[ Sign In | Register ]

•  
      AC/DC rock music: bonlives
    • Jan 1st 2012

This little beauty doesn't come up for sale too often - a real treat for collectors.

[Link to eBay item]
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: DC/79
    • Jan 1st 2012

Nice, unfortunately the piggy is still recovering from my latest Gibson purchase so I'm going to have to pass this time....would like it though!
    •  
    • Jan 2nd 2012

It'll make $500+ I reckon. Have seen it as high as $1000+
    •  
    • Jan 3rd 2012

Hooley Dooley $727 already!
    • AC/DC rock music: Mobes
    • Jan 6th 2012

Up to $1000.....
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2012

Awesome stuff - $1225!

http://www.noise11.c...
    •  
    • Jan 16th 2012

Another is for sale too!

[Link to eBay item]
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Ian Sane
    • Jan 18th 2012 edited

Still pisses me off that these two tracks weren't included on Backtracks. Wish I had a lazy $1500 lying around to have a crack at one.
    the thing is I know its where it all started but they're not that great are they? (btw I make that statement with 100% respect to other forum member's opinion and I certainly don't mean to cause any offence)
    ^DP
    Great post, though! Cheers. Thanks
    Posted By: ulstersaint^DP

I'm telling you DP has payed off Carlos,

He may be negotiating for Pod's account too.Eventually,there will be a Douglas Paul revolution....
    •  
    • Jan 23rd 2012

Positively cheap!

[Link to eBay item]
    Damn....... $1,200 USD? Well, that's ebay for ya.
    •  
    • Feb 7th 2012

[Link to eBay item]

Another chance to snap up this rarity...
    •  
    • Aug 13th 2012

And yet another!

[Link to eBay item]
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Aug 14th 2012

If I won the lottery this would be the first thing I would buy
    Posted By: benji12394If I won the lottery this would be the first thing I would buy

I'd buy the rights to Fly and make Nitro remix it for a fans.net only release.
    This man is a genius^
    Posted By: crispyvenom
    Posted By: benji12394If I won the lottery this would be the first thing I would buy

I'd buy the rights to Fly and make Nitro remix it for a fans.net only release.

Seconded.
    •  
    • Aug 28th 2012

[Link to eBay item]

another one!!!
    •  
    • Oct 22nd 2012

And another:

[Link to eBay item]

And then there's this fake:

[Link to eBay item]
    •  
    • Oct 23rd 2012

[Link to eBay item]

$560AUD for a bit of green plastic out of China, unbelievable!
    •  
    • May 4th 2013

[Link to eBay item]

Another copy has surfaced
    First AC/DC piece of music to ever hit stores.

Now this is an item I´d like to have!
    •  
    • Jun 14th 2013

Another for sale at a pretty 'average' price

[Link to eBay item]
    What's the going price for these singles nowadays? Is this one on the cheap side?

[Link to eBay item]
    •  
    • Nov 10th 2013

This one looks a bit suspicious to me. Look at the A-Side. The "Young and Young" disappears underneath the centre bit. This may be normal I don't know. Bonlives?
    • AC/DC rock music: GShootin
    • Nov 10th 2013

Surely this ones been faked by now hasn't it ?
    G'day guy's. If this is genuine then it's the cheapest I've ever seen it go for.

I've just checked my A-Z GUIDE TO RARE AND COLLECTABLE AC/DC RECORDS and there is a photo of the bootleg copy on page 661. There are some very minor differences with both photo's. The yellow writing of ALBERT PRODUCTIONS on the bootleg is very close to the center hole, on the one on eBay the ALBERT PRODUCTIONS writing is about 3mm lower. Also the writing on the right hand side of the center hole on the bootleg photo is slightly more to the right.
    Link to bootleg copy.

http://imgur.com/TFw...
    Special thanks to my son for posting the above link, I have no fucking idea what to do, LOL.
    By the way, the differences in the photo's refer to the Can I sit next to you side.
    Posted By: thunderstruck77What's the going price for these singles nowadays? Is this one on the cheap side?

[Link to eBay item]

600 for a fake .
    •  
    • Nov 12th 2013

I'm pretty sure this is legit. Can't confirm from these pics, but it definitely doesn't look like one of the obvious fakes.

I'm just thankful I'm not starting out collecting AC/DC now... the amount of shit hitting the market is frightening.
    I tend to agree with you bonlives, the one on eBay is slightly different to the photo of the bootleg copy in my book.
    • Nov 12th 2013

But bear in mind, bootleggers are making new copies all the time. It's virtually impossible to spot one now since they've all upped their counterfitting skills
    •  
    • Nov 12th 2013

Posted By: GShootinBut bear in mind, bootleggers are making new copies all the time. It's virtually impossible to spot one now since they've all upped their counterfitting skills
    That's spot on... the forgeries are getting better by the day. A lot of the autographs are being auto-penned now too, yet claiming to be hand signed.
    • Nov 12th 2013

To be fair, i've never understood why anyone would buy a signed item anyway. Surely an autograph is a personal thing that you get yourself. Not sure how it'd hold any lasting interest unless i was the holder that actually got it and had the memory to go with it
    •  
    • Nov 12th 2013

I agree, but, it's a bit different when it comes to, say, Bon... you ain't gonna ever have that memory, but it's still cool to have something that the man himself has held and signed.

The other aspect is investment. Beatles autographs are insanely expensive, due mostly to the scarcity factor. Alternative investments like stamps, coins, collectibles etc have proven to deliver returns. I don't think AC/DC are too different in this respect...
    I agree GShootin, I have a massive collection and absolutely nothing is signed. If I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to meet any of the band, I would then cherish what ever I would be lucky enough to get signed, as you said, it's a personal thing.
    •  
    • May 13th 2014

[Link to eBay item]

Here's a chance to pick up this single at a pretty good price. I found it on ebay about a week ago, but I forgot to notify you guys. I would never blow that amount of money on a record, but I know that a few guys on here would. I'm about 90% sure this one is legit by looking at the photos, but one can't be 100% sure with all the shit going round these days. I'm sure bonives will give a definitive answer :)
    I use to collect and I considered getting back into it. But how rare is this if I can roll into my office every day and buy 1 off ebay?
    •  
    • May 13th 2014

Every day?
    Well you guys just listed like 10, there doesn't seem to be a shortcoming of them anytime soon.
    •  
    • May 13th 2014

Well, that's not every day. It is a genuinely rare record.
    Picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago. Seller was asking for $600, I offered him $550, he accepted. Has a few marks on it, but shit man, it is 40 years old, the main thing is it played through perfectly on both sides.

This one is pretty rare, although I've noticed a few have been listed recently. There is another listed on Aussie eBay at the moment, he's asking $999.99 has dropped his price by $100 since the last listing.
    • AC/DC rock music: scottbon
    • Jun 29th 2014

I got my hands on this signed "Can I sit next to you girl"single with Dave
    It's says "To Dave ,Good Things Robert Bailey" the seller has sold it twice one ebay in 2012.I saw it in a record shop here in Norway on last saturday.
    The shop showed me this print from the popsike site , and wanted the same prize.
    So the question: Is Robert Bailey -Rob Bailey?(the third bass player not the first), and is it the autentic?

Link to first sale on ebay:
    http://www.popsike.c...

I found this one later myself
    Link to a second sale on ebay:
    http://www.popsike.c...
    •  
    • Jun 30th 2014

The one in the pictures is authentic - it's the same item which appears to have either been sold twice (perhaps the first sale fell through), or it's changed hands.

Are you saying you've seen the same record in Norway? Can you show us a picture of it?
    • AC/DC rock music: scottbon
    • Jul 1st 2014

Posted By: bonlivesThe one in the pictures is authentic - it's the same item which appears to have either been sold twice (perhaps the first sale fell through), or it's changed hands.

Are you saying you've seen the same record in Norway? Can you show us a picture of it?

I didn't take any pictures of the single when I saw it , but I know the record dealer bought the single with a huge record collection with lots of rarites from another man in Norway.
    I think personally the amount he is asking for It, is too high.Is the signature authentic ?
    I've send a PM to Dave Evans ,but all he said is Rob was the third bass player
    I have it on hold at the dealer ,but I don't' know what do

Is it worth it?