live recordings already. This would be a waste of money for me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: BallToucher
    • Sep 13th 2012 edited

Back when the DVD was released I said it was time for AC/DC to release just another Live album, to serve as testimony of their actual sound. (tinkering apart, of course).

20 years since the last one is long enough. I didn´t buy the DVD but I´ll definetly grab a copy of this to add to the album collection. High Voltage and AG should be included as bonus tracks. Specially HG, I hope I don´t ever have to hear AG again.

There are hundreds of better shots of Angus during that tour to use as cover art. What the fuck is wrong with this band´s marketing? Also, c´mon, where´s Brian? Is that the final cover for sure?

They should just buy that piece from whoever designed it.

As someone said above, this means no new material album for at least two years, tho. Oh well, life´s a bitch.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Posted By: BallToucherBack when the DVD was released I said it was time for AC/DC to release just another Live album, to serve as testimony of their actual sound. (tinkering apart, of course).

20 years since the last one is long enough. I didn´t buy the DVD but I´ll definetly grab a copy of this to add to the album collection. High Voltage and AG should be included as bonus tracks. Specially HG, I hope I don´t ever have to hear AG again.

There are hundreds of better shots of Angus during that tour to use as cover art. What the fuck is wrong with this band´s marketing? Also, c´mon, where´s Brian? Is that the final cover for sure?

They should just buy that piece from whoever designed it.

As someone said above, this means no new material album for at least two years, tho. Oh well, life´s a bitch.
    ikr, the cover aint that great, but the one u just posted kicks ass!!!
    I already have a fantastic audio rip from the DVD, HOWEVER if this album has Malcolm adjusted....then consider me suckered into getting the CD.

IF not,then fuck it....
    Posted By: BallToucher

I also hate the artwork for this CD. Does anyone remember the one I did? Honestly, I think it's better, and I did it using paint!

And that old recycled logo looks bad
    Why don't they use the artwork from the RSD 7"? I always liked that one.
    Posted By: matirockerI also hate the artwork for this CD. Does anyone remember the one I did? Honestly, I think it's better, and I did it using paint!

I prefer yours... LOL

and I am with BT on this one,

Posted By: BallToucherBack when the DVD was released I said it was time for AC/DC to release just another Live album, to serve as testimony of their actual sound. (tinkering apart, of course).

Way too late really...
    I don't think it's too late...it's actually a pretty smart business move, now they have basically the same thing they've released, in a different form that more people want, and it keeps the AC/DC name on the new release shelves.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Doubtful here. Like I say, I never bothered with LARP, so I doubt I'll get this. The only live stuff not previously available as better versions is the BI stuff, and that isn't enough for me to put my hand in my pocket. If bands really want to shift live albums these days, how about playing a setlist that will have everyone drooling over the audio, not chock full of songs we already have 10 times over as live recordings in one form or another.
    Posted By: Pod

Doubtful here. Like I say, I never bothered with LARP, so I doubt I'll get this. The only live stuff not previously available as better versions is the BI stuff, and that isn't enough for me to put my hand in my pocket. If bands really want to shift live albums these days, how about playing a setlist that will have everyone drooling over the audio, not chock full of songs we already have 10 times over as live recordings in one form or another.

Yet another reason to switch up the setlist. But you have to admit Pod, live versions of Brian singing Dog Eat Dog, Shot Down in Flames, Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be, are also cool to have. we don't have those with the exception of maybe a CD single or two.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Also though these songs are all on the Donington, No Bull or SUL DVD's. If the set had included 3 or 4 rarely played gems then I would have picked up the DVD on release day and be pre-odering the CD as we spoke. Sadly it didn't.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

I have to say, I booted the Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be off River Plate to my iPod, I love it. It greatly benefited from downtuning and Brian nails it.
    It sounds great, I love the performance I just wish Malcolm was mixed better!

That's my main complaint, I wanted it as a live album to begin with.

Still feel it would have sold way better during the time of LARP's release, a bit of a head scratch that it's coming out now.
    Better mix to LARP would be great but can't help thinking there was other nights across whole tour where they smashed it and that deserves hearing too rather than re-hashed LARP. Seems kinda arbitrary date to release live album, as live albums have been rare this seems missed chance to show best of BI tour other than best 1/3 nights.

It will probably be different logo colors like Black Ice.
    •  
    • Sep 13th 2012

Here's the way it works:

Release a live album from a concert series which played to 200,000 people, and there's a fucking good chance you're going to sell a copy to a great deal of those 200,000 on the simple basis of "I was there". They have a ready-made market for this thing in the form of the audience who attended the 3 shows. Throw in the purchases from those who just have to have everything by AC/DC, plus a variation on the bundle requiring people like ulster to buy both versions for the poster AND the booklet, and you've got yourself a commercially viable release.

It's a safe bet really. Sony are gun shy after Backtracks Deluxe.