To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]
Custom Search

ACDCfans.net

This forum is for fans of rock music, rock bands and rock concerts - and in particular AC/DC's brand of high-voltage rock 'n' roll music. ACDCfans.net brings you the latest AC/DC news and gives rock music fans and musicians a chance to meet others like them around the world.

To comment in the forum, you need to register for an account. Sign in to your account below or apply for membership.

•  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Jun 25th 2018

Don’t Wait Until You’re Older to Fight Getting Old
    Research shows aging can start surprisingly early—but there are ways to counteract declines in hearing, sight and bone and muscle mass

https://www.wsj.com/...

Our hearing is best between ages 18 and 25, says Ian Windmill, clinical director of audiology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. “It actually starts going down after that, but it’s so slow, so you don’t notice it for many years.”

It usually becomes noticeable around age 50, he says.

There’s no way to restore such hearing loss, since it’s caused by both genetics and environmental factors, such as exposure to loud noises and chemicals, as well as your diet and medications. Avoiding loud noises is impossible, but you can reduce their impact by taking measures such as wearing hearing protection when mowing the lawn or attending a rock concert, he says.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Inferno
    • Mar 5th 2019

•  
      AC/DC rock music: drillbag
    • Mar 5th 2019 edited

when I play in a loud band I use earplugs so I can hear myself better!
    when attending shows I don't use them but I make sure that people aren't yelling into my ear all night - that's where the real damage has occurred for me.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Mar 6th 2019

Posted By: drillbagwhen attending shows I don't use them but I make sure that people aren't yelling into my ear all night - that's where the real damage has occurred for me.
    If you wear ear plugs, I guarantee you can hear people talking to you without them yelling. If the person you're talking to is also wearing earplugs, then you can have a conversation at normal sound levels.

Wear ear protection people, for fucks sake. Invest in a good pair and you'll be amazed by the experience - no deterioration in sound, enjoyment, and no ringing ears the next day.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Mar 6th 2019

People shoudn't talk or yell at me during concerts at all! I hate that. I'm listening to the fucking music!