To comment in the AC/DC forum [ Sign In | Register ]

Custom Search

it obviously won't sound as a true DC tune, it was written by Alex Young for the band
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Spellbound
    • Apr 30th 2014 edited

I'm convinced it's AC/DC with Alex singing.

EDIT: Well well, it looks like my gut instinct was correct? ;)
    It is only Bon that is featured in this song.

Bon Scott – background vocals
    Gerhard Wahl – guitar
    Wolf Hoffman – guitar
    Udo Dirkschneider – lead vocals
    Dieter Rubach – bass guitar
    Frank Friedrich – drums
    Hardly AC/DC then is it?
    Posted By: powersurgeIt is only Bon that is featured in this song.

Gerhard Wahl – guitar
    Wolf Hoffman – guitar
    Frank Friedrich – drums

That begs the question - why did Wolf say AC/DC's is way better if they never played it? Not only that, but why would Wolf himself say that Alex brought a tape of the band playing it with Bon singing?

http://www.metallian...
    Posted By: powersurgeIt is only Bon that is featured in this song.

Gerhard Wahl – guitar
    Wolf Hoffman – guitar
    Frank Friedrich – drums

There's no fucking way that's Udo singing, That's Alex for sure. The drums are also extremely Rudd-like. Also, why would Bon pop into the studio JUST to record two choruses for a lesser-tier band's shitty demo?
    Well, to be fair, Alex Young practically took it to the grave refusing to have this released... But what a load of shit.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Viking
    • May 8th 2014

Removed due to copyrights issues, from SMV Schackt musikverlage, gmbH & co. KG
    ^ Yep. I also had to take a short (three-question) quiz on copyright law before they let me back into my account. Hahahahaha.
    Posted By: SpellboundWell, to be fair, Alex Young practically took it to the grave refusing to have this released...

now we know why...
    Posted By: VikingRemoved due to copyrights issues, from SMV Schackt musikverlage, gmbH & co. KG

Who is SMV Schackt musikverlage, gmbG & co. KG?
    Posted By: boothjorden
    Posted By: VikingRemoved due to copyrights issues, from SMV Schackt musikverlage, gmbH & co. KG

The company who removed the video.

^ lol.
    Posted By: matirocker
    Posted By: boothjorden

The company who removed the video.

I see.
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • May 13th 2014

This the video ?

http://www.youtube.c...
    • AC/DC rock music: ACDCnut
    • May 13th 2014

That bit where the chorus starts..."I'm a.." sounds so much like Bon, I felt chills..
    Anyone still have a copy of this that they'd be willing to shoot my way? Lost mine. :(
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Viking
    • Dec 24th 2014

I need a copy too.. Everyone who said this was a big let down, pfft.. It wasnt the holy grail we'd all been talking about for decades, but still a really cool document of what happened with that song, and Bon singing the chorus gave me chills as well. No doubt that is Bon
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Dec 24th 2014

I got it somewhere, let me find it...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: benji
    • Dec 24th 2014

Thanks a lot, man!
    Posted By: VikingI need a copy too.. Everyone who said this was a big let down, pfft.. It wasnt the holy grail we'd all been talking about for decades, but still a really cool document of what happened with that song, and Bon singing the chorus gave me chills as well. No doubt that is Bon

It didn't hit me until a few months later how fucking awesome the recording is.
    • AC/DC rock music: Mathius71
    • Dec 25th 2014 edited

Despite powersurge words, for me the matter is not clear. I mean, for years accept people said there was an ACDC version.
    By the way, i do like the song too.
    Pete from Accept said AC/DC's was much better than their result a few years ago. I think he heard it again when the band was on the BI tour. Makes me wonder if there's a full-fledged demo out there that doesn't sound like it was caught on one mic.
    Maybe, but i was meaning another thing. I was talking about the musicians who recorded it. I still think that beside Bon, could be more ACDC members in this recording.
    Posted By: Mathius71Maybe, but i was meaning another thing. I was talking about the musicians who recorded it. I still think that beside Bon, could be more ACDC members in this recording.

Only non-AC/DC member I can hear is Alex.
    • AC/DC rock music: BrennaB
    • Aug 22nd 2019

Just uploaded yesterday but probably the same thing uploaded again.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Grim177
    • Aug 22nd 2019

Posted By: BrennaBJust uploaded yesterday but probably the same thing uploaded again.

Yep. Nice to hear it again though. Although I did snag it at the time I haven't played it for years.
    • AC/DC rock music: Rocco
    • Aug 22nd 2019

I wonder if they also recorded some other stuff at this session?
    The Accept version sounds like the best song The Darkness never wrote.
    Hi, yes it's the same, my first upload was deleted by Youtube few years ago, so I upload it again, but for how long ? ;)
    Did Angus or Mal ever comment on this track?

Alex apparently had a son also called Alex - anyone know what happened to him? I know Alex snr died a while back.
    • Aug 29th 2019

So many of them are a fricken mystery. I can’t find much out about any of them. I couldn’t even find a photo of George’s wife Sandra after he died. I was just curious. Even Angus and Malcolm have always been careful and tight lipped about anything not band related, and even then a lot of that is unknown. Lol. I know very little about Alex, and Nothing about Steven (Stevie’s Dad). That family is tight lipped. And that’s ok too. I don’t fault them for that. They wouldn’t be so much of a secret in the US though. The media here is very nosy. I did read Alex died of Lung cancer I think. Everyone in that family must smoke like a chimney. =)
    • Aug 29th 2019

Posted By: vincent1982Hi, yes it's the same, my first upload was deleted by Youtube few years ago, so I upload it again, but for how long ? ;)

Oh wow, it WAS you that uploaded it. Cool.
    • AC/DC rock music: Goulash
    • Aug 30th 2019

Posted By: BrennaBSo many of them are a fricken mystery. I can’t find much out about any of them. I couldn’t even find a photo of George’s wife Sandra after he died. I was just curious. Even Angus and Malcolm have always been careful and tight lipped about anything not band related, and even then a lot of that is unknown. Lol. I know very little about Alex, and Nothing about Steven (Stevie’s Dad). That family is tight lipped. And that’s ok too. I don’t fault them for that. They wouldn’t be so much of a secret in the US though. The media here is very nosy. I did read Alex died of Lung cancer I think. Everyone in that family must smoke like a chimney. =)

Alex on saxophone with Tony Sheridan and his band in 1977.
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 30th 2019

Posted By: BrennaBI know very little about Alex,

https://australianro...
    •  
      AC/DC rock music: Thankass
    • Aug 30th 2019

Alex with Brian in '82

Nvm already posted