To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Jem
    • Aug 27th 2012

The Foo Fighters, in the U.K for the Reading Festival this weekend, drew some noise complaints at a Belfast festival gig on August 21.

Evidently, the band cranked up the volume so much that they could be heard four miles away.

NME.com reports that local councilor Claire Hanna received some complaints over the noise. “It was exceptionally loud,” she said. “I welcome that we have concerts of this level but we do have to balance it with the right of people to enjoy a quiet night at home. Most residents understand that people want to enjoy a night out but a second night at the same level might provoke a few more calls.”

The Daily Express reports over that one hundred complaints made their way to the Belfast City Council while the police received some 20 complaints after the Foo Fighters played a loud show at a Belfast festival.

In response, the band have simply quoted AC/DC on their Facebook page: “A wise man once said... ‘Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution. Rock and Roll ain't gonna die.’”

Here's the link

http://www2.gibson.c...
    One of the reasons I really like the Foo Fighters and Dave Grohl.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Aug 27th 2012

haha, ironic that RARANP is on the radio thing at the side of the page at the moment :)
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Aug 27th 2012

And you guys always hate on me when I say how much I love them...
    •  
    • Aug 27th 2012

It's not that Jon, we just like 'hating' on you. Most members have their own personal reason. Mine is your 'use' of the English language.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: jonalba
    • Aug 27th 2012

Posted By: JemIt's not that Jon, we just like 'hating' on you. Most members have their own personal reason. Mine is your 'use' of the English language.

Bahahahahaha I love this place...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: mike11930
    • Aug 27th 2012

Posted By: jonalbaAnd you guys always hate on me when I say how much I love them...

Not me!

But, yeah, just further proves how badass the Foo's actually are. Dave Grohl is a God.
    Dave Grohl wore a Slayer shirt to the Grammy's.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Pod
    • Aug 27th 2012

Posted By: benji12394haha, ironic that RARANP is on the radio thing at the side of the page at the moment :)

No it isn't, it's The Razors Edge (live). Am I getting a different feed to everyone else?????
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Aug 27th 2012

Posted By: Pod
    Posted By: benji12394haha, ironic that RARANP is on the radio thing at the side of the page at the moment :)

No it isn't, it's The Razors Edge (live). Am I getting a different feed to everyone else?????

I posted that 7 hours ago, much as I'd love RARANP to be that long, it's not.
    Posted By: mike11930
    Posted By: jonalbaAnd you guys always hate on me when I say how much I love them...

Not me!

But, yeah, just further proves how badass the Foo's actually are. Dave Grohl is a God.

Agreed.Grohl is definitely one of the few people keeping loud rock music around. I watched 2012 Hard Rock Calling yesterday and more than half of the bands and artists they should were the least from Rock.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: mike11930
    • Aug 27th 2012

My professor noticed my Foo Fighters shirt today, and we had a conversation about them. It was pretty awesome.
    • AC/DC rock music: GoZone
    • Aug 27th 2012

I like disturbed way way way more than foo fighters as far as newer bands go. TO each their own!!
    • Aug 27th 2012

Posted By: GoZoneI like disturbed way way way more than foo fighters as far as newer bands go. TO each their own!!
    . I really don't care for foo at all, just not for me but they are a talent
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 56Century
    • Aug 28th 2012

Stay behind the kit David

•  
    • Aug 28th 2012

Great track. Great drummer.
    Posted By: GoZoneI like disturbed way way way more than foo fighters as far as newer bands go. TO each their own!!

I find that disturbing.

;)
    • Aug 28th 2012

Posted By: Spellbound

I find that disturbing.

;)

Disturbed is more my speed, more intense, more power, better singer. LOL

Cool that FF said that about DC though
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • May 26th 2019 edited

Phil and Tim Hanseroth were milling around the lobby of the Four Seasons hotel in downtown Seattle last month. Guitars in tow, Brandi Carlile’s longtime bandmates — endeared to fans as simply “the twins” — were waiting on the folk star and Dave Grohl. The Seattle rock heroes were en route to an impromptu busking session at Pike Place Market that would be viewed by scores of lucky tourists and a couple of million fans on Carlile’s Facebook Live feed when the brothers got a call.

Carlile was on the line with a last-minute request. Apparently, Grohl wanted to know if they’d learn AC/DC’s “Let There Be Rock,” a staple in Grohl’s Foo Fighters cover-song arsenal, shortly before they’re about to post up beneath the farmers market sign.

“It’s like the one AC/DC song that’s like eight minutes long — not really an intuitive AC/DC song,” Tim says. “So, we’re like ‘[Expletive].’”

With the clock ticking, the twins pulled up the song (six minutes, for the record) on their iPhones and got to work in the hotel lobby. While video of the mini concert at the market instantly went viral and is bound to live on in Seattle music lore, it seems the hotel staff was less impressed with the Hanseroths’ rehearsal.

“The lady that works at the front desk was like, ‘I’m gonna have to ask you guys to leave.’ We got kicked out of the Four Seasons trying to learn an AC/DC song so we could busk,” says Tim, still amused by the situation. “I’ve never been prouder to be asked to leave the Four Seasons, though.”

https://www.seattlet...
    Great quote from a really mediocre band.

Though no one here will agree, Dave should have stayed a drummer. He did great with Killing Joke. He's a good second fiddle (or drummer), not a main songwriter and frontman. Again, I can hear the objections... Being an affable guy who can strum some chords while screaming relatively on key does not make one Bruce Springsteen or Bon Scott or Lemmy.

Dave is "edge" for soccer moms.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rajd07
    • Jun 2nd 2019

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoGreat quote from a really mediocre band.

Though no one here will agree, Dave should have stayed a drummer.

Agree. He is almost as edge as the Edge in U2
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Jun 2nd 2019

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoGreat quote from a really mediocre band.

Though no one here will agree, Dave should have stayed a drummer. He did great with Killing Joke. He's a good second fiddle (or drummer), not a main songwriter and frontman. Again, I can hear the objections... Being an affable guy who can strum some chords while screaming relatively on key does not make one Bruce Springsteen or Bon Scott or Lemmy.

I agree.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Jun 2nd 2019 edited

“Being an affable got who can strum some chords while screaming relatively in key does not make one.... Lemmy.”

Is this not Lemmy?
    Anyone who denies Dave Grohl being a songwriter deserves a reality check. Like the music or not, the guy wrote tons of hits. And they have tons of hidden gems that most people don't know. But why do I bother...
    Posted By: Spellbound“Being an affable got who can strum some chords while screaming relatively in key does not make one.... Lemmy.”

Is this not Lemmy?

This is just a part of the Lemmy magic. Character is the undeniable criterion. I don't feel Dave G. has much.
    Posted By: matirockerAnyone who denies Dave Grohl being a songwriter deserves a reality check. Like the music or not, the guy wrote tons of hits. And they have tons of hidden gems that most people don't know. But why do I bother...

You bother because they connect with you and have meaning. They don't on either count for me. I like your playing in the house band a lot but agree to disagree here. And I have never said the man can't write hits. That's not how I judge my fave artists though.
    There's a lot of bands and artists who I don't like, but there's some respect to be had because of the success they've had, and that doesn't come by itself. Get all the backup from labels and stuff, but your music is bland, it will be forgotten quickly. Make great music, it will stand the test of time.

I meant "why do I bother" as in, a lot of people in this forum constantly bash out on Dave and the Foos and I just don't get it.

You don't like the music that's fine, but deny him as a valid songwriter (or what you meant with "main songwritter") just seems totally wrong if you ask me.

Thanks for the House Band comments.. nothing wrong with disagreeing
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_Toronto
    Posted By: matirockerAnyone who denies Dave Grohl being a songwriter deserves a reality check. Like the music or not, the guy wrote tons of hits. And they have tons of hidden gems that most people don't know. But why do I bother...

You bother because they connect with you and have meaning. They don't on either count for me. I like your playing in the house band a lot but agree to disagree here. And I have never said the man can't write hits. That's not how I judge my fave artists though.

I don't think that was his point, though. He was saying that their hits aren't what you should be judging them on. That would be like dismissing AC/DC as some poppy band based on YSMANL.

Here's a more intense song by them that increased my respect for them after previously feeling somewhat like you do about them:

This is also a killer rocker:

I've always admired the genuine respect that the Foo Fighters have for AC/DC. I think it's really cool. When I saw the Foo Fighters live they played two AC/DC songs in their set being Highway to Hell and If You Want Blood. Just before David Grohl started singing Highway to Hell he screamed out, "I fucking love these guys". Being a crazy AC/DC obsessed fan I thought that was fucking cool :-)
    Brian should guest on our of their albums. That would be a fitting tribute indeed. Not a live guest shot doing a freakish stunt like bringing a coat hanger like Rick Astley up on stage, but a new tune with them backing Brian. Am I wrong?
    I just heard another single by The Foo Fighters on the local "alternative" station today. I assume it's new. Crunchy guitars, up tempo, some grit in the vocals at times...

and still as bland as Quaker Fuckin' Oats minus the brown sugar or raisins. I'd rather listen to early Brian Adams than this. I get so worked up because some categorize this as music with "edge." It's not. If you like it, great, but it's fucking predictable and safe as all fuck.

"No edge no edge you got no knife have you"
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: 7seven
    • Jun 15th 2019

Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI just heard another single by The Foo Fighters on the local "alternative" station today. I assume it's new. Crunchy guitars, up tempo, some grit in the vocals at times...

and still as bland as Quaker Fuckin' Oats minus the brown sugar or raisins. I'd rather listen to early Brian Adams than this. I get so worked up because some categorize this as music with "edge." It's not. If you like it, great, but it's fucking predictable and safe as all fuck.

Nö edge ?
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Briany
    • Jun 15th 2019

Posted By: micahcareyBrian should guest on our of their albums. That would be a fitting tribute indeed. Not a live guest shot doing a freakish stunt like bringing a coat hanger like Rick Astley up on stage, but a new tune with them backing Brian. Am I wrong?

Rick Astley is undeniably a brilliant singer, but I think he was only up there with the Foos due to his meme fame. By the same token, I don't think the Foos would have passed on getting the Trololo guy up on stage, had he not passed away before that could be arranged.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: angus1878
    • Jun 15th 2019

as much as i HATE the FOOL fighters...i do like this video

Posted By: 7seven
    Posted By: Bedlam_in_TorontoI just heard another single by The Foo Fighters on the local "alternative" station today. I assume it's new. Crunchy guitars, up tempo, some grit in the vocals at times...

Nö edge ?

Don't mind the verse but don't like the chorus. Yes, it's "heavier" than most radio stuff but sounds quite different than most the soccer-mom pap I hear from them.

Still don't like it enough to follow up. I don't mind mellow (take The Church, for example), or stripped down and fierce (take Dr. Know, for example) but it's good to be GOOD either way. I don't see or hear it from FF.

More power to you and the millions who do.
    And one more thing, when a band puts out predictable, generic music 10 songs out of 11, I don't really rate the 11th that is an obvious attempt to prove their street cred as being some high-water mark for the band; it's obvious, why they do a song like that.

Give me Monster fuckin' Magnet any day over this band. For both fierce and mellow.
    •  
    • Jun 25th 2019

Don't know why people hate them. They don't do much for me. I like a handful of their songs, not enough to go see them live. Glad there is a rock band out there providing an umbrella for other bands.
    I don't know what you're talking about Bedlam in Toronto, but the Foo Fighters didn't release any new single. If you don't want to hear predictable music by them, check out their last two albums. Specially the last one. I didn't like them very much, but they were trying new stuff for sure.
    Posted By: matirockerI don't know what you're talking about Bedlam in Toronto, but the Foo Fighters didn't release any new single. If you don't want to hear predictable music by them, check out their last two albums. Specially the last one. I didn't like them very much, but they were trying new stuff for sure.

Ok, perhaps the station I sometimes listen to here (102.1, most here would hate it) often plays new music but sometimes older cuts.

My bad: it was milquetoast older single.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: azel
    • Jun 28th 2019

Posted By: matirockerThere's a lot of bands and artists who I don't like, but there's some respect to be had because of the success they've had, and that doesn't come by itself. Get all the backup from labels and stuff, but your music is bland, it will be forgotten quickly. Make great music, it will stand the test of time.

I meant "why do I bother" as in, a lot of people in this forum constantly bash out on Dave and the Foos and I just don't get it.

You don't like the music that's fine, but deny him as a valid songwriter (or what you meant with "main songwritter") just seems totally wrong if you ask me.

Thanks for the House Band comments.. nothing wrong with disagreeing

I think a lot of people like their rock stars to be edgy, dangerous, tainted even, and Dave Grohl comes across as just a really nice guy (Bon Scott was inbetween......the lightning flash in the middle ;). Nowt wrong with that in my book.
    They're not one of my favourite bands, but I do like them, and have seen them a few times.

I'll always love the Lemmy's, Pete Way's, Ozzy's of this world, but there is always room for people like Dave Grohl.
    Correct. Would love to go on the piss with him, though he does appear to drink shit beer!